hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Can't really argue with the morning results, US were simply better.

If I was being ultra critical then maybe halved match between Fowler Mcllroy, Fowler rescued a lot of Micklesons tee shots.

Why oh Why did Stenson hit so many drivers? His 3 wood is long and arrow straight.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I'd like to comment but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to. :D Get in!

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
Driver
Halebopp said:
Comment away, just don't press submit until after the matches have finished :)

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
hursty said:
Halebopp said:
Comment away, just don't press submit until after the matches have finished :)
I'll try to stick to caressing my MP-4s rather than touching the keyboard. :D

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver
JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.
DennisMiller said:
I'm embarrassed to say, with my son here from Jamaica, I totally lost track of the Ryder Cup. I came home this morning from taking my dog to the vet for a shot and discovered it was on tv.

My son is taking my car to go do some business today, so I'll be stuck at home. I'm telling everyone my immaculate sense of timing made it that way so I could watch every minute of the Ryder Cup.
You shot your dog?

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
OhBoy! said:
DennisMiller said:
I'm embarrassed to say, with my son here from Jamaica, I totally lost track of the Ryder Cup. I came home this morning from taking my dog to the vet for a shot and discovered it was on tv.

My son is taking my car to go do some business today, so I'll be stuck at home. I'm telling everyone my immaculate sense of timing made it that way so I could watch every minute of the Ryder Cup.
You shot your dog?
Sorry - Jellow Shots... Jellow Shots...

Nic1972

Local club/country
Italy
Irons
Mizuno MP H5 4 iron & Mizuno MP4 5 to PW / MRC OT-I 105 S
Go Europe! Go Woody!

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Not liking the crowd behaviour this morning. Wonder how bad things will get once the beer kicks in.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
DCB said:
Not liking the crowd behaviour this morning. Wonder how bad things will get once the beer kicks in.
Agreed!

It's one thing for the Americans in the crowd to applaud and yell USA, USA when an American player makes a great shot or sinks a putt, but I disagree with cheering when a Euro player misses a shot. That's not what golf is supposed to be about.

Maybe I'm the smallest minority, but I really don't care who wins. I just want to see great golf played to a different format than the constant medal play every week, but also played to a standard of behavior that represents the best this game can offer.

It's OK for someone like Patrick Reed to pump up the crowd when he does something great, but it's wrong to pump up the crowd after a Euro misses a putt.

If I were Davis Love, I'd remind my team they represent the game just as much as they represent their country.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
TV coverage picking up some unbelievable comments from the crowd and we're only half way through the morning. Sounds like a lot of sports fans are attending rather than the traditional golf fan attending.

Some amazing golf being played though.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Your broadcast to Europe is probably different from what I see here. I haven't heard any individual comments, but the general crowd reactions to the Euro players is not what I would have hoped for from mostly midwestern crowds in Minnesota.

Oh well, time to prepare for Hurricane Matthew in case it comes here early next week. Family in Jamaica is about to get slammed tomorrow.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
Driver
DennisMiller said:
Your broadcast to Europe is probably different from what I see here. I haven't heard any individual comments, but the general crowd reactions to the Euro players is not what I would have hoped for from mostly midwestern crowds in Minnesota.

Oh well, time to prepare for Hurricane Matthew in case it comes here early next week. Family in Jamaica is about to get slammed tomorrow.
Unfortunately Hurricane Matthew (Fitzpatrick) isn't showing yet, I've never seen a Ryder cup player look so in awe of the occasion, almost as though he doesn't believe he should be there for some reason.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Whether they say it just for the fans or for the press, most of the players admit to being more nervous playing the Ryder Cup than any other tournament. Maybe Fitzpatrick is genuinely nervous, maybe more than most.

I'm beginning to see some of my local friends comment about articles showing up that criticise fans for the way they are heckling Danny Willett. I'm glad to see my friends support a higher standard and don't like what's going on.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
The last two events over here did have some rather partisan fan interaction that at times crossed the line imo. It's something that has been slowly creeping in to this event for a number of years now. It really needs to be stopped before it goes too far.

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
Great work from Woody for a point

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Some Mizuno blue on the board and the Spaniards aren't going away! Ole, ole, ole!

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
DCB said:
The last two events over here did have some rather partisan fan interaction that at times crossed the line imo. It's something that has been slowly creeping in to this event for a number of years now. It really needs to be stopped before it goes too far.
Agreed again.

I don't know where this manufactured animosity came fron, but it needs to be stuffed back up wherever it came from. Hope it doesn't hurt whomever, but the President's Cup proves this sort of thing can still be friendly.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Halebopp said:
Some Mizuno blue on the board and the Spaniards aren't going away! Ole, ole, ole!
If Trump is elected, He says we're going to bomb Spain and it's all the fault of Garcia/Cabrerra-Bello. ;-)

I remain totally amazed how 2 Spaniards always seem to become iconic pairings. If I was an American player on the team, the last team I'd want to play is 2 Spaniards.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
What driver is Woody using?

Top Bottom