Local club/country
Hunley Hotel & Golf Club, North Yorkshire
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
Celtic_Bil said:
Just ordered a set of MP18 SC.

Went to try, thinking if anything that I may end up with the MMC in the AMT shaft and came out ordering SC with the Project X LZ (Steel).  Felt a lot better than the standard Project X shaft and better results.

Hopefully see them next week!  :)
Had the call earlier this morning and I've just been to collect the new puppies!  Won't get chance to hit them until our Thursday night range session.

Happy birthday to me!

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I recently got a set of JPX900 Hot Metal irons with the LZ 4.5 graphite shafts. My set came as 5-SW and I finally found the matching 4 iron to go with it. It should arrive the first of next week.

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
Ordered a set of Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal irons 5-PW std lie & length fitted with KBS Tour C-Taper Lite R flex shafts and Red Black Multi Compound grips,

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
seanmor said:
Ordered a set of Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal irons 5-PW std lie & length fitted with KBS Tour C-Taper Lite R flex shafts and Red Black Multi Compound grips,
I hope you love yours as much as I love mine... Great irons!!!

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
DennisMiller said:
seanmor said:
I hope you love yours as much as I love mine... Great irons!!!
Hi Dennis,

I'm sure I will really looking forward to getting them, 

AG said that it would take about 10-14 working days for delivery but I think that is their stock answer when you ask how long it will take for delivery...! I think it will be more like 3-5 days from placing the order so I should have them by next week,

I could just jump in the car tomorrow and drive up to the Mizuno factory in Cumbernauld knock on the front door and ask them if they have them assembled yet as I only live 35 miles from the factory  ;) 

Cheers

John. :D

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
seanmor said:
my new irons arrived today had my custom fit done on Thursday 19th at my local AG in Irvine order placed on the Friday 
irons assembled at Cumberland on Monday irons delivered to me today Wednesday 25th that’s a 4 working day turn round well done Mizuno excellent service,

looking forward to my first game with them tomorrow at Eastwood golf club although they look so good I might just hang them on the wall and just keep playing The JPX 850’s...! ;) 

John :D 

Attachments

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Good luck with the Hot Metals! I've had once chance to try the fitting cart 6 iron this year and I was surprised by how good it looked and felt. They would certainly be on my list of new clubs to consider. The only worry for me was that I was hitting the 6 iron ridiculously far. I might need to add a couple of gap wedges into the set.

What is the striped donkey in your bag? :)

I haven't bothered to go pick up the EZs from my brother yet. It's snowing right now and we should have about 10 cm of snow by tomorrow morning so there's no real rush to get out to play. :( One Finnish publication published a short recap of this season. The headline read "The shortest golf season in years" and continued "This season will be remembered for a very difficult spring, cold summer and early closure of courses". :D

I do believe we'll be playing in November again though. 

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
Halebopp said:
Good luck with the Hot Metals! I've had once chance to try the fitting cart 6 iron this year and I was surprised by how good it looked and felt. They would certainly be on my list of new clubs to consider. The only worry for me was that I was hitting the 6 iron ridiculously far. I might need to add a couple of gap wedges into the set.

I haven't bothered to go pick up the EZs from my brother yet. It's snowing right now and we should have about 10 cm of snow by tomorrow morning so there's no real rush to get out to play. :( One Finnish publication published a short recap of this season. The headline read "The shortest golf season in years" and continued "This season will be remembered for a very difficult spring, cold summer and early closure of courses". :D

Makes me realise how lucky I am.  Two courses with my membership and we never have winter tees or winter greens. 

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Halebopp said:
Good luck with the Hot Metals! I've had once chance to try the fitting cart 6 iron this year and I was surprised by how good it looked. They would certainly be on my list of new clubs to consider. The only worry for me was that I was hitting the 6 iron ridiculously far. I might need to add a couple of gap wedges into the set.

