unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto
.... in a valley with a river running through it! Play just suspended, nowhere to take relief from the casual water on the fairways.

It has to be played later in the year now because of the Fedex Cup. 2014 in Scotland - could be worse than this!! Difficult to find anywhere in Europe this time of year with decent weather guaranteed - remember Valderrama 1997!!

Nooner

Local club/country
Spain
unbeatenthisyear said:
.... in a valley with a river running through it! Play just suspended, nowhere to take relief from the casual water on the fairways.

It has to be played later in the year now because of the Fedex Cup. 2014 in Scotland - could be worse than this!! Difficult to find anywhere in Europe this time of year with decent weather guaranteed - remember Valderrama 1997!!
Clear blue sky and a cool 27 degrees here in beautiful Valencia ;)

Draghook

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX-800 Pro
Driver
mp-630
The US team have all gone to buy new waterproofs from the merchandise tent. Do you keep Mizuno rain gear on the workshop? Maybe Mr Pavin will be over to see you if you're the only workshop still there.

dave_giz

HCP
Increasing
Local club/country
None curently
Irons
MP18 SC's along with MP S-18 wedges 52 & 58.
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 driver and 3 wood.
Martin Kaymer, when asked what they are all doing during the rain break, said "Luke Donald is upstairs playing with himself". Luckily he was talking about his avatar on Tiger Woods 2010 on playstation

db.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Mizuno MP62 4-PW, Mizuno MP T5 52, 58 wedges
Driver
Ping G30 / Titleist 913 D2
dave_giz said:
Martin Kaymer, when asked what they are all doing during the rain break, said "Luke Donald is upstairs playing with himself". Luckily he was talking about his avatar on Tiger Woods 2010 on playstation
I laughed at that too.

Can't believe the weather, had today off work especially! Gutted. :-(

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto
All the players are in the clubhouse either reading, sleeping, eating, tweeting or PS3'ing.

Huge amount of rain, rivers running down the fairways. Just eased up a little bit in the last 5 minutes but will take a while to get the course playable even if the rain stopped now. Looking almost certain it will go into Monday now.

We'll leave here on Sunday night whatever happens as we have to get the workshop to St Andrews for the Dunhill.

Nooner - I would rather be at El Saler right now!

hvcarvalho

HCP
Local club/country
www.xiragolfe.pt
Irons
Mizuno, JPX 825 2h&3h + MX-300 4-P + MP-T10
Driver
Mizuno MP 630 FT 10,5ª Fubuki Reg
The Portuguese weather is waiting for you guys in 2 weeks!

And maybe in 2018 the Ryder Cup can have some good weather as, at least, in Portugal and Spain there is some good weather by this time of the year.

Hopefully it will be in Portugal!!! ;)

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
C'mon UTY, that's a bit unfair - The sun is shining in Glasgow right now - so bring on the 2014 in Gleneagles!!

Shame about the delay though - everybody wanted to see it go smoothly, but EU has certainly made a sprightly start, so I hope it continues!

C'mon EU!!!

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto
It's incredible that they're out there again - really thought there was no way that would ever have been possible earlier.

Had 2 former Ryder Cuppers in today - Gordon Brand Jnr and Costantino Rocca. Both still use our equipment on the Senior Tour, Jnr ordered a set of 63s and Tino wanted some new wedges to go with his 58s. Jnr's doing commentary for RC radio and Tino is here "on holiday"!

Had plenty of requests for waterproofs and umbrellas, as you'd expect, but not too much else has happened today. Just pleased to see a few more shots being played now.

Deemac, the sun maybe out where you are now but it wasn't back in July at St Andrews!

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
I see Jeff Overton has been into the truck and nicked the lampshade

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
unbeatenthisyear said:
Deemac, the sun maybe out where you are now but it wasn't back in July at St Andrews!
Fair comment!! ;-)

BTW, UTY - where do you park the van at the Dunhill seeing as there are three courses in play???

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Very tight session of golf!! I don't know if I can stand 3-days of this!! I reckon the Americans got the better of us today. Kaymer was missing early on, but came back strong and contributed well!! Luke played some cracking stuff and is keeping that match alive. Rory seems to be missing in action a wee bit though.

It's wierd to see golf being soooooo competative though - don't you think??

db.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Mizuno MP62 4-PW, Mizuno MP T5 52, 58 wedges
Driver
Ping G30 / Titleist 913 D2
I agree, the Americans edged it today. The way they came back from this mornings play was impressive. Overton and Donald played nicely. Cink putted like the thing was on rails.

Long way to go, and I am still confident, especially as everybody has to play foresomes with the adjusted format. We have straighter drivers of the ball and foresomes takes no prisoners.

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto
The sun is trying to come out! Forecast suggests we should get a full day of play. The course has held up really well considering the amount of rain we've had. Inside the ropes it's playing well but outside the ropes it's thick mud, if you're coming bring your wellies!

Not quite sure why they're not off until 8am today (yesterday they started at 07.45) when they're pushed for time. Interesting reschedule for today with 6 Foursomes being played at the same time (starting at 10.45) - means no rest for any of them.

Deemac, we're based at St Andrews next week for the Dunhill. Will only be there for the Tue and Wed as have to get the truck down to Portugal for the following week which takes about 4 days!

Put the kettle on Ricky...

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
So it's the return of the Macs in Kuch 'n Cink drama?

Aww c'mon - I've been working on that all morning :)

seve44

HCP
Local club/country
Denmark
Irons
MP 63 4-pw ProX 6,5 MPT-11 52 ProX 6,0 58+64 DG Spinner+
Driver
JPX 800 Driver w/ Diamana Ahina 70X, Jpx 800 3w w/Diamana Ahina 80X, Jpx 800 3H w/Oban Devotion 85X
Nice finish to the day..

Look like Luke & Westwood is showing Tiger & Stricker how a foursome is played;-)

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Westwood and Luke are on FIRE!!!!!!!!!

Luke is playing some FANTASTIC golf. That wood out of the rough onto the green was simply awesome, and his bunker play is sublime.

The past 6 months is probably the best form I have ever seen Luke in!!

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto
Well, a Monday finish is it then. No play until at least noon today with an announcement at 11. Serious rain this morning, wipers on full speed on the way here. The car park we're in is closed today as it would better suit a mud wrestling event! We had to be pushed out last night.

Excellent last hour or 2 yesterday for the Europeans. Luke playing some of the best golf I've ever seen him play. Must be one of the best (if not, the best)iron players in the world now, and rolling in a few putts at the same time always helps.

I think the Americans held the advantage over the first few matches just by holing more putts - Overton and Striker hardly missed. Last night it was the Europeans turn and Molinari chipping in was the icing on the cake for them. It's amazing how the momentum changes between the sides every 2-3 hours of play.

Still a lot of golf to be played and we're probably going to miss the end as we'll be travelling up to St Andrews - how annoying is that?!!!

Attachments

Nooner

Local club/country
Spain
Luke is playing out of his skin and Westwood is probably the form player in the world at the moment. Luke has to be the best bunker player in the world, truly fantastic.

Top Bottom