We Need A Full Report On The Mizuno Golf Day!!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
So... For those of us who weren't there :-( could someone furnish us with a full report on the day...

D.

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
I have been to a few golf days, but the Mizuno team really pulled out all the stops. I am biased, as a member of Bearwood Lakes, but I think it was a great venue.

The golf started at 1pm, with 8 groups all going off the white tees. Each tee had Mizuno markers, and there was a longest drive and a nearest the pin. One of my playing partners, Jim Symons (POR987) won the nearest the pin with a shot to kick in distance.

Before the golf started, the Mizuno Tour truck was in the car park, so there was a chance to visit it and chat to the Tour van guys, and then to demo the JPX woods on the range. Then there was a nice lunch and a goodie bag with a shirt, top, cap and a copy of Golf International for everyone. So there were a lot of people in Mizuno colours. Did I mention the free bar?

18 holes of stableford singles followed, won with 38 points. The course was playing fair, and was in pretty good condition for early April, although there was a decent breeze blowing, a couple of clubs worth at times, so tricky enough conditions.

After the golf there was another free bar followed by prize giving. I think everybody was very pleased with the day and Mizuno deserve a lot of thanks and congratulations for the day.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Mizuno JPX Pro, KB Tour Stiff , 1/2 longer , 2 deg upright
Driver
Mizuno MX700, Driver + 3 Wood (UST V2) + MX 700 Hybrid
I will echo the above.

I have also been to a few golf events in the past, but Mizuno really made us feel special. Everything was catered for, food, drinks and some nice tops too :)..

The weather held out as well. At times, it was a little windy but can't complain, other than my ball went in the drink on the 14th, nearest the pin!

Looking forward to the next one

Cheers

SimonS

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.crailgolfingsociety.co.uk/
Irons
Miura PP-9003
Driver
JPX-EX 10.5 reg
A few pictures from me.

The practice putting green with the tour truck behind

Ditto

View from the 1st tee towards the 18th green and clubhouse.

Looking dow the 1st

Rick on the 2nd

Tim, also on the 2nd with flying divot!

The par 3 3rd

Dave_giz in the bushes on the 11th with some local wildlife looking on.

Roll on Brampton! Are you putting on a free bar Deemac?

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
Great pics SimonS. The course looks fabulous, and I'm loving those Mizuno tops. Can you feel me and Deemac turning green with envy.

Looks like Dave-giz may have been using his tree iron for that shot. Lol!!

SimonS

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Miura PP-9003
Driver
JPX-EX 10.5 reg
Villiers1 said:
No, I think that it was a wood ;)

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
I'm hoping Mizuno put on more than one per year. Obviuosly the one at Bearwood and a Northern event. That gives me half a chance of attending the next one.

Can anyone let me know which top it is that you guys were sporting?

SimonS

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Miura PP-9003
Driver
JPX-EX 10.5 reg
http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/apparel/warmalite_quart_zip/

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Thanks Simon

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
What a fabulous day!

I think it's fair to say that Mizuno exceeded everbody's expectations in the organisation, prizes, gift pack.

On a personal note - it was great to put a face to some of the user names - which, I'm sure will only improve the forum atmosphere. I also had the great pleasure in playing with "Spinner" (Trigger) and "Wotsit" who provided some trully classic moments (shot of the day ricochet off the yellow marker 200 ft straight up). We also paired up with Bloodredsun from the WRX forum, who's opinions and reviews I've always respected and enjoyed. All three proved to be excellent company and we had a great round - excusing the actual scores obviously.

If this becomes a regular thing my name will be first on the list.

Now I have to start saving for a JPX800 driver as I didn't manage to win either of the two that were up for grabs. I tried it out again on the range prior and it confirmed it's place on my "must have" list.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Oh and a big congratulations to the winners - top three all on 38 points - which was nice (frustrating when someone comes in with 48 points off 25).

It showed it was a competitive but fair competition. The conditions weren't the easiest so 38 was a great and well deserved winning score.

I believe it was Sergio who won overall? Enjoy your new sticks \o/ How about a full list of scores?

Special mention should go the the nearest the pin winner (sorry don't remember who it was). It must've been two feet away? on a tricky par three with the flag just yards the other side of the water.

