We Need A Full Report On The Mizuno Golf Day!!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Sounds fantastic!!!

Like Villiers - I'm not jealous at all!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
Deemac said:
Sounds fantastic!!!

Like Villiers - I'm not jealous at all!!!!!!!!!!!
Mizuno have set the benchmark now...awesome next time travel down D... Hope your event goes well to.

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
dave_giz said:
SimonS said:
Villiers1 said:
Looks like Dave-giz may have been using his tree iron for that shot. Lol!!
No, I think that it was a wood ;)
I have all the leading edges on my irons special ground by Gilette to help me hack my way out of the local flora ;-)

If anybody can tell if if the right side of the course was as good as the left side that I frequented on EVERY flippin hole, that would be nice.
Hey dave for christs sake stop reading Ben Hogan's five lessons. He hooked more than Captain Hook in Peter Pan.

rickg

HCP
Local club/country
Aldwickbury Park Hertfordshire
Irons
Mizuno JPX800 pro 4-PW, Rifle 5.5, Vokey 48,52,56 wedges, Nike Method Drone Putter
Driver
TM R11S 10.5 Grafalloy Pro Launch stiff, TM RBZ 3,5 wood & 22 deg Hybrid
dave_giz said:
If anybody can tell if if the right side of the course was as good as the left side that I frequented on EVERY flippin hole, that would be nice.
lol...I thought you were stalking me for the first few holes!!

rickg

HCP
Local club/country
Aldwickbury Park Hertfordshire
Irons
Mizuno JPX800 pro 4-PW, Rifle 5.5, Vokey 48,52,56 wedges, Nike Method Drone Putter
Driver
TM R11S 10.5 Grafalloy Pro Launch stiff, TM RBZ 3,5 wood & 22 deg Hybrid
Some photos:

Tour bus

Our Group: L-R Dave, Rick, Simon, Tim

Dave

The course

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, STG 180 3Wood, JPX 900 Rescue 19 degree , MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree
mjtoal said:
tonytim8 said:
As I've already said, great,great day. Lets remember that Big Pete, Scores need to be forgotten!!!!!! As for the nearest to the pin, it was my pleasure to witness it from a true gentleman, Jim (POR987) He was 3rd of the tee, I was 12ft away, Rich1977 was 10ft away and then Jim dispatched his shot high into the sky landing as you all saw 2ft away. It is what golf is all about, it only takes one shot to completly turn around your mood.
I think it's safe to say....... same time next year
Tony has diplomatically decided not to mention that while they were 10 and 12 feet away, and Jim was poised to despatch his ball to kick-in distance, I was in the H20 after a 7 iron proved to be just enough to carry the water but not enough to get it up the bank too. But it was straight at the flag, to be fair.
Sorry Martin, your right, you hit a lovely shot into the green and was just unlucky. Me, I just closed my eyes and hoped for the best !!!!!

HCP
Local club/country
Coombe Wood GC
Irons
MP-62 3-PW
Man, it was a great day! I normally lurk on this forum more than post since I'm a WRX dude but it was great to put faces to names.

The course was in beautiful nick. You really needed to stay on the short stuff to score well (being 20 feet short of the green in 2 on a long par 5 is all well and good providing it doesn't take you 4 more shots to get down from the snarling rough!) and the wind made it just that bit more 'interesting' ;-)

Mizuno really outdid themselves here. I don't know of any company who has treated their community with such respect and the way they rolled out the red carpet was fantastic. Huge kudos to David M and Sam C at Mizuno and thanks to the rest of the 'blue army' for a great day.

Spinner

HCP
Local club/country
Reading Golf Club
Irons
MP63 3-PW 1 Degree Strong, Shaft True Temper Dynalite Gold XP S300, MP T-11 50-54-58 Degree Wedges, MP CLK Hybrid 17 Degree Fubuki Stiff Shaft. Swing DNA: Speed 80/ Tempo 4/ Toe Down 3/ Kick Angle 4/ Release Factor 6.
Driver
MP 650 9.5 stiff
Would like to say how mutch i enjoyed myself at the mizuno golf day, i didnt have to travel far and those that did i am sure would have thought it was well worth the efort. I have played the course on a couple of occasions in the past so knew we were in for a treat, but the quality for this time of year was amazing not only were the greens very fast and true but the fairways were like the turf at wembley. A big thanks to big dave i mean pete,martin and richard my playing partners for the day, and the mizuno team nothing was to mutch trouble, you made me and im sure every other player feel very welcome. Also helo to tony dave g and rick it was nice to meet you all. Well done Mizuno.

