HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Public Courses
Irons
JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver
JPX-EZ
I played 9 this morning. Maybe it's because it's my birthday, (70), but all of a sudden I hit the ball really well today. I didn't really keep score, but if I can keep this up, I'll be really happy.

Brattz

HCP
4.9 CONGU
Local club/country
Morley Hayes Resort, England www.morleyhayes.com
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.0 120g - 0.25° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist 917 D2 - Project X EvenFlow Blue 65g 6.0 10.5° - A1 - 12g Neutral
36pts in the competition today. Included 3 3-putt bogeys 😬. Definitely in the groove now and the next 2 weeks are massive.
Derbyshire County Team Championship next weekend which is 4 man team strokeplay and it’s on our course 💪🏽. The weekend after I am at Chesterfield Golf Club in the Derbyshire County Amateur Championship. 36 holes scratch medal on a course I’ve played a gazillion times 👍🏽. Now down to 4.5

PaulBoy

HCP
4.4 CONGU
Local club/country
Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons
JPX900 Tour 4-PW S300 AWT
Driver
Titleist TS2 UST V2 Black (2019)
I played 9 this morning. Maybe it's because it's my birthday, (70), but all of a sudden I hit the ball really well today. I didn't really keep score, but if I can keep this up, I'll be really happy.
Belated birthday greetings Dennis - 70 is the new 40 apparently! - I hope your family spoiled you on your big day? - Keep up the good play ... Paul

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Public Courses
Irons
JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver
JPX-EZ
Thanks Paul - We just spend sort of a quiet day since we had lots of plans for Mother's Day. My wife had to work, so it was me, one of my golf buddies and later just playing with my dog Hogan. One thing I am still trying to give myself for a present is another dog. Through Adopt-A-Pet, i've been advised there's a female Bichon named Molly, a 1-2 year old, that I've applied to adopt.

I played 18 yesterday, (Monday), and still hit the ball well, but unlike last week, my chipping and putting looked like a left handed blind donkey. I just can't seem to put everything together, but since I only returned to the game recently, I can't complain. I'm still in that honeymoon period where I'm just glad to be playing again.

PaulBoy

HCP
4.4 CONGU
Local club/country
Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons
JPX900 Tour 4-PW S300 AWT
Driver
Titleist TS2 UST V2 Black (2019)
Made it down to the rollup at New Forest GC today - Nice day to start with but some annoying drizzle for the last 4 or 5 holes - I won a couple of weeks ago, so was playing off 2hcp today - Dropped a shot on the 2nd and then I boarded the "Par Train" with pars all the way to the 10th which I birdied for 4pts (SI 2) - Back 9 was much the same, though managed to drop shots on the two driveable Par 4's (the 15th I hit driver through the green into the trees!) - Nice birdie on 17th & finished with 37pts - 42pts took the honours
Paul

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Public Courses
Irons
JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver
JPX-EZ
Last Monday, I played 9 holes in heat and humidity that can only make me think Miami skipped spring and went straight to summer. It was 90 degrees with about 70% humidity. It was hard to wipe myself off with a towel, grab a club and hit a shot before the sweat dripped off my face onto my glasses. I think that's my biggest handicap on the course.

The greens had been aerated 3 days before, so it was fun to smack the ball straight at the hole and watch it skid on the sand with little to no break.

My driver let me down a couple times, but for the past month, I've been really pleased with my iron play. With my shorter swing now, I seem to be hitting the ball a lot straighter, without my usual fade. Little by little, I've started aiming at pins and hitting some closer shots instead of aiming left and depending on the fade. I see some good golf in the future if I can get a handle on how far I hit everything now. Admittedly, I haven't practiced much to find out. I've just been playing.

Without keeping score, I'm beginning to realize after the round that I've played better and better. Maybe I'll start keeping score again.

Top Bottom