HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I'm not familiar with this Snainton company, but judging by so much negative feedback I see in this forum, I would never buy from them.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
I'm not familiar with this Snainton company, but judging by so much negative feedback I see in this forum, I would never buy from them.
They are my first choice for Mizuno, and anything else for that matter.
I've bought loads of stuff from them over 10 years, this is the first order they got wrong.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
They are my first choice for Mizuno, and anything else for that matter.
I've bought loads of stuff from them over 10 years, this is the first order they got wrong.
Interesting... Other than discount codes, I've gotten the impression a lot of my friends in this forum had trouble with them.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
Driver
ST-G
It's probably down to the amount of orders they take from people on here.
There is an automatic discount for members of this forum.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Hi Dennis ... They are actually one of the better etailers over here & have always been a strong supporter of Mizuno & this forum - When we used to have annual Forum Competitions they supplied some of the prizes & members here can get a bit of discount on purchases - I have bought numerous items myself over the years & never had an issue - Very quick to reply to emails & you can even speak to a human if you phone them!

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
Well I pulled the trigger on the zx5s, decided on full set 4-gw. The 4 iron and gw are out of stock till early August but should get the rest in a couple weeks from snainton.
Nippon modus NS pro tour 105 x
Standard length
1 degree flat.
Still pondering the fli hi to replace my 19* hybrid but rest of the bag staying the same for now..

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I picked up a set of the MP-H4 irons with senior flex shafts. This set looks nearly untouched. I still need to do my extension and backweight thing on them, but I hope to use them sometime next week.

[edit] The set is ready and I hope to play with them tomorrow morning. It'll be interesting to compare apples to oranges, PRGR to Mizuno. The Mizunos might feel nicer. The PRGRs will probably be longer iron number to number, just based on stronger lofts.

It's all going to depend a bit on whether I can get my sciatica drunk enough that I don't feel it. There might not be anough Ibuprofen in the world.

Last edited:

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I had a busy week.

I got some putting yips in the club championships a couple of weeks ago to the point I might have broken the shaft of my BC4 on the fourth green of the second round.

My initial plan was to lengthen my C01H and put a new grip on it but I also came across a used M Craft VI in great condition so I had to get that one. In theory it shouldn't work for me. But I demoed another used one a couple of years ago and it was great, that one was just too expensive for the condition it was in at that time. The Superstroke grip needs to be replaced so I ordered some new grips. Obviously the blue Bettinardi is for the C01H.

Then, on Monday I noticed the pro shop at my home club had gotten a 4-PW set of MP-25s with KBS Tours. As I got a chance to play yesterday, I demoed them for the round and, despite not being completely convinced by them, I decided to buy them anyway. I especially liked the ease of getting the 4 iron flying high. The issue was about them seeming to be slightly short but that could be my swing at the moment.

They were good value for money and I can most probably recoup what I paid for them in case they don't really pan out. What I found slightly worrying is how I thought of the 25s as a "newer model". But they are all the way back from 2016, over seven years old! The 18s, 20s and the current line have come after them.

The M Craft was fantastic. It felt like cheating inside two metres and even the longer putts stayed very well on the line. The putter feels very balanced, the feeling is as good as they come and the ball seems to start rolling off the face straight away. Never mind the fact the blue finish is a fantastic look for this model.

Now I just need to figure out how to ruin it by lengthening the shaft and choosing which grip I use to replace the horrible-looking Superstroke. :)

M Craft VI MP-25 25%.jpg

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Driver
Good buy with the 25's imho - Look how similar they are to the current 22? range - Of course they don't go far, but they will go the same distance every time & on line, which is more important to me? - The putter has weights in the sole, so hopefully you will be able to get the balance right when you adjust the length (remember to check swing weight now, before you adjust!)
Good luck ... Paul

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Good buy with the 25's imho - Look how similar they are to the current 22? range - Of course they don't go far, but they will go the same distance every time & on line, which is more important to me? - The putter has weights in the sole, so hopefully you will be able to get the balance right when you adjust the length (remember to check swing weight now, before you adjust!)
Good luck ... Paul
Getting the right feel for the putter will be a bit of a task. My BC4 is now 36" and has a 120-gram grip. I removed the worn-down grip from the C01H and use a regular, cut GP Tour Velvet on it to test different shaft lengths. It's some 50 grams and found out the light grip is much better for short putts but significantly worse for distance control in longer putts.