Hi Halebopp,

Thank you, i'm looking forward to playing my first game with them tomorrow and i'm hoping like you say that i'll also be worried at how ridiculously far they go as nowadays I need all the help I can get..! :)

I had a good laugh when you asked what the striped donkey in my bag was but it's actually a Zebra 3 wood head cover that goes by the name of Zachary it was a Christmas gift from my then 5 year old son who will be 40 years old next year so I've had it for around 34+ years,

Weather and season length wise here in Ayrshire on the west coast of Scotland we look to have it a lot easier than you guy's do, not just as cold and a lot less snow but we do get a h-ll of a lot of rain that more than makes up for it :shock:

Cheers

John :D

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
DMT, I would actually be happy with an 8-month season starting in late March, early April and ending in late November, early December but the mid/late April start and early/mid October finish is a bit too short.

Our home club doesn't do winter greens though. even though some greens were mostly sand even in early June. I'll take a sandy green every time over a hole on the fairway. :)

John, the zoologist in me must've been on vacation when I wrote that. I do have a faint recollection of the donkey and horse look-a-likes with dazzle camouflage being called zebras. :D What a great headcover to have, it must be the most valued piece of equipment in your bag! Also, you've certainly taken good care of it! Doing the math, I was born the same year you got it but I don't look nearly as good. :)

I had to check the rainfall averages for Kilmarnock and figured out we get about the same amount of rain from June to September but the rest of the year is drier for us. This year was a bit different as we got over 130 mm of water in June and most of the courses never recovered. If I do a driver fitting one day, it will be optimized for purely carry as I can't see the summers improving all that much in the near future.

Anyhoo, I went for a walk today and I seriously doubt we'll get to play this weekend. :D (Walking without a dog or your clubs really is boring)

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I really like my Hot Metal irons, but having hit some balls yesterday while at Planet Golf, there was talk between me, Freddie, (one of the owners),
and Nelson, (one of the fitting and repair staff) I felt like I was hitting the ball fairly well, but the ball flight looked lazy and distance was a club short. Nelson put together a 6 iron with a senior flex shaft and all of a sudden, my slow, lasy swing got some better results.

Long story short, I'm no longer on the edge between being effective with a stiff or
regular shaft. It's dwindled down to the edge of regular and senior.
Part of this has to do with physical problems that may or may not be able to be cured. So, if I want to continue to play, plus enjoy myself in the process, I had to make a decision.

Based on the premise that you should play the most flexible shaft you can control, I ordered a set of Hot Metal irons with senior flex shafts
this morning.

I'm getting the 4-9, PW and GW, Senior flex graphite shafts, 1/2" over long.

Being diabetic, I'll try to restrain myself from being a kid in a candy shop...

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Picked up a second hand #7 CS putter off the bay of e, don't know why I sold the first one!!!!!

Just ordered a set of 50/54/58 T7 wedges, the T5 are still in good condition but I've never really liked the look of them and OCD has finally taken over.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
hursty said:
Just ordered a set of 50/54/58 T7 wedges, the T5 are still in good condition but I've never really liked the look of them and OCD has finally taken over.
Funny, but I haven't found much improvement in my ability to use any other wedge lineup since the T4. I do have a set of JPX wedges and I like them too, but my limited ability isn't finding any benefit beyond those so far.

Something I have to consider now is, having ordered the Hot Metal irons with senior flex shafts, whether to look for or build shafts for my driver, 3 wood and 4 hybrid, not to mention my wedges. More than likely, I should reshaft a SW and LW to go with the new set. With regular flex shafts in the driver, 3 wood and hybrid, maybe I can get away with it for a while, but I'll be curious whether the long clubs xcould be more effective for me with the softer shafts.

Any thoughts on that?

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Sorry to commit blasphemy but the Cleveland RTX Forged wedges are way more playable than any of the Mizuno ones

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Brattz said:
Sorry to commit blasphemy but the Cleveland RTX Forged wedges are way more playable than any of the Mizuno ones
Wash your mouth out!!!!!

Good job my playability is more concerned with things matching rather than what's best then :)

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Brattz said:
Bow 3 times towards the east, say 5 Hail Mizunos and donate 10% of your salary to the old golf professionals home.

Someday ye shall be forgiven...

Top Bottom