HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Growing up, I liked the Golf Pride Tour Wrap, but they changed the chemical formula a few years ago and the only way I can describe it is to say now, it's actually too sticky.

I've gone to the Tour Satin now. It took a while to get used to, but I'm OK with it now.

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver
JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.
Hope you get to read this Dennis, just to wish you all the best over the next few days. Let us know how you're doing. 

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Thanks.... We have up the shutters and everything is in plastic bags to protect it. I'm thinking about trying to find a hotel room just to keep from being in the house. I have a terrible feeling the roof is going to go since I already need a small repair over the front door.

More than anything I'm hating about this hurricane coming on Sunday is, I know I won't have my usual Monday morning golf game.

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
DennisMiller said:
Thanks.... We have up the shutters and everything is in plastic bags to protect it. I'm thinking about trying to find a hotel room just to keep from being in the house. I have a terrible feeling the roof is going to go since I already need a small repair over the front door.

More than anything I'm hating about this hurricane coming on Sunday is, I know I won't have my usual Monday morning golf game.
Hi Dennis,

just been on the Live feed Web-cam that overlooks the Marina at the Coconut Grove in Miami Florida
and the weather looks to be getting extremely ferocious..! :shock: 

I do do hope you are all safe

John. 

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
The good news this morning is, the storm seems to be heading up the west coast of Florida. We'll still get horrible weather, but it won't be as bad as the people in Naples, Ft. Myers or Captiva will get.

BTW - Just to keep the thread more or less on topic, I may move these past few posts about Hurricane Irma to my Thank You thread under General...

And thanks again for the love everyone has shown as we face this mess. It just shows what a spectacular bunch of friends I've found here.

The people who make Miszuno equipment should be proud of the quality they build into their equipment, but they might also be very proud of the quality of people that have gathered here in their forum.

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
Driver
Couldn't resist the look of the new CLK hybrids. 2 ordered and now awaiting delivery.

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
Just picked up the new BRD 4 Carry Bag. First impressions are really good. well made, nice setup and some great touches.

There is a little scorecard pouch on the small pocket on the side you carry on, really useful as I always drop my card out of my pocket when walking, would also fit a phone nicely. The magnetic closure has a nice snap shut and seems to be good. Very light as well.

If people are interested I can post a more detailed review.

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
Driver
And I've just collected the CLK hybrids within 2 days of ordering. Excellent service, Mizuno.

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
Received my BR-DRI BAG today. First impressions are pretty good. Only weighs 1.9 kg, so doesn't feel too heavy when full. Plenty of space although I didn't have any waterproofs in there today. Comfortable to carry but my only gripe would be a little more padding in the straps and a tackler surface where it sits on the shoulders.  Has a tendency to slip a little when walking.Also the 2 strap harness is sewn into the bag , so no chance of swapping it out for anything else. I really liked the harness on my old twister  bag. Just need to find out if its waterproof now?

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
chrism_s said:
Just picked up the new BRD 4 Carry Bag. First impressions are really good. well made, nice setup and some great touches.

There is a little scorecard pouch on the small pocket on the side you carry on, really useful as I always drop my card out of my pocket when walking, would also fit a phone nicely. The magnetic closure has a nice snap shut and seems to be good. Very light as well.

If people are interested I can post a more detailed review.
Sure its a scorecard pocket because mine has a bottle holder where your suggesting?

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Wife has kindly paid for a 2017 Mizuno Breath Thermo 1/2 zip top.Late birthday present!

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Hunley Hotel & Golf Club, North Yorkshire
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
Just ordered the new Mizuno Red Hot Chilli Pepper Gilet!

No doubt Bubba will also be purchasing, because he has great dress sense too :up:

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
JPX 900 19deg Hybrid, Fujikura Pro 75 stiff shaft.

£99 from American Golf :)

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
hursty said:

Will be advertised on the Mizuno Buy & Sell page shortly!! Haha

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
Driver
RobB2 said:
hursty said:

Will be advertised on the Mizuno Buy & Sell page shortly!! Haha
Not after yesterdays range session it wont!!

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Hunley Hotel & Golf Club, North Yorkshire
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
Just ordered a set of MP18 SC.

Went to try, thinking if anything that I may end up with the MMC in the AMT shaft and came out ordering SC with the Project X LZ (Steel).  Felt a lot better than the standard Project X shaft and better results.

Hopefully see them next week!  :)

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
Driver
Celtic_Bil said:
Just ordered a set of MP18 SC.

Went to try, thinking if anything that I may end up with the MMC in the AMT shaft and came out ordering SC with the Project X LZ (Steel).  Felt a lot better than the standard Project X shaft and better results.

Hopefully see them next week!  :)
Lol!!!

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Whoops, I just agreed to buy a 4-PW set of 2014 JPX Ez Forgeds. I really liked them years ago when I demoed them and thought the head is right on the edge of what I can look at with the dark finish making them look slightly slimmer.

They have XP 105 S300 shafts which don't really fit me on a good day but they might be good clubs for spring and autumn when the swing isn't quite there.

Now, do I sell the beat-up MP-32s or buy another bag to store them in? :D

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
It depends... Do you think you'll ever use them again? If you sell them, maybe you can buy yourself something nice to go with your current setup.

On the other hand, let me play devil's advocate to my own response...

I have the same Toney Penna Ironmaster putter I bought around 1963. When my putting infuriates me, I pull out that putter to use for a round or two. It makes me concentrate a lot more to use it well and when I get my stroke back, I quietly tell it thank you and stick it back in the closet.

Maybe those beautiful old MP-32s could do the same for you one day when you need to work hard to get your swing back.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
DennisMiller said:
It depends... Do you think you'll ever use them again? If you sell them, maybe you can buy yourself something nice to go with your current setup.

On the other hand, let me play devil's advocate to my own response...

I have the same Toney Penna Ironmaster putter I bought around 1963. When my putting infuriates me, I pull out that putter to use for a round or two. It makes me concentrate a lot more to use it well and when I get my stroke back, I quietly tell it thank you and stick it back in the closet.

Maybe those beautiful old MP-32s could do the same for you one day when you need to work hard to get your swing back.
The MP-4s will still be my gamers from June through September. Unless of course the EZ Forged really blow my mind away. I just don't want to use the 4s in the spring when I spend a lot of time on the range warming up for the season and then in April and May on fairways that have more sand than grass. The 32s beat the Ping i20s as the back up last spring but we'll see which one comes out on top next year. :)

I do hope I like the EZs out on the course. Then I would have the two perfect sets - the most beautiful, best-feeling, clubs out there in MP-4s (with which I've also shot my best scores) and a GI set I really like to look at as a second option.

Top Bottom