Hopefully the 80-gram Tour Classic will provide a good compromise once I replace the 50-gram Superstroke on the M Craft. Extending the shaft should also lessen the change in swing weight due to the heavier grip. But I haven't taken a deeper look into it yet as I want more rounds in with the putter in its current state.

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Hi Dennis ... They are actually one of the better etailers over here & have always been a strong supporter of Mizuno & this forum - When we used to have annual Forum Competitions they supplied some of the prizes & members here can get a bit of discount on purchases - I have bought numerous items myself over the years & never had an issue - Very quick to reply to emails & you can even speak to a human if you phone them!

Snainton are not far away from me, in County Durham I believe. I have not bought from them but they always seem to offer Mizuno gear at a good competitive price. I think they are an authorised dealer but not sure if they are a Mizuno fitting centre or not Paul.

Anyway, past 3 months or so I have bought
... STX220 Driver + 3W, 4H, 5H, 6H. The hybrids are brilliant with a high but penetrating and stable flight. I only carry 6 iron as my strongest iron now. Back in the day I used a 1 and a 2 iron about the size of a cheese slicer! LOL 😅😅

The driver has a HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black shaft, I just cant get away with it due to the high kickpoint, it is very stable, but just lacks feel and feedback. Have replaced it with the Tensei Orange from my old ST180.

As far as putters go, I am still using my MPT-105 mallet, its lovely with a big grip on it. Not really into great big putters.

Cheers guys

Smitty

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Driver
Snainton are not far away from me, in County Durham I believe. I have not bought from them but they always seem to offer Mizuno gear at a good competitive price. I think they are an authorised dealer but not sure if they are a Mizuno fitting centre or not Paul.

Anyway, past 3 months or so I have bought
... STX220 Driver + 3W, 4H, 5H, 6H. The hybrids are brilliant with a high but penetrating and stable flight. I only carry 6 iron as my strongest iron now. Back in the day I used a 1 and a 2 iron about the size of a cheese slicer! LOL 😅😅

The driver has a HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black shaft, I just cant get away with it due to the high kickpoint, it is very stable, but just lacks feel and feedback. Have replaced it with the Tensei Orange from my old ST180.

As far as putters go, I am still using my MPT-105 mallet, its lovely with a big grip on it. Not really into great big putters.

Cheers guys

Smitty
Hi Steve ... No idea if they are a Mizuno AD?
Glad to hear you are getting on well with your recent purchases - Not surprised the Hzrdus RDX is a bit "meh" for you - Most of their range (for me) have been totally lacking in feel & feedback - I think they are better suited to the beasts who walk among us!
Back in the day, those old 1 & 2 irons of which you spoke, were handy if you lost your bread knife!
I don't like big putters either, but equally, I don't like big grips!
Good job there is no "one size fits all" when it comes to golf equipment ...
Cheers
PB ;)

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Hi Steve ... No idea if they are a Mizuno AD?
Glad to hear you are getting on well with your recent purchases - Not surprised the Hzrdus RDX is a bit "meh" for you - Most of their range (for me) have been totally lacking in feel & feedback - I think they are better suited to the beasts who walk among us!
Back in the day, those old 1 & 2 irons of which you spoke, were handy if you lost your bread knife!
I don't like big putters either, but equally, I don't like big grips!
Good job there is no "one size fits all" when it comes to golf equipment ...
Cheers
PB ;)
Hi mate, still got your TP9's on a rack in the mancave along with my other racks of blades.... MP32 mint nick, 2 to PW... MP 14, fully restored 1 to SW... MP33, 2 to PW... MP37, 2 to PW,

Found a TP 9 , 1i + 2i + SW to complete the set.

All just ornaments on the wall in the man room. Will never play them.

Cheers Paul, good to hear from you.

The big grip helps me not to snatch at the short putts and keep the wrists out of the stroke. I was a bad putter from 6 foot in.

The downside to a fat grip is that you lose feel for pace on the longer putts.

Cheers Paul, good to hear from you

Smitty 👍

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
After attending a TM fitting day, I was amazed at how good the new Stealth 2 Plus driver is - so impressed I actually pulled the trigger on one… whilst it isn’t a blue box arriving, it replaces my TSI and is more accurate, longer and tighter dispersion…

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
Driver
ST-G
Re-shafted MP-H5, 2 and 3 irons.

KBS Tour 105 stiff.

Excellent shaft, launches a bit better the previous PX shaft.

Cost me £22 per shaft brand new, uncut.

KBS.jpg

Top Bottom