Recommend a great local Mizuno fitting centre

BigP

HCP
Local club/country
Kings Hill GC, Kent
Irons
MP-53 4-PW (soon to be MP-4 7-PW, MP-54 4-6 and 50deg MP-4T)
dieselracer13 said:
Has anyone had experience of Paul Foston at Smarden in Kent or can recommend another good fitter in the Kent area. Would prefer to be hitting out onto a range which I don't think Paul Foston has?

Cheers, Mark
Hi Mark.  Paul has a good reputation as a teacher but I don't know about his fitting facilities.

Shame, last Firday they had a Mizuno fitting day at AGD in Tonbridge - I went and I must give a big thumbs up to Simon who was great.  Next one in Kent is at Sidcup AGD on 4th June.

dieselracer13

HCP
26.1@
Local club/country
Tenterden GC http://www.tenterdengolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
JPX 825 Pro 5-PW / #4 Fli-Hi / MP-T4 50, 56+1, 60
Driver
Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5
BigP said:
dieselracer13 said:
Has anyone had experience of Paul Foston at Smarden in Kent or can recommend another good fitter in the Kent area. Would prefer to be hitting out onto a range which I don't think Paul Foston has?

Cheers, Mark
Hi Mark.  Paul has a good reputation as a teacher but I don't know about his fitting facilities.

Shame, last Firday they had a Mizuno fitting day at AGD in Tonbridge - I went and I must give a big thumbs up to Simon who was great.  Next one in Kent is at Sidcup AGD on 4th June.
BigP,

Thanks for the response, I also went for the Mizuno Demo / Fitting but mine was at Stonelees GC at Ramsgate last Thursday and that was also with Simon. I agree he was excellent and the results were quite surprising, sadly AG kept the specs from my fitting and they only retain them for a couple of weeks.

The wife will be buying these for my 50th later in the summer but probably not through AG. I have emailed Simon through Facebook for a copy but I believe he's employed directly by AG so probably not too much hope there. Looks like I need to go through the process again, hence the query on Paul Foston unless one of the new Mizuno Regional Centres is announced soon for this end of the country, it's just a shame about the National Fitting Centre.

BigP, sorry just noticed it's your first post so welcome to the Forum.

Many thanks

Mark

Pb1of6

HCP
Local club/country
Mossock Hall
Irons
JPX EX forged
Driver
JPX EZ
Another shout for Gareth Benson getting fitted at his Astley golf academy has transformed my ball striking if only this kind of custom fitting was available 20 years ago
http://www.garethbensongolf.com

Local club/country
penrith
Just wanted to say I had a fitting session with Roland Fleming in the NW and he was excellent. To the point, confident, knowledgeable, just very professional. Top man!

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
deepreddave said:
Just wanted to say I had a fitting session with Roland Fleming in the NW and he was excellent. To the point, confident, knowledgeable, just very professional. Top man!
+1 to that, excellent approach when he fitted me last year, recommend anyone to try and visit one of the demo days wherehe is on site.

MJS

HCP
Local club/country
Bondues, France
Hi guys,

My teenage son has fallen in love with the Mizuno range and this has coincided with the need to replace his existing clubs (they were lightweight graphite shafted TM irons).

Can anyone recommend a great MIZUNO fitter with the DNA system in the South of England, in Kent would be ideal. 

I do not want to be just in a simulator/nets so they have to have access to the driving range for the testing.

Price is not the leading issue here as I want someone with a lot of experience and located as close as possible to the Kent area.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Mike

Rayzor

HCP
Local club/country
Uk
As the NFC has closed at Burhill in Surry, some time has since passed, do you have an update regarding your new NFC? Or are there any RFC's of note?

Been holding on for an update but may find myself being tempted away to the dark side ;-)

Please post an update, I am in Essex UK but don't mind traveling for the right fitting and service.

many thanks all

wrinkly_ninja

HCP
Local club/country
Stonelees Golf Centre, www.stonelees.com
Irons
mizuno JPX825 19°hy & mp clk 23°hy. mizuno jpx921 tour dg 120 stiff, Mizuno mp t20 52°&58°
Driver
Taylormade m1 9.5° kurakage x stiff, Titleist 913 3 Wood (C,3)- Diamana S+ Blue (s)
dieselracer13 said:

Cheers, Mark
The guys at north foreland in broadstairs are good. They now have a new fitting studio with gc2 to enhance their fitting experience further.

dieselracer13

HCP
26.1@
Local club/country
Tenterden GC http://www.tenterdengolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
JPX 825 Pro 5-PW / #4 Fli-Hi / MP-T4 50, 56+1, 60
Driver
Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5
wrinkly_ninja said:
dieselracer13 said:

Cheers, Mark
The guys at north foreland in broadstairs are good. They now have a new fitting studio with gc2 to enhance their fitting experience further.
wrinkly_ninja,

Thanks for the heads up on North Foreland. I managed to get my specs from Simon in the end after the demo day at Stonelees, although I've booked myself in again on the 19th July just to check my gapping before making a final decision on what to put in the bag.

