tcoulter

HCP
Local club/country
Ruggles Ferry Golf course United States
Irons
Mizuno mp32 3-pw
Driver
Titleist 915 d2 Fujikura speeder 661 stiff
Hello, first post to the forum....I am a Mizuno iron convert from Titleist...I have been playing Mizuno irons for 4 years. I bought a mint/new in box set MP29 final edition irons yesterday along with a mint Scotty Cameron putter from an estate sale....unbelievable find in the condition they are in....Tim

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Call quality isn't your problem, compare your life handicap starting with "Spent 4 days camping outside an Apple shop to spend £1000 on the new iPhone."
You know I might have been sarcastic with my post...

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Varry Hardon said:
Call quality isn't your problem, compare your life handicap starting with "Spent 4 days camping outside an Apple shop to spend £1000 on the new iPhone."
It’s slash, he/she is allowed a certain leeway for surrealist points :)

martynewts

HCP
Local club/country
mill green
Irons
jpx 850 forged 5 to pw kbs reg 1 degree upright
Driver
Jpx ez driver 10.5 stock reg jpx ez 3 wood stock shaft reg jpx 800 5 wood stock reg shaft
Have just seen the new cobra f8 irons, I must say they are at a very competitive price in the current market, seeing as they come full loaded with the arcoss system. They could be very tempting indeed 

martynewts 

drunkenmunky

HCP
Local club/country
http;//www.broadstonegolfclub.com
Irons
JPX 923 Forged 5-Pw UST recoil ESX shafts
Driver
Ping G430
Just picked up a brand new custom fitted Taylormade M2 driver for £197, gonna retire the old Ping G2!

slash

HCP
ear2ear
Local club/country
Canada
Irons
MP64 & MP R
Driver
™ SuperTri v2
Bonobobananas said:
Varry Hardon said:
It’s slash, he/she is allowed a certain leeway for surrealist points :)
You are right, got me.

No one would spend 4 days in line for a phone, whose just released and more expensive offerings have specifications that are less than current competition offerings and cost more than the more fully featured and higher performing devices.  If pple devices were drivers and batteries or call quality were distance pple devices would not be selling, period.

pple devices may claim they are in the smartphone category, but, the buyers of those devices certainly prove smart is subjective and usually indicates buyers with more money than common sense buying a phone for status not performance!

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Halebopp said:
Someone please buy this before I do! I do not need another putter. :D

http://www.golfbidder.com/fi/product/79 ... _BC-1.html
I'm a massive Mizuno Hoe, BUT, can anyone please tell me the appeal of Mizuno putters as everyone I've tried have been awful compared to the Odyssey or Scotty Cameron that I've gamed.

I've tried to get a purely Mizuno bag before but putter wise I'm sorry to say Mizuno have fallen short of my requirements.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
hursty said:
Halebopp said:
Someone please buy this before I do! I do not need another putter. :D

http://www.golfbidder.com/fi/product/79 ... _BC-1.html
I'm a massive Mizuno Hoe, BUT, can anyone please tell me the appeal of Mizuno putters as everyone I've tried have been awful compared to the Odyssey or Scotty Cameron that I've gamed.

I've tried to get a purely Mizuno bag before but putter wise I'm sorry to say Mizuno have fallen short of my requirements.
Have you tried the Mizuno Camerons? :D

Personally, I've never liked the feel of Camerons, every time I try one,  hear this "click" sound and the putter feels a bit harsh. Ping putters make that Ping sound, which I don't find very reassuring for whatever reason. It makes me believe I'd need to hit that exact spot to get the sound and if I miss it, the ball's going nowhere. That probably has no truth to it but that's the feeling I get every time I hear the ping sound.

I played one round with a demo Odyssey this year when I forgot my own putter(s) at home. I have to say it did feel softer than my BC but the ball would simply rocket off the face. I missed a lot of putts on the high side as the ball would simply run through the breaks at an unexpected speed. If I got used to it, it might actually work quite well with the only worry being faster putts downhill or on faster greens.

Interestingly enough, the one putter I do regret selling was a TM Rossa Monte Carlo. I remember liking it but then the pro shop got one of those Ping putting analyzers and according to it I should play a toe-hang putter and it was face-balanced. I wouldn't dare to buy any of the newer TM putters due to fearing the paint will chip away (the same thing goes for white Odysseys too).

All in all, I like the BC and having demoed all kinds of putters over the years, I haven't found one that would be clearly better, feel or results wise. It still comes down to reading the green correctly, getting the line right and making a good stroke.

Oh, I almost forgot, Miura putters are the best-feeling putters I've come across!

Fluffywan

HCP
Local club/country
Chobham GC, Surrey
Irons
MP-T5 (KBS T, s, 53° and 57°), MP-H5 2i, 4i, 5i (KBS T, s), JPX-900f 7-GW (KBS T, s), X-Act tank
Driver
JPX EZ 3wd (14°), Fujikora 6 (s), Cobra F7 (10.5°), ProjextX HZRDUS Black 75
Thanks to Paul and his man I now have a lovely shiny brand new MP-H4 3 iron.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Fluffywan said:
Thanks to Paul and his man I now have a lovely shiny brand new MP-H4 3 iron.
I bought one of them at beginning of year. It’s my go to club! Brilliant piece of kit and great value

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Buying some big boy trousers to go with the MP5 3 iron I've just bought!!!

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
Sun Mountain H2NO 14way superlite stand bag. Got a Black Friday bargain at American Golf in Derby. The bag had been reduced from £199.99 to £159.99 and then was 50% off for in store purchases only!!! So paid £80!!!! UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
slash said:
pple devices may claim they are in the smartphone category, but, the buyers of those devices certainly prove smart is subjective and usually indicates buyers with more money than common sense buying a phone for status not performance!
Apple get the phone networks to provide the credit for buying the device over 24 months.

Expensive (overpriced) devices and Apple does not need to provide the credit. Genius.

I just bought a Huawei phone last week. Best phone I've ever had.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
New Ouul lightweight stand/carry bag. Not playing this weekend but looking forward to trying it own next Friday.

martynewts

HCP
Local club/country
mill green
Irons
jpx 850 forged 5 to pw kbs reg 1 degree upright
Driver
Jpx ez driver 10.5 stock reg jpx ez 3 wood stock shaft reg jpx 800 5 wood stock reg shaft
Jpx 900 driver looks like will be going on the bay of e, can’t get to grips with it, and the fact it just feels like it setting up well left doesn’t help 

martynewts 

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
New driver shaft.Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Dual Core Silver 60 g Stiff.Looking for a little more launch? At 66g it's 10g lighter than current shaft but it's 4.4 torque compared to 3.1.Maybe a little soft in the tip but we will see?

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
RobB2 said:
New driver shaft.Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Dual Core Silver 60 g Stiff.Looking for a little more launch? At 66g it's 10g lighter than current shaft but it's 4.4 torque compared to 3.1.Maybe a little soft in the tip but we will see?
I used to use that shaft in a Nike Covert 2.0. Even for a stiff you need around 105mph of driver swing speed to get the shaft kicking and releasing at the right point. Lovely feedback and feel from it though and I think its as good as some super premium shafts out there (e.g. Kiyoshi, Rombax, Tensei CK)

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
If it's as good as the Rombax then i'll be happy.Had that in a Callaway a few yrs ago and possibly the best shaft i've ever hit.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Some bubblegum pink Volvik S3 balls :shock:

Liking them after one round..

Top Bottom