Lloyd [spinner]

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
I'm afraid the Brampton Day is going to be a damp squib in comparison to the Bearwood Lakes Firework display!!!

Ach well... There's always next year!!

But to those who will be at Brampton - let's make it a cracker too!!

D.

meerkat57

HCP
Local club/country
Redhill and Reigate
Irons
Mizuno MP-57
I just wanted to have another opportunity to thank everyone at Mizuno and especially Sam, for arranging the forum golf tournament on Monday. Brilliantly organised, great Course and I am sure I speak for everyone that attended in saying we all had great days golf
Mizuno pulled out all the stops especially with the gift pack for all the players and free tab in the Club House.
Must add that the tops came in very useful, as the weather did turn a bit chilly during the afternoon.

It was also interesting to see the Tour Bus and even better to be able to try out the new JPX Driver. I’m definitely interested Sam………….
The trophy already has taken pride of place on the sideboard

Cheers again Sergio

dave_giz

HCP
Increasing
Local club/country
None curently
Irons
MP18 SC's along with MP S-18 wedges 52 & 58.
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 driver and 3 wood.
I took a few pics but they're too large to get on here and I don't fancy re-sizing them all. Anyone else got any? The pics from the 10th tee might be interesting.

PS: I've stuck them on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/groups/1629084@N24/

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
There are some Mizuno pics coming as well. I think Sam has emailed some out already.

There's a fair bit of re-sizing going on........so please bear with us. Might be a couple more days before Sam has time to put everything up.

Again - thanks for all the great comments. Slightly worried about next year now.

SimonS

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.crailgolfingsociety.co.uk/
Irons
Miura PP-9003
Driver
JPX-EX 10.5 reg
So we now have it confirmed that there will be another one next year!

Form an orderly queue!

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
On the other thread some of the guys who went on the trip are talking about the Mizuno ball coming out here later this year. Can someone please confirm if this is true.

Dutch

HCP
Local club/country
Kenilworth GC, Warwickshire
Irons
MP59 PX5.5/ 4-PW, MPT-11 52/7 & 58/10, putter -SC Del Mar
Driver
Titleist 910D2 / 10.5 Diamana Kai'li R, 3W 910Fd / Kai'li S , Rescues 910 19/ Kai'li S & MP CLK 23 Fubuki S
I think it has been well said by all - it was a glorious day and mizuno were superb and very generous hosts. Both my son and i had a memorable time.

Deemac - the brampton day will be grat to be sure - even if Mizuno can't get people there in person it will still have their spirit and it will be a great chance to meet some of the northern folks who contribute so regularly to the forum. I'm looking forward to it.

My thanks to samfitter & MPX and all the guys at mizuno on Monday - it was brilliant!

Dutch

PinSeek

HCP
Local club/country
Sand Martins, Wokingham
Irons
MP54 4-PW, MP T4 52 & 58 - Project X Rifle.
Driver
TM Superfast Burner TP 9.5, R9 13, Burner TP Rescue 2&3 + Kia Ma.
Villiers.
On the day, one of the Mizuno marketing guys said the ball is already in use in Japan and should be over here in the summer. Haven't got anymore info than that I'm afraid.

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
PinSeek said:
Villiers.
On the day, one of the Mizuno marketing guys said the ball is already in use in Japan and should be over here in the summer. Haven't got anymore info than that I'm afraid.
Thanks Pinseek,

Thats a surprise to me and I'm sure many others. We had a major thread about this a while back, and the conclusion was that Mizuno would NOT be selling the ball in Europe. I wonder if MPX can clear this one up for us?

mattymp62

HCP
Local club/country
Cherwell Edge GC
Irons
MP-62
Looks like a great day had by all, and very well organised, shame I couldn't make it. I have a feeling there will be hundreds next year, maybe there should be some criteria?

I'm thinking forum members from pre 2012, who play MP62 irons! :)

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
We had a good conversation about the ball. Yes - it already exists. No - there still isn't a concrete plan to introduce it in Europe. A patent minefield from what we've been led to believe. However, it's inevitable that it will arrive eventually.

Something for next year's bag?

You're right, we're going to need a tighter entry criteria next year.

Founder Forum Day members?

Top Bottom