Not good enough

HCP
Local club/country
Norway
Irons
JPX800 4-PW, MP12, 54 and 58 degree.
Driver
Ping K15
During a visit to England in May I visited a regional fitting center in North England. I ended up with a MX1000, gw-4, with one inch longer grafite shafts and special grips, blue and white, two layers thicker than normal. To-day, a bit more than a month later, I recevied my new set minus the gw, which I will get later. My disappointment was great when I saw that the set was fitted with standard grips, and not those I had payed extra to get. And even more disappointed I became when I laid my hands on them and found that the grips had standard thickness. It's a long way from England to Norway, so it's not easy to correct a bad job, that's why quality control during assembly is so important. I have e-mailed the fitting center, but haven't got any answer yet. Have I been extremely unlucky, or is things you must accept happens sometimes? And what solutions should I expect?

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
I think you may have been unlucky, but you should expect the retailer to make sure that your incorrect set are returned to Mizuno and you receive the set back EXACTLY the way you ordered them! ALL at no cost to yourself!

HCP
Local club/country
Norway
Irons
Driver
Ping K15
In normal circumstances, yes. In this case, I don't really know. I took me more than a month to get the clubs, more than twice as long as it takes if you buy something from USA. So when will I get the replacement? I have sold my old set, and the buyer has been waiting for his, while I've been waiting for mine. Those who say that golf clubs should be fitted and bought at your local pro, have a strong point. But for some reason or other, Mizuno is an almost non-exesting brand in Norway. Just a few golf pro shops around Oslo are stockists, and shaft optimizers and trolleys for shafts and club heads don't exist, as far as I know. So England was the only choice for me. But I guess I'll hear form my retailer to-day, and then decide what to do.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
We've checked the order (from the retailer to Mizuno) - which unfortunately didn't request a custom grip. Time-wise there is no difference in speed ordering in the US or Europe. If the parts are in (in this case the GW was out of stock), the order is processed and sent in 7-10 working days. We received your order on the 18th May and shipped them on the 26th May. I think the rest was obviously down to the added complication of buying from a UK retailer from Norway (he would have received the goods in the UK and then shipped onto you).

You have done the right thing in contacting the retailer. We have this model in stock, so once the retailer contacts us, we can resolve the issue quickly.

Let us know how you get on.

I did a search around Oslo and there were some fitting centres with the Swing DNA service - see pic.

Attachments

HCP
Local club/country
Norway
Irons
Driver
Ping K15
During e-mail conversation we have found out what went wrong to-day. The order specification was not good enough, and that's what may happen sometimes. The assembly of the clubs expect for the missing GP was done immediately, and the retailer was waiting for the missing GP before shipping the set to Norway. When I made a request, the set minus the GP was shipped to Norway, and the GW will get here later on, jusl as I asked for.
For me the lack o f thickness is more important than the type of grip, even though I bought the multi compound grips. Guess I'll get new and thicker grips here in Norway. I am pleased to be informed about the existence of Mizuno fitting in Norway. When I searched for Mizuno in Norway a few months ago, there were no fitting centers here, just a couple of stockists at golf clubs near Oslo. I hope that means that Mizuno will be growing in Norway too. I thank you for the interest, understanding and help from you Miuno-people i GB.

HCP
Local club/country
Norway
Irons
Driver
Ping K15
Good enough!

Many thanks to Mark Rodgers who did a great job during the fitting session and gave me a lot of good advices ragarding chioce of shafts and club head, and made his very best to get the clubs to Norway as fast as possible when the GW delay was longer than expected, and for doing the best he could to compensate for forgetting about the grips when ordering the clubs. Great guy and great service when things turned out a bit wrong!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
HAPPY Days are here again!!

Well Done...

Enjoy your new clubs...

D.