CUJays34

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
JPX921 SEL 5-GW
Driver
Callaway Rogue Draw 9.0
So I took delivery of these SEL's yesterday. They are beautiful, a little intimidating, and sound great! I'm considered a high handicapper, 18. I've been playing the same Callaway x-18's for about the last 15 years, no real movement in my handicap. I ordered these and had em fit, 1 up, Project x LZ 120g 6.0 Shafts with the CP2 wrap grips. I was worried this club is a bit advanced for my skill set. I tell ya what, it is! It's ok though. Hit em today at a par 3 course just up the street. Miss hits didn't smoke my hands, and only beat me up on distance, but when you flush one, the angels sing. Feel is the real star with these clubs. Landings are soft, and stuck. It's a club shorter, but I expected that going from game improvement clubs to forged clubs. It's also cold out so that may have something to do with it also, but I'm putting it on user error. My swing speeds are pretty slow, mid to high 80's and the shafts seemed to be right on. They are a lot of fun. If you are a low to mid handicapper, you will love these. I'm hoping to join those ranks soon. BTW, the 5 iron is a forged, the ball EXPLODES off of those. I hit one 210 which is a mile for a 5 iron for me. If you are a high handicapper like me, don't be afraid to give these a look, I've got all winter now for lessons!

Top Bottom