db.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Mizuno MP62 4-PW, Mizuno MP T5 52, 58 wedges
Driver
Ping G30 / Titleist 913 D2
Who's bright idea was it to stage the Ryder cup in the wettest place on earth? we have had no rain in southern England, never again should it be in Wales, they had their chance.

Absolutely gutted it is finishing tomorrow, I am going to miss it now.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Blame the US PGA!! It's their fault for pushing the Ryder Cup into October due to the FedEx cup playoffs!!

Something needs to be done about this!! There is a gap in the FedEx play-offs around a month earlier - so we need to see if we can fit the Ryder Cup in then???

Anyway - It NEEDS sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!

HCP
Local club/country
London
Irons
STOP PRESS!! Now MP 63 3-PW!!! Calloway Jaws 52 and 58. Taylor made kia ma daytona
Driver
Taylor made r7 TP 8.5
Its so disappointing isn't it.
Ironic too, that we all say the big deal here is that the players play for nothing, yet £20m got the event to Celtic Manor - so why don't the organisers organise for nothing too??
So it can't be in the UK in October it seems, if we knew that then they did too.
A shame.

db.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Great day for the Europeans.

db.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Lee Westwood v Steve Stricker
Rory McIlroy v Stewart Cink
Luke Donald v Jim Furyk
Martin Kaymer v Dustin Johnson
Ian Poulter v Matt Kuchar
Ross Fisher v Jeff Overton
Miguel Angel Jimenez v Bubba Watson
Francesco Molinari v Tiger Woods
Edoardo Molinari v Rickie Fowler
Peter Hanson v Phil Mickelson
Padraig Harrington v Zach Johnson
Graeme McDowell v Hunter Mahan

Dave Lyall

HCP
Local club/country
Kirriemuir Golf Club, Scotland
Irons
Mizuno MP30 3-Pw, Black Ox Wedges,52,54 & 56, Titleist 985 19 Stiff Hybrid,Cleveland Hi Bore 17 Stiff Hybrid
Driver
Titleist 909D2,9.5 Degree, Stiff Aldila Voodoo Shaft
Deemac has got this spot on ,blame the US PGA making sure they accomodate the Fedex thus shoving the Ryder Cup back a couple of weeks.
As far as today's play goes though,that was brilliant tv viewing,had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish.
Luke Donald is in brilliant form and partnering him with Westie always looked pretty much invincible.
To say that Luke is a great iron player is an understatement but yesterday's 3 wood out of the cabbage was absolute class.
Francesco Molinari however is a close second to Luke here but couldn't buy a putt,until the last today. Delighted he got that one so he might just have a bit of self belief going into the singles tomorrow.Congrats to the whole team for digging in with the dogged determination which I am sure will have the champagne corks popping.
I was always sure Monty would be an inspirational captain but his and his team's efforts have surpassed how good I thought they would be.
Having Garcia there must really get a fire in their belly and then the clever appointment of Olly once the new format came about was a great move so every team had an experienced and winning pair of eyes with them all the way.
The revelation by Monty yesterday that he had motivational tapes playing in the team room so the players could see their greatest moments and recreate the "I AM A GREAT PLAYER" emotion to me was a master stroke and it certainly seemed to carry through into the last session as 5 1/2 to 1/2 would seem to suggest.
Well geezers I could ramble on but to finish I would like to say that the addition of Paul Lawrie in the Sky Commentary team is the best move they have made in yonks. Knowledgable,intelligent and giving credit where it is due is to me what that job should entail,and, for me Paul has got the lot !
All that's left for me to do now is set the Sky + to record,spend the day at work avoiding all media contact, and ,anyone who has any ideas how the singles are going,drive home 20 miles with radio silence,lock the wife and kids in the spare room,crack open the last couple of tinnies that I possess and hit that TV button and pretend it's Sunday.
COME ON MONTY AND THE LADS !! YOU CAN DO IT !!!!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Great Post Dave!!!

dave_giz

HCP
Increasing
Local club/country
None curently
Irons
MP18 SC's along with MP S-18 wedges 52 & 58.
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 driver and 3 wood.
Dave Lyall said:
The revelation by Monty yesterday that he had motivational tapes playing in the team room so the players could see their greatest moments and recreate the "I AM A GREAT PLAYER" emotion to me was a master stroke
I tried to do that for myself but there were so few moments of greatness I could have saved it as a .gif

Wedgenut

HCP
Scr
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-63BNI 4-PW Monaco X T-11BNI 50/54/58 Spinner W
Driver
MP-630 10.5 Project X 6B7 JPX800 15 RIP Beta 70S
Ok, who fancies predicting the singles results??
Me first then.

