thats the sound of my gob closing!!!

Dutch

HCP
Local club/country
Kenilworth GC, Warwickshire
Irons
MP59 PX5.5/ 4-PW, MPT-11 52/7 & 58/10, putter -SC Del Mar
Driver
Titleist 910D2 / 10.5 Diamana Kai'li R, 3W 910Fd / Kai'li S , Rescues 910 19/ Kai'li S & MP CLK 23 Fubuki S
NO RED JUMPERS - really?

OK - but I am not wearing that lilac number!

Happy to go wherever as long as i don't have to drive too long. Have to say i thought Brampton was very good last year - would be nice if a few of us needing hotels had a couple (?) of beers evening before. Just an idea.

Dutch

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
I'm happy to go wherever the majority want to go. I think we need to vote on the various options. 1. Brampton 2. Shaw Hill 3. Fleetwood..combined with the Open trip in July

Guess it depends on when we want to hold the event and how far people want tp travel. Personally my choice would be to stay overnight wherever we decide to go.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
I'm certainly of the opinion that something in April or May is a better option. Those of us playing regular club golf are just starting to get to the meaty part of the season at the end of May, so availability drops off a bit because of that. We are also more likely to be able to get tee times on a Saturday before the season gets into full summer mode.

Summertime is not an easy option for those of us with family holidays etc. For that reason I'll certainly not be able to consider anything around The Open.

We went in May this past spring and it was ideal, it didn't clash with English Bank holiday weekends and it seemed to avoid clashes with the various Scottish local holidays. ( we don't do all encompassing bank holidays up here :( )

Just my thoughts :)

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Heard back from Brampton today and they are willing to offer the same deal as last year which was:

1 Round of golf followed by a 2-course meal for £42 per head!

They have suggested 19th or 26th May so far.

I'm waiting for Silloth to get back to me, but as Dutch said...Brampton did well by us last year and made us VERY welcome - I like giving repeat business to people who give good service.

Will keep you all posted...

D.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Works for me - was a ood interesting course and a nice welcome like you said.

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
Deemac said:
Heard back from Brampton today and they are willing to offer the same deal as last year which was:

1 Round of golf followed by a 2-course meal for £42 per head!

They have suggested 19th or 26th May so far.

I'm waiting for Silloth to get back to me, but as Dutch said...Brampton did well by us last year and made us VERY welcome - I like giving repeat business to people who give good service.

Will keep you all posted...

D.
Happy enough with that. Are those Saturday dates D?

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff

wally

HCP
Local club/country
Caldwell Golf Club
Irons
MIZUNO MX300
If the forum decides that the service was good at Brampton last year and want to return. How many would be staying over?

I personally would be up for travelling Friday afternoon, 9 holes after a spot of dinner and then a few beers and chat.

skindemrock

HCP
Local club/country
Lanark Golf Club, Scotand
Irons
MP Fli Hi 2, 3 & 4 irons, Mizuno JPX 800 pro 5 - PW, T4 wedges 50 & 56deg
Driver
Titleist 913 D2 8.5deg, Taylormade RBZ 3 wood, YES Callie putter white
Reading this thread: DeeMac's original proposal for a day north of the border at the home of golf, it seems like many good things Scottish they end up south of the border. Not through choice I add. I missed Brampton last year as was moving house. Count me in this time date depending. Silloth well worth the extra half hour I assure you. Consider Southerness if you really want a true scottish links test as long as there's at least a slight breeze.

:: DeeMac we'll get a game in the spring as it didnt happen last year.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
I played Southerness last year twice (both windy) and still have nightmares despite winning my division in one of them. Let's just say the CSS was 7 over par both times.

I'd definitely be up for there or Silloth but I reckon the price might be a bit higher for both.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Soutjerness contravenes the Geneva Convention on the treatment of surrendered combatants ! It takes no prisoners... even on a flat calm day.

;)

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
DCB said:
Soutjerness contravenes the Geneva Convention on the treatment of surrendered combatants ! It takes no prisoners... even on a flat calm day.

;)
Plus it has an easy solution to the rangefinder quibbles - no measuring devices at all in comps - no gps no laser - nothing. 150 markers only and experienced eyes m'lad.

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
wally said:
If the forum decides that the service was good at Brampton last year and want to return. How many would be staying over?

I personally would be up for travelling Friday afternoon, 9 holes after a spot of dinner and then a few beers and chat.
I would prefer to do this as well. Does anyone have any info on B & B's in the area?

One Putt

HCP
Local club/country
Northumberland
Irons
Mp53 3-5 Mp63 6-pw Dg x100 MpR12 50,56,60 Dg x100
Driver
910 D3 9.5 Project X Tour Issue 7A3 JPX 3 wood Fujikura rombax 7Z08 X MP T-101
Hi there, new to the forum but been a big Mizuno fan for years having used mp33's 32's 37's 58+68 combo and now with the 53/63 combo. I'd certainly be interested in this northern meet with you guys, wether its at Brampton or further afield.

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
;)[/quote]

Plus it has an easy solution to the rangefinder quibbles - no measuring devices at all in comps - no gps no laser - nothing. 150 markers only and experienced eyes m'lad.[/quote]

Not even yardage books BigPete?

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
I've checked out the local B & B's in Brampton and the best of the bunch looks like the Howard Arms. You are looking at around £35 for bed and breakfast and it looks very cosy. Checkout their website.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
RobB2 said:
BigPete said:
Plus it has an easy solution to the rangefinder quibbles - no measuring devices at all in comps - no gps no laser - nothing. 150 markers only and experienced eyes m'lad.
Not even yardage books BigPete?
Yeah there's a yardage book - but not many landmarks :) I think I counted 3 trees (and they were virtually blown over). Most of the shots aren't your standard "normal" shot anyway. It's all 190 yard nine iron bump and runs or 170 low 3 woods....

SimonS

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.crailgolfingsociety.co.uk/
Irons
Miura PP-9003
Driver
JPX-EX 10.5 reg
Only just seen this.

Count me in again. Anywhere down as far as Preston or Middlesborough. I'd be happy to go back to Brampton again.

Top Bottom