launch angle

HCP
Local club/country
usa
Irons
4-pw, MP 57, MP 52 & MP 60
Driver
Mizuno 630 - stock rayon shaft stiff
Someone out there probably has launch monitoring results for all Mizuno iron heads. Which one launches the ball the lowest? I know the launch angle is determined by the swing speed, how steep the swing is and the shaft. But considering all those factors is the same which mizuno iron head will give the lowest launch angle? I play in heavy winds all the time and I want to build a custom mizuno iron set. My 6 iron ss is 89.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Loft plays a big role too!!

Not all 6-irons (etc) have the same lofts.

HCP
Local club/country
usa
Irons
4-pw, MP 57, MP 52 & MP 60
Driver
Mizuno 630 - stock rayon shaft stiff
The different mizuno irons do have different lofts. The more gameimprovement the less loft. But that does not mean the various irons have a flatter trajectory. I demo'd the 52 and had real troubles keeping the ball down no matter what shaft I tried, while the 62's had a much lower trajectory.

I was just wondering which head is going to have a lower trajectory. Matching it with a stiff tip shaft will be easy. Is there a head that with a lower trajectory than the 62??? Someone must have tested the Mizuno iron heads on a launch monitor with the same shaft...
I do want to build a set of iron for these windy summer days....

lessel

Local club/country
Woburn
Irons
MP20 HMB 4-PW, woods ST180
Driver
GT180 Tensei blue 60 stiff
Have a look at Compare Irons on the Mizuno site. This shows the flight. which would suggest the MP68 have the lowest.

Fitter

HCP
+1
Local club/country
Scotland
Irons
MP69 3-PW / R-12 Blk Ni 52/56/60 DG S300
Driver
MP650 9.5 UST Black / MP 15* UST Black
The 68 will keep it lower ..... if you're brave enough!!!

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
I have the 68s and like them a lot. I wouldn't say that the flight is noticeably lower than other MPs I have played, but they feel and look great. Anyone with a username which includes 2 iron in it should be fine with them.

The shaft will have a lot to do with flight and launch too. I got the KBS in stiff which feel solid but playable.

Top Bottom