Lee Westwood v Steve Stricker Euro win 2&1
Rory McIlroy v Stewart Cink US win 1up
Luke Donald v Jim Furyk Euro win 1up
Martin Kaymer v Dustin Johnson US Win 2&1
Ian Poulter v Matt Kuchar Euro win 3&2
Ross Fisher v Jeff Overton Euro win 1up
Miguel Angel Jimenez v Bubba Euro win 1up
Francesco Molinari v Tiger Woods US win 3&2
Edoardo Molinari v Rickie Fowler US win 2up
Peter Hanson v Phil Mickelson US win 3&2
Padraig Harrington v Zach Johnson Euro win 2&1
Graeme McDowell v Hunter Mahan Euro win 1up

Europe to win the singles 7-5.

Come on lads.

ChuckD

HCP
Local club/country
Sydney
Irons
MP59 KBS Tour, MP T4 50, MP-T10 54, MP-T 58
Driver
Callaway Octane Tour 9.5 ProLaunch Red Xstiff
Overton might be a flag barer for Mizuno, but my god the guy is slower than a wet week. I have never seen someone over analyse every putt from every angle and they seem to think that they need to take 10 times longer to do so because its the Ryder cup. Stick to your routines, and get on with it....

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
unbeatenthisyear said:
COMPETITION ENTRIES

With 4 minutes to the first shot being struck, here are the predictions so far -

UTY: EU 15-13
Seve44: EU 16.5 - 11.5
db: EU 16 - 12
btfc: EU 27 - 1 (!)
hcarvalho: EU 15.5 - 12.5
Nooner: EU 14.5 - 13.5
Deemac: EU 17 - 11
flibodob: EU 18-10
BigPete: EU 15 - 13

Good Luck!

Looks like Nooner got it spot on - I was half a point off - if only Rickie Fowler hadn't remembered how to put just when it mattered....

db.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Luke was absolutely sensational, the best player from either team. He won 3 points from 4, the only game he lost he was carrying Harrington around on his back all day, the guy never even contributed a half to the game, Luke did well to take it as far as he did. All credit to Luke for his play over the 4 days, he hit so many quality shots. 6 from 6 in foursomes, awesome.

From a Mizuno standpoint, Overton played well, although I am not too keen on him. His fist pumping and whooping got a bit out of hand at times, plus his hissy fits when a putt doesn't drop does him no favours with fans.

Well done Europe, it was a great battle. USA won 3 out of the 4 sessions and still lost.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Well, my nerves have only just calmed down!

It was close - too close, but the boys did it!! And Luke was one of the great stars of the show!!!

Well done!!!

Nooner

Local club/country
Spain
Woohoo!! Just finished watching it on Sky+ and gotta say I love Ricky Fowler ;)

One of the classic Ryder Cups; Luke was the best player overall and special mentions to the likes of Westwood, Overton and young Fowler, as well as the unsung hero Jimenez.

EDIT: Can't believe I didn't mention Poulter, tremendous! Had to be after that interview this morning too.

All's well that ends well but it has to be said that the Europeans have probably underperformed slightly and had we lost Monty would have received some stick. That doesn't matter though and the whole tournament has been superb.

Now, is that slip over a large? ;)

Markc

HCP
Local club/country
Doneraile Golf Club, Ireland
Irons
L/HMizuno MP-60 3-pw r300 shafts, MPT-10 Lob wedge,
Driver
Mizuno mx-560 9.5 graphite stiff
Well done to europe, very close at the end. Luke played great throughout the ryder cup also lee westwood and ian poulter.

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto
What an outcome and what an amazing finish! Missed it on TV yesterday as was travelling but caught the end on the radio in our rental car going up to St Andrews and nearly crashed!

Well done to Nooner for getting the result spot on. Fowler's amazing finish pinched the prize from BigPete and myself! Nooner, please send me a Private Message with your size and a shipping address and I'll get your team slipover out to you. Or if you'll be at Castellon or Valderrama please feel free to pop on the truck and collect it!

Well done to Monty, his team and all the back up staff. Commiserations to Pavin and his team who put up an incredible fight. As for our guys, Jeff played great and a lot better than the British press expected. Jeff's a top guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and he added a lot to the match. Luke was like a machine and must be delighted with the way he played. Johnny Miller described him on the US coverage as the best iron player in the world and that would be hard to disagree with.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Overton and Donald are like Fire and Ice. But wouldn't have been the same event without either of them.

Attachments

db.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
I don't remember Luke straying off the short stuff

Top Bottom