Bernhard G

HCP
Local club/country
VcG
Irons
MP-5
Driver
JPX 850 / 11.5 / Aldila Tour Blue 65 Stiff
Ordered a MP-20 HMB 3 driving iron with standard specs through a British online outlet. (July 26)
Got it today. (Aug. 22)
Swingweight is C8.1 when it actually should be standard as specified by Mizuno: D2.
Mizuno, you need to get your act together. Your manufacturing quality in Europe (Scotland) is appalling.
Including the club set I had to return recently because the swing weights were off for most of those clubs, my track record with Mizuno orders in 2020 is now this:
6 out of 8 clubs ordered altogether (in two separate orders) were substantially out of spec regarding their swing weight.
Really bad.

Last edited:

Oli

HCP
Local club/country
Ennetsee, Switzerland
Irons
Mizuno MP53 P-4 / H4 2-3 / T5 56 & 52
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850
Hope you gave the supplier your direct feedback (and you might have not received a proper reply, which led you to this post (?)...). Of course this seems not to be good work (if you are right) - but I think it is really a bad habit to put claims in forums like that.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Are you sure you’re measuring the swing weight correctly? And where is your .1 from? Swing weights are in zero decimals....

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
I’ve checked mine using leaderboard.com swing weight calculator.... every club is spot on.....
BEC6F9A1-C9E0-4DD3-B1C4-97092EC2F921.jpeg

Bernhard G

HCP
Local club/country
VcG
Irons
MP-5
Driver
Hope you gave the supplier your direct feedback (and you might have not received a proper reply, which led you to this post (?)...). Of course this seems not to be good work (if you are right) - but I think it is really a bad habit to put claims in forums like that.
Don't understand what you are saying. Yes I gave the supplier the feedback.
Yes I post here. That is what this forum is for. Bad habit is to post useless posts that have no value for anyone...
You mean nobody shall talk publicly about his bad experience? It this a forum in North Korea?

Last edited:

Bernhard G

HCP
Local club/country
VcG
Irons
MP-5
Driver
...And where is your .1 from? Swing weights are in zero decimals....
says who?
For you it's C8. Manufactured four full SW points off by Mizuno.
Happy now?

Look at this picture. It will blow your mind:
D25057WXQAAtXrg.jpg

Last edited:

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Guys keep it clean and stay cool!

clubs can leave factories out of spec, it does and will happen.

Also, Swing Weight Machines should be calibrated twice a year if not once. Its amazing how many guys / outlets don't pay to have their SwingWeight machines calibrated also. An uncalibrated machine will produce out of sync & inconsistent feedback. Bratz certainly knows his stuff, an anorak like me!

I think its great to have feedback from all members, some really useful stuff on here.

Bernhard G

HCP
Local club/country
VcG
Irons
MP-5
Driver
clubs can leave factories out of spec, it does and will happen.

Also, Swing Weight Machines should be calibrated twice a year if not once. Its amazing how many guys / outlets don't pay to have their SwingWeight machines calibrated also. An uncalibrated machine will produce out of sync & inconsistent feedback. ...
Thanks, but it's easy to cross check a SW scale by using an online tool, measuring weight and balance point. Also had a cross check recently against a dealer's SW scale for another club. My SW measurements are correct.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
And the relevance of you post is? Because your clubs are ok, others must be ok too?
why are you so angry with people? I posted that I had checked mine and every club was spot on. You assuaged that all clubs made in Scotland were poorly made to spec. I’m merely pointing out that I have 4 different orders from Cumbernauld and every one is right

Bernhard G

HCP
Local club/country
VcG
Irons
MP-5
Driver
You assuaged that all clubs made in Scotland were poorly made to spec...
No I didn't. I (repeatedly) said that 6 out of 8 clubs were out of spec, substantially. fact. Stop trolling my posts, thank you.

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Driver
No I didn't. I (repeatedly) said that 6 out of 8 clubs were out of spec, substantially. fact. Stop trolling my posts, thank you.
Just a suggestion as you are keen to prove what could be a very valid point. Take your clubs along to a third party and ask them to assess the swing weights of each, that way you have a neutral opinion and can use the results as evidence that your clubs are "out". Sound reasonable?

Bernhard G

HCP
Local club/country
VcG
Irons
MP-5
Driver
Just a suggestion as you are keen to prove what could be a very valid point. Take your clubs along to a third party and ask them to assess the swing weights of each, that way you have a neutral opinion and can use the results as evidence that your clubs are "out". Sound reasonable?
Thanks, but that assessment was already done with two of the clubs. Which is enough to confirm that all my own measurements are correct.

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Driver
Thanks, but that assessment was already done with two of the clubs. Which is enough to confirm that all my own measurements are correct.
With supporting evidence such as that in hard copy form you should contact the firm for response. Keep us all posted how you get on.

Bernhard G

HCP
Local club/country
VcG
Irons
MP-5
Driver
With supporting evidence such as that in hard copy form you should contact the firm for response. Keep us all posted how you get on.
Thanks, but there is no problem with returning the out of spec clubs. That was always accepted by the retailers, the wrong SW was always confirmed.
I‘m posting here to make Mizuno aware, that in my personal experience with them in the last months there is something very much not in order in their quality management in the European factory.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
That’s what I’ve been saying..... this is a Mizuno users forum.... it isn’t a customer services page!!! We are all customers of the brand who love the clubs. You are ranting at the wrong crowd.

Bernhard G

HCP
Local club/country
VcG
Irons
MP-5
Driver
That’s what I’ve been saying..... this is a Mizuno users forum.... it isn’t a customer services page!!! We are all customers of the brand who love the clubs. You are ranting at the wrong crowd.
You are really something...
There is no customer service page!
This is the Mizuno forum.
Jeez...

If Mizuno would start having civilised 21st century PR communications with the people they are happy to take their revenue from, and provide space for that, I would gladly say it there.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
You are really something...
There is no customer service page!
This is the Mizuno forum.
Jeez...

If Mizuno would start having civilised 21st century PR communications with the people they are happy to take their revenue from, and provide space for that, I would gladly say it there.
Bernhard, it’s a users forum. Not a customer services reporting forum. Please respect the other forum users like myself who are using the forum to talk about golf, Mizuno products etc...

Goodbye

Bernhard G

HCP
Local club/country
VcG
Irons
MP-5
Driver
Bernhard, it’s a users forum. Not a customer services reporting forum. Please respect the other forum users like myself who are using the forum to talk about golf, Mizuno products etc...

Goodbye
Where did I not respect them?
YOU are trolling my posts, and YOU try to deflect them into ad hominem attacks.
Ridiculous. YOU show some respect please.
This is not North Korea, we have free speech here.
Get off of my back. You are not the forum police.

It‘s not ONLY a users forum. It‘s a Mizuno forum, there are also Mizuno admins posting here.
It is also for exchange between customers and Mizuno, particularly since Mizuno has NO OTHER OPEN DOOR for customer feedback. (unlike most regular companies)

Last edited:

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Driver
Where did I not respect them?
YOU are trolling my posts, and YOU try to deflect them into ad hominem attacks.
Ridiculous. YOU show some respect please.
This is not North Korea, we have free speech here.
Get off of my back. You are not the forum police.

It‘s not ONLY a users forum. It‘s a Mizuno forum, there are also Mizuno admins posting here.
It is also for exchange between customers and Mizuno, particularly since Mizuno has NO OTHER OPEN DOOR for customer feedback. (unlike most regular companies)
Where about are you based Bernhard? Lets us know whats in the bag your favourite Mizuno items, lets get to know you. All the best for the weekend golf guys!

Top Bottom