Cheers, Mark

Wotsit

HCP
Local club/country
Dummer GC
Irons
MP 54 5 - PW (NS Pro 950)
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900
Rayzor said:
As the NFC has closed at Burhill in Surry, some time has since passed, do you have an update regarding your new NFC? Or are there any RFC's of note?

Been holding on for an update but may find myself being tempted away to the dark side ;-)

Please post an update, I am in Essex UK but don't mind traveling for the right fitting and service.

many thanks all
Will let you know what Bearwood Lakes is like as I have booked a fitting session there soon.

Mike75

Local club/country
Cowdrey
Driver
Mizuno JPX EX RL
Me to, found Burhill great last year and am now having trouble finding someone as good. Purchased a Mizuno JPZ EX Driver (RL) from a South Coast dealer two months ago, unfortunately they didn't have a DNA unit, subsequently I have found that it is just not right and although spending £280 I can hit my old 3 wood further than I can hit the Driver!  Not good so need to be re-fitted by a Mizuno expert who has access to different Mizuno driver shafts as I obviously have the wrong shaft. Need a recommendation of a really good fitter (who has the Mizuno DNA unit) in West Sussex or Surrey please. This is really urgent now.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Jason McNiven in Basingstoke should be less than an hour from you (?)
Paul

Wotsit

HCP
Local club/country
Dummer GC
Irons
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900
Pachesham golf is just off j9 of the m25. From what I remember it is hitting indoors for the fitting using DNA and flight scope/trackman then you can go outside on the range to see what the ball flight is like.

bleaklow

HCP
Local club/country
Wells, United Kingdom
Irons
H4 4 iron, MP54 5-PW with Shimada Tour Lite Stiff, SM4 52,56,60
Driver
XHot 10.5 with Oban Devotion 5 Stiff
Just want to add another +1 for Jason McNiven at Golf Principles after getting fit for a set of irons last week.  I can't believe how much I learnt about heads / shafts / my swing in just a couple of hours.  Although I don't have anything to compare his fitting to, I certainly won't be looking to go anywhere else.

Wotsit

HCP
Local club/country
Dummer GC
Irons
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900
Can recommend Bearwood Lakes as a good place to get fitted. Absolute no pressure whatsoever on buying just a great level of service.

ICEMAN6999

HCP
Local club/country
Old Padeswood GC
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal 6-SW
Driver
Ping G425 Driver
Recommend TWO around North Wales/Chester area, Clays GC in Wrexham also facilities excellent. Foregolf on Sealand Road, on way to Chester where i bought and was fitted for my EZ's excellent fitting centre, gave me £250 for my Pings.

Andy Bubba Burgs

HCP
Local club/country
Sitwell Park GC @ http://sitwellgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour & MP69 4-PW KBS Tour S Vokey 50 52, 56, 60, Evnrol ER2
Driver
Titleist TS3 Driver and 3 Wood Diamana S+ Blue 62 Stiff
ICEMAN6999 said:
Recommend TWO around North Wales/Chester area, Clays GC in Wrexham also facilities excellent. Foregolf on Sealand Road, on way to Chester where i bought and was fitted for my EZ's excellent fitting centre, gave me £250 for my Pings.
You bought some Pings!!!!!!!!;)

Bubba

GraemeJones

HCP
CONGU 3.9
Local club/country
http://www.padeswoodgolfclub.com
Irons
JPX 900 TOUR 5-PW, PX 5.5 shafts Standard length 2 degrees upright Titleist SM6 wedges 52,58 degree TaylorMade Ghost Spider S Putter
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 Driver JPX 825 3Wood MP650 hybrid 22* FLI HI 18* 24*
Andy Bubba Burgs said:
ICEMAN6999 said:

Bubba
He's at that age bubba ;-)

Jonesy

ICEMAN6999

HCP
Local club/country
Old Padeswood GC
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal 6-SW
Driver
Ping G425 Driver
Andy Bubba Burgs said:
ICEMAN6999 said:

Bubba
Yes i apologize unreservedly guys!!

Alex1975

HCP
Local club/country
Aylesbury Vale Golf Club
Irons
Mizuno MP 53 4-PW Project X 5.5
Driver
Titleist 913 D2 - Diamana S+ Stiff
PaulBoy said:
Jason McNiven in Basingstoke should be less than an hour from you (?)
Paul
Off to see Jason next month.... woohoo...

Top Bottom