HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Guys,

While we await news from camp Mizuno regarding an official Mizuno Forum Day for 2012...

I was thinking about organising another Northern day!

If you are interested in attending, could you post your name and your location and how far you would be willing to travel?

I'm thinking selfishly here and would love to host an event right here in Bonnie Scotland - The HOME of golf ;-) but I realise that it may be a bit far for some to travel, so if you could let me know how far afield you would be willing to go, that will help arranging a suitable location.

Also thinking about when to host one! This year's outing was May 21st. Thinking that perhaps sometime in May is a good shout?? Your opinion on this would also be welcomed.

Probably plenty of Scottish Based members now to justify a Scottish day - hope to hear from you all soon!!

D.

P.S. The only stipulation this year will be - NO RED JUMPERS!!!

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
im in..

oh, and Glasgow, couple of hours travel in any direction..

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Im interested BUT it would have to be before 1st of May for me as Ive just found out Im off to Afghan for 4 Months in May!

Travelling wise, I live down in Telford but am from the North West (Southport to be exact, LOADS of courses in that area) so anywhere up to about Carlisle way for me.

swingslow

HCP
Local club/country
Congleton, England
I'm with Hursty on the location (NW/Southport/Carlisle area), close to the M6 might be good. Dates I should be around at that time are between 24 April to 12 May inc.

However, no problem with me if others would prefer another venue/date.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
I'd certainly be interested in another wee event somewhere. Whilst it'd be great to be able to have a day up here, somewhere around the border puts it within a couple of hours of so many more people.

May usually a good month for me. Edinburgh based, so somewhere in 2 hrs travel gives a fair bit of scope.

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
I'm pretty sure that Fleetwood GC was mentioned in dispatches a few months back. I'm sure a Forum member is a member there, but cant remember who it was. I'm certainly in agreement with the Southport area. We also discussed the possibility of combining the day with a visit to the Open at Royal Lytham staying over a couple of nights nearby (possibly Blackpool).

Nurburgring151

HCP
Local club/country
www.lingfieldpark.co.uk
Irons
MP-18 3-pw kbs c-taper
Driver
JPX 850 Project X 6.0
i am based near gatwick so as long as its relativly close to an aiport or a hotel i would be happy to travel pretty much anywhere and stay at a hotel for a couple of nights.

wally

HCP
Local club/country
Caldwell Golf Club
Irons
MIZUNO MX300
I missed last year and don't want to miss this 1.

Count me in.

Travelling from Kilmarnock. Would like to travel with others to save a bit on cost. But surely there must be a good course in the Preston area right on the main railway line north and south.

Anyone from west Scotland we can arrange when DEE gets the finer details sorted.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Sorry Guys - Forgot to add...

Could you also give me an indication of how much you would be willing to pay for the following...

Bacon Roll & Tea/Coffee on arrival
1 Round of Golf
2 Course Meal afterwards

This will help in my negotiations with the courses. I have emailed Silloth again (as I did for this year), but they were a bit pricey last time round...

I am pushing for a £50 ceiling on the cost, but your input would be appreciated so that I know how much to push my luck!!

We could always go back to Brampton - they did very well for us this year! Your input and suggestions are welcome...

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Do we want to combine the Open with this event or do 2 separate events?

We're talking about March here and the Open is mid July.

I'd personally suggest a Carlisle - Glasgowish March event and an additional Fleetwood event around Open time. Something for the Scottish lads and the Northern lads.

(Still hoping another Bearwood or similar event may be in the pipeline.... :))

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
This is a Forum Day for April/May time!

In terms of the official Mizuno Day - I have it on good authority that a 2012 event is currently being considered... No promises yet, but being considered!

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
I definitely am up for a Open mini-break at Lytham. Hopefully we can get MPX on board with that one to get some access to the range and Mizuno players. I understand that many of the guys are in Scotland but I'm not sure how near to each other you are. Perhaps a Scottish event could be another seperate one.

Another plan re the being close to the M6 near preston idea, would be Shaw Hill GC and Hotel at whittle-le-Woods near Chorley, They do some really excellent golf society deals and the course and hotel is brilliant. I stayed there for a few days in August.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
Driver
+1 on Shaw Hill,

I currently own a house a few miles from Shaw Hill and they are always offering excellent deals.

Plus as a geeky point, Nick Doughtery was/is associated with there.

Cost wise I think £50 is about right for a society day (all in).

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Deemac said:
Sorry Guys - Forgot to add...

Could you also give me an indication of how much you would be willing to pay for the following...

Bacon Roll & Tea/Coffee on arrival
1 Round of Golf
2 Course Meal afterwards

This will help in my negotiations with the courses. I have emailed Silloth again (as I did for this year), but they were a bit pricey last time round...

I am pushing for a £50 ceiling on the cost, but your input would be appreciated so that I know how much to push my luck!!

We could always go back to Brampton - they did very well for us this year! Your input and suggestions are welcome...
Think you've got is spot on there Deemac. Keep a reasonable ceiling on it to make it attractive to as many as possible. Somewhere in the £45-£55 area would be acceptable.

As for Brampton, they were excellent in their hospitality last year. I'd certainly have no problems going back there. Ideal location, 15 mins from M6, nice course and very nice friendly clubhouse facilities afterwards.

Dave

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
If the consensus of opinion is for Brampton again thats thats fine by me.

However I've just checked out the society deals at Shaw Hill which is also just off the M6. Based on a min of 16 people.

18 holes, bacon butties, tea/coffee and 2 course dinner £35

27 holes, bacon butties, tea/coffee, soup & sandwiches, 2 course dinner £50

For anyone wanting to stay overnight you get dinner, bed and breakfast plus the golf package for £85

Please checkout the Shaw Hill GC website. I think those prices are unbeatable value for money.

wally

HCP
Local club/country
Caldwell Golf Club
Irons
MIZUNO MX300
"I currently own a house a few miles from Shaw Hill and they are always offering excellent deals" HURSTY

Sounds like a big house. How many people are you willing to put up?

Book me in !!!

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
Driver
wally said:
"I currently own a house a few miles from Shaw Hill and they are always offering excellent deals" HURSTY

Book me in !!!

Bugg3r!!!

Really should have read that back before I posted!

You know what i meant Wally!!!!!!!!

sjaclark

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Scotland
Irons
MP-69 KBS X-stiff 3-PW....MP Fli-Hi KBS X-Stiff 18*....MP T-11 53* + 58*
Driver
MP 650 10.5* Project X 6B7, MP650 15* Project X 7B3, MP650 19* hybrid Project X HC1
wally said:

Book me in !!!
Mizuno frat party at Hursty's?!

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
Driver
sjaclark said:
wally said:

Book me in !!!

As much as I'd love to accommodate everyone that intends to go, I dont think that OIC Household would approve!

The house is currently on the market anyway so I might not own it when the day arrives!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
hursty said:
sjaclark said:
wally said:

Book me in !!!

As much as I'd love to accommodate everyone that intends to go, I dont think that OIC Household would approve!

The house is currently on the market anyway so I might not own it when the day arrives!
Mate - When you're in a hole....STOP DIGGING!!! ;-)

Top Bottom