2016 Ryder Cup at Hazeltine

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
Varry Hardon said:
What driver is Woody using?
Pretty sure its Titliest?

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I'd like to say a 3 point lead is significant, but considering how most of the players have had good and bad rounds so far, I still think it's anyone's match to win.

See you all tomorrow. Sleep well...

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Anyone else struggling to watch this? - Not because of the golf, but the crowd are making it almost unwatchable for me - I know we touch on the whys & wherefores of the US galleries behaviour generally, but this event seems to have the gone way over the top imho - You expect them to be loud & raucous but some of the abusive yelling has just been ridiculous - If that's the only way the US can compete with Europe in the RC now then I'm out ... Paul 

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Went to bed before the end of play last night for the same reason. It actually started to remind me of the local football derby matches and the animosity and hatred that was so prevalent  in those matches. That was a reason I stopped watching football on the terracing.

I' ve watched a fair bit of live golf at events over the years. You applaud the good shots, you raise the roof on a stunning shot and you just shake your head at a poor shot. You don't rub salt in the wound by sarcastically cheering a bad shot even if it means 'your guy' benefits. You certainly don't give personal verbal abuse to any of the players you are watching on the course.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
They are talking about exactly that on The Golf Channel right now. I'm not seeing the same things in the broadcasts as you are overseas, probably because there's about a 5 second delay when they edit out nasty stuff. Contrary to my own feelings, the commentators are saying that cheering for a missed putt is OK and happens on both sides of the pond. It's the stuff that goes beyond it they object to. I agree with the latter, but I also disagree that the crowd should react the way they do to a Euro missing a putt.

As Tim Rosafort just said, it's not what Samuel Ryder would have wanted and if they are supposedly honoring Arnie this week, it's DEFINITELY not something he would have approved of.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Right result overall, Tee to Green the sides were pretty even but putting wise was a resounding victory to the US. They must have holed about 5 times as many putts as the Europeans.

What a match between Mickleson & Garcia, 10 birdies and a bogey to Mickleson, 9 birdies to Garcia for the half.

Roll on 2018!!!

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
hursty said:
Right result overall, Tee to Green the sides were pretty even but putting wise was a resounding victory to the US. They must have holed about 5 times as many putts as the Europeans.

What a match between Mickleson & Garcia, 10 birdies and a bogey to Mickleson, 9 birdies to Garcia for the half.

Roll on 2018!!!
Can't argue with that Hursty

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
I love the Ryder Cup but the USA crowd has really annoyed me this year. 

Awesome golf and a great show from Chris Wood but our players should not have to endure this type of behaviour.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
hursty said:

Roll on 2018!!!
Pretty much sums it up for me too though I still think the intimidating atmosphere really got to some of our team - I still don't get it why (in the States) people go to these events who aren't golf fans? - No golf fan would act like these mindless morons? - I understand that this sort of behaviour is the norm at a baseball or football match, but this is a golf event for god's sake! - Maybe when D Trump Esq takes over as President he will instigate a policy where Ryder Cup tickets are only sold to members of golf club :lol:
Paul

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Great weekends golf, as has been said, the difference was on the greens. Team USA putted so much better and took a deserved win. Hopefully this will give the event a bit of a buzz next time around. We need two strong teams to make this a spectacle.

Well played Team USA.

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
I thought it was a great tournament, with the right result, if nothing else for the success of future tournaments.

With respect to the crowd it was definitely a bit over the top at times, but let's not pretend European fans are perfect as well, the main difference is our courses normally don't have anywhere near as much room for fans, and we can probably hold our drink better.

I reckon a smart play would be for a day when you have 12+ hours of golf on the course you don't open the bars till after lunch, you can tell that started to affect things later in the day on Friday and Saturday.

Big fan of the way Rafa and Thomas played, really cool, definitely a changing of the guard for Europe, I reckon we won't see Westwood, Poulter, Donald, MacDowell or Kaymer playing again.

slash

HCP
ear2ear
Local club/country
Canada
Irons
MP64 & MP R
Driver
™ SuperTri v2
DCB said:
Great weekends golf, as has been said, the difference was on the greens. Team USA putted so much better and took a deserved win. Hopefully this will give the event a bit of a buzz next time around. We need two strong teams to make this a spectacle.

Well played Team USA.
McIlroy vs Reed need to be written into Game of Thrones.

Figjam vs El Nino were amazing and what makes golf great!

TheJoshuaTree

Local club/country
United Kingdon]
Irons
Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4 - PW, Wedges Cleveland 588 RTX 48/08, 52/08, 56/14, 60/08
Driver
Titleist 915 D2, Titleist 913 15 degree, Titleist 913 19 degree, Titleist 915 Hybrid
Considering he's a Ryder Cup rookie i thought Chris Wood played some really good golf, he was excellent with Justin Rose and played a big part in Europe getting a point. He drew the short straw in the singles getting paired with Dustin Johnson who is arguably their best player, he pushed DJ all the way and didn't look fazed at any point.

The best performers for Europe were Rory, Stenson, Pieters, Rafa, Chris Wood and Sergio. Some of the other performances left a lot to be desired especially those from Danny Willett and Lee Westwood, they were poor from start to finish. At least Martin Kaymer rose to the challenge in the singles after struggling previously, he dug in and was really gritty in getting us a point.

USA were simply far better as a team and performed a lot better than us across the board.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
chrism_s said:
Big fan of the way Rafa and Thomas played, really cool, definitely a changing of the guard for Europe, I reckon we won't see Westwood, Poulter, Donald, MacDowell or Kaymer playing again.
I think Rafa put his name on the map. That kid is a better player than the world knew about up to now and he's an interesting interview too. I'm very impressed with him.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
DennisMiller said:
chrism_s said:
I think Rafa put his name on the map. That kid is a better player than the world knew about up to now and he's an interesting interview too. I'm very impressed with him.
Its a big ask but dont write them off just yet, Mickleson is 46 and look at how he played in the singles.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
As Hursty said, best match was no doubt Mickelson-Garcia.

The US probably needed this win to keep their interest in this competition.

Top Bottom