Northern Forum Outing 2016 - Booking Now Open!!

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, STG 180 3Wood, JPX 900 Rescue 19 degree , MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree
Stewart 57 said:
What a great gesture Z, and nice to see DCB back swinging again....
+ 1 to that 

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
I've got a voucher for a two ball Cardrona, who wants to join me and test the facilities? 

MvW

HCP
Local club/country
Edinburgh
Irons
Mizuno MP54
Driver
Titleist 915 D2
zombie said:
I've got a voucher for a two ball Cardrona, who wants to join me and test the facilities? 
I'd be up for that mission with you, mate. If you don't get any better offers, and leave the hexing at home of course!

Kevmc

HCP
Local club/country
Kirkhill Golf Club
Irons
JPX900, Project X LZ 5.5 4-PW
Driver
ST180 Driver KURU KAGE TINI70 stiff shaft
zombie said:
ive got vouchers for cardrona will have a look and let you know how many try and make it a 4 ball if we can :)

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Cordrona is a great course and I've played it many times.  Not a bad shout for the outing, however, being selfish, I'm not quite ready to give up on a links course for the outing next year.  I think the decision to move to Scotland is a given, and so if we are going to bring the game home, we should truly bring it home and play a links course...

If we canny play a links - I'll join in looking at more parkland resorts.

Just my 2p worth.

If we do have to play a parkland course, there are many to choose from that would be great, some of which have been mentioned in previous posts:

Roxburgh, Dalmahoy, Carrick, Cordrona, etc...

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
If Scotland is a thought for a forum day, we could also think of North Berwick or surrounding area, as a choice,,,,,

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Deemac said:
Cordrona is a great course and I've played it many times.  Not a bad shout for the outing, however, being selfish, I'm not quite ready to give up on a links course for the outing next year.  I think the decision to move to Scotland is a given, and so if we are going to bring the game home, we should truly bring it home and play a links course...

If we canny play a links - I'll join in looking at more parkland resorts.

Just my 2p worth.

If we do have to play a parkland course, there are many to choose from that would be great, some of which have been mentioned in previous posts:

Roxburgh, Dalmahoy, Carrick, Cordrona, etc...
Quick question, Do I need a passport? :)

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Yes of course.  Hadrians Wall was built by us by the way... 

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Scotland - YES 
Links - YES 

If you manage to find anything half suitable I'll be well happy - doesn't have to be a resort in my opinion but a nearby hotel and close to a nice town would make sense

Mizunomarty

HCP
Local club/country
Cleveland/England
Irons
Mizuno MP54 5-PW Dynalite Gold S300 1"+ MP-T4 56 & 60 Wedges Krakatoa Putter
Driver
Mizuno JPX850 Driver,JPX825 Hybrid 19 stiff
I have stayed  in a couple of hotels in North Berwick and they are good. Also there are a few good pubs and different restaurants. The courses I have played are all excellent. North Berwick, The Glen, Whitekirk, Dunbar, longniddry and all the Gullane courses.

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Kevmc said:
zombie said:
ive got vouchers for cardrona will have a look and let you know how many try and make it a 4 ball if we can :)
Cool. I've got a Groupon deal for two (extra tenner for Sat or Sun which is a must). 

So we have

Kevmc 
MvW
Zombie

Who's the fourth musketeer? 

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
BigPete said:
Scotland - YES 
Links - YES 

If you manage to find anything half suitable I'll be well happy - doesn't have to be a resort in my opinion but a nearby hotel and close to a nice town would make sense
Mmmmmmm only problem with that is the guys who have a good drink on the Friday night driving to the course on Saturday morning. This has been one of the reasons we've always chosen a resort course in the past.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Deemac said:
BigPete said:
Scotland - YES 
Links - YES 

Mmmmmmm only problem with that is the guys who have a good drink on the Friday night driving to the course on Saturday morning. This has been one of the reasons we've always chosen a resort course in the past.
And the drink drive laws are tighter up here to start with. There's  something about parking the car on the Friday and not needing it until you head off home on Sunday.

Resort would be good.

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
DCB said:
Deemac said:
BigPete said:
Scotland - YES 
Links - YES 

And the drink drive laws are tighter up here to start with. There's  something about parking the car on the Friday and not needing it until you head off home on Sunday.

Resort would be good.
Spot on Deemac & DCB. The other major challenge is persuading a quality golf club to give visitors 7 or 8 tee times on a Saturday. 

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
I'm all for Scotland and  a links course but would prefer a hotel with spa due to Mrs RobB2 wanting to come along.Ok forget the spa ,She says she can read  instead! 

Kevmc

HCP
Local club/country
Kirkhill Golf Club
Irons
JPX900, Project X LZ 5.5 4-PW
Driver
ST180 Driver KURU KAGE TINI70 stiff shaft
does cragielaw not have a hotel, or is that a bit too close to home Zombie :)

GraemeJones

HCP
CONGU 3.9
Local club/country
http://www.padeswoodgolfclub.com
Irons
JPX 900 TOUR 5-PW, PX 5.5 shafts Standard length 2 degrees upright Titleist SM6 wedges 52,58 degree TaylorMade Ghost Spider S Putter
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 Driver JPX 825 3Wood MP650 hybrid 22* FLI HI 18* 24*
Scotland will be a bit too far for Jonesy and his unreliable shed of a car. But just a suggestion, would it not be easier to get tee times at a top course on a different day than a Saturday as mentioned before people need to book days off work for the Thursday Friday so why not try a Sunday Monday and the deals are considerably cheaper just my 2p worth. 

Jonesy

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Anywhere for me, plus I've got an estate so can drop the seats and kip in there if needed (not sure Mrs H will approve) AND, I've also got a roof box so Deemac can have the upper bunk if he wants it :)

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
GraemeJones said:
Scotland will be a bit too far for Jonesy and his unreliable shed of a car. But just a suggestion, would it not be easier to get tee times at a top course on a different day than a Saturday as mentioned before people need to book days off work for the Thursday Friday so why not try a Sunday Monday and the deals are considerably cheaper just my 2p worth. 

Jonesy
That's a good call Jonesy. Would certainly be cheaper on a "Sunday Driver" deal.If that was the case "the Mere" would do a good deal.I have  connections with the financial director there.Just a thought!

Top Bottom