And the longest drive was a great hit (and equally close to the sdge of the fairway) :)

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, STG 180 3Wood, JPX 900 Rescue 19 degree , MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree
As I've already said, great,great day. Lets remember that Big Pete, Scores need to be forgotten!!!!!! As for the nearest to the pin, it was my pleasure to witness it from a true gentleman, Jim (POR987) He was 3rd of the tee, I was 12ft away, Rich1977 was 10ft away and then Jim dispatched his shot high into the sky landing as you all saw 2ft away. It is what golf is all about, it only takes one shot to completly turn around your mood.
I think it's safe to say....... same time next year

dave_giz

HCP
Increasing
Local club/country
None curently
Irons
MP18 SC's along with MP S-18 wedges 52 & 58.
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 driver and 3 wood.
SimonS said:
Villiers1 said:
No, I think that it was a wood ;)
I have all the leading edges on my irons special ground by Gilette to help me hack my way out of the local flora ;-)

If anybody can tell if if the right side of the course was as good as the left side that I frequented on EVERY flippin hole, that would be nice.

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
tonytim8 said:
As I've already said, great,great day. Lets remember that Big Pete, Scores need to be forgotten!!!!!! As for the nearest to the pin, it was my pleasure to witness it from a true gentleman, Jim (POR987) He was 3rd of the tee, I was 12ft away, Rich1977 was 10ft away and then Jim dispatched his shot high into the sky landing as you all saw 2ft away. It is what golf is all about, it only takes one shot to completly turn around your mood.
Tony has diplomatically decided not to mention that while they were 10 and 12 feet away, and Jim was poised to despatch his ball to kick-in distance, I was in the H20 after a 7 iron proved to be just enough to carry the water but not enough to get it up the bank too. But it was straight at the flag, to be fair.

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
I've just been working out how much that day would have cost if you payed more than the £30 entry for it. The goody bag alone must be worth £100. Then you get to play an outstanding course, go in the tour bus and meet all the Mizuno guys, get well fed and get a FREE bar!!! I'm not jealous honest.

**********!!!

I can feel a rant coming on!! Lol!!

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Villiers1 said:
I've just been working out how much that day would have cost if you payed more than the £30 entry for it. The goody bag alone must be worth £100. Then you get to play an outstanding course, go in the tour bus and meet all the Mizuno guys, get well fed and get a FREE bar!!! I'm not jealous honest.

**********!!!

I can feel a rant coming on!! Lol!!

Aha! I did predict this response - figured the goody bag might turn a few envious glances:)

Apparently Bearwood Lakes is £45 just to play 18 - with a member!! but worth every penny. Not sure what rates to just pitch up and play?

Like I said previously the Mizuno boys certainly overperformed on this one. Now I'm worried about the photos on 10. Can I just claim that even though I went in the bunker I did find the green with my next.... Plus I did eventually find the 10th fairway ...from the 11th tee... which takes some doing if you see the height of the trees in between.

dave_giz

HCP
Increasing
Local club/country
None curently
Irons
MP18 SC's along with MP S-18 wedges 52 & 58.
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 driver and 3 wood.
BigPete said:
..I did eventually find the 10th fairway ...from the 11th tee...
The 10th what? "Fairway"? The word sounds somewhat familiar but I just can't place it. Whatever it means it has no bearing on how I play.

RobB

Local club/country
Shropshire
Irons
MX300 4-PW Project X 6.0 ,MPT 10 50 , 56 bent to 55,60,.All 2 Deg up .
Driver
Mizuno MX 700 10.5 Aldila VS Proto Stifff.TM R9 TP 13 deg 3 wood Stiff Matrix Ozik HD6 .JPX 19 deg HybridStiff Fubuki 2 deg upPing Anser 2 Karsten 1959 2deg loft 2 deg flat 33" putter
Sounds like a great day was had by all of you who attended.Well done to Mizuno for an excellent contribution on your behalf.Hope to be able to attend the next one down this side of the border.Cannot attend northern event as logistically it's not viable.Well done everyone!Scores are not important?

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP53's
mjtoal said:
tonytim8 said:
Tony has diplomatically decided not to mention that while they were 10 and 12 feet away, and Jim was poised to despatch his ball to kick-in distance, I was in the H20 after a 7 iron proved to be just enough to carry the water but not enough to get it up the bank too. But it was straight at the flag, to be fair.
Martin - we all clubbed up after your pured 7 iron just failed to make the dance floor, so you definitely deserve to share in the glory, and particularly as you stil made 4!

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
BigPete said:
Oh and a big congratulations to the winners - top three all on 38 points - which was nice (frustrating when someone comes in with 48 points off 25).

And the longest drive was a great hit (and equally close to the sdge of the fairway) :)
Ha ha Pete, I had a whole 2 Inches to play within that drive...didn't think it was on initially but the closer I got it had just sneaked on...

I echo your sentiments on the scoring, was a fantastic day.

Top Bottom