ChuckD

HCP
Local club/country
Sydney
Irons
MP59 KBS Tour, MP T4 50, MP-T10 54, MP-T 58
Driver
Callaway Octane Tour 9.5 ProLaunch Red Xstiff
Geez, this is something I am so guilty of on the course, usually on a Saturday when it matters. Over swinging, trying to hit my irons harder than I need to. I can hit smooth and consistently soft irons on the range all day, but then I get on the course and lack the trust that the same swing is going to give the same result, so I give it a little extra which trows everything out. Playing this afternoon. Hopefully have time to hit a bag of balls beforehand, then repeat as necessary on the course. Glad you made progress Pete.

ChuckD

HCP
Local club/country
Sydney
Irons
Driver
2 over par yesterday. 3 bogeys, 1 birdie. 10/13 fairways, 12 GIR, 32 putts with a sloppy 3 putt. Felt like yesterday could (should) have been a par round or better. Birdie putts just refused to drop, and the 3 bogeys were avoidable. None the less, fairly solid day.

Mizo

HCP
-
Local club/country
Efteling, Netherlands
Irons
18° MP FLi-Hi/MP-57/3-PW/PX 5.5, MP-T/56-10/R300
Driver
MX-560/9.5/Proforce V2S 66g
Still not doing anything here...I don't feel like standing in the rain.
Ordered some nice weather for coming weekend.
Hopefully will get it delivered.

Graham27

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Mizuno MP63 3-PW Project X rifle 5.0 shafts
Driver
Ping G2 driver regular flex 10.5 degrees
Well today was potentially my last round with my Macgregor's before I take delivery of my new MP63 irons and shame to say my round was shocking lol

Very windy and the course was waterlogged so it was very difficult. Didn't even had up my score, had so many par putts and some birdie putts all burn the edge of the hole. If they dropped it wouldn't of been half bad.

Bring on next weekends round with my new sticks :)

skindemrock

HCP
Local club/country
Lanark Golf Club, Scotand
Irons
MP Fli Hi 2, 3 & 4 irons, Mizuno JPX 800 pro 5 - PW, T4 wedges 50 & 56deg
Driver
Titleist 913 D2 8.5deg, Taylormade RBZ 3 wood, YES Callie putter white
Delighted.
Played with my new irons (JPX 800 pro) for the 1st time as course has been closed every Sunday for our winter league since late November.
Won it at a windy Lanark with 36 points.
These irons are nice.

db.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Mizuno MP62 4-PW, Mizuno MP T5 52, 58 wedges
Driver
Ping G30 / Titleist 913 D2
Played rubbish yesterday, but almost made a hole in one on a par 4. 294 yards off winter matt, downwind, hit driver to 3 inches. The group in front were putting out and it split the lot of them, they told me it lipped out and somehow finished directly behind the hole. I have never had a hole in one, getting one a on par 4 would of been a decent first one.

RobB

Local club/country
Shropshire
Irons
MX300 4-PW Project X 6.0 ,MPT 10 50 , 56 bent to 55,60,.All 2 Deg up .
Driver
Mizuno MX 700 10.5 Aldila VS Proto Stifff.TM R9 TP 13 deg 3 wood Stiff Matrix Ozik HD6 .JPX 19 deg HybridStiff Fubuki 2 deg upPing Anser 2 Karsten 1959 2deg loft 2 deg flat 33" putter
Not played a round for 3 weeks now.Hoping to get out wed or thurs.

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
first 9 holes with the jpx800pros on sunday.
unfortunately was full winter set up and the course was pretty wet.

was nice to hit them though, they felt fantastic.

was 2 over after the 9. its no fun putting on winter greens!

Albatros84

HCP
WHS 7.1
Local club/country
Knightsbrook Golf Club, Ireland
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal 5-GW KBS Tour 90 S
Driver
Ping G425 Max 9.5 Alta CB 55 R
Had 33 pts for 14 holes, beaten on a count-back, won cat b, finished 4 over very happy :) Can't wait for the 1st 18 hole comp - target to get down to single figures in 2011

ChuckD

HCP
Local club/country
Sydney
Irons
Driver
Played pretty solid last Friday, 41 points (3 over) with a double bogey wipe on 17, not a hard hole at all but had a horror lie after finding a greenside trap. Saturday, different story, just could not find the fairway off the tee. had 3 wipes, a couple of weak bogeys. Felt the pinch of the new handicap big time. Worst round in 6 weeks by a long way. Off to work on the driver today and figure out why I cant release it some days.

HCP
Local club/country
St Pierre, Chepstow, Wales, UK
Irons
MX300 3-PW
Driver
Titleist D9 9.5
Played Sunday in a C#ck of the North match and played one of 'those' rounds. Back playing golf after an 8 year since August with a new handicap of 15. First time out with my new MX300s in reasonable weather conditions (not frozen)and played brilliantly. Had a fair bit of good fortune too with a chip in, and helpful deflections from branches, but won the match 5&4 on the 14th and played the 15th. I walked off the course 4 over par through 15. Seriously upset one of the opponents. Pleased with the round though. Will see what happens next week.

Dave Lyall

HCP
Local club/country
Kirriemuir Golf Club, Scotland
Irons
Mizuno MP30 3-Pw, Black Ox Wedges,52,54 & 56, Titleist 985 19 Stiff Hybrid,Cleveland Hi Bore 17 Stiff Hybrid
Driver
Titleist 909D2,9.5 Degree, Stiff Aldila Voodoo Shaft
Well guys I would like nothing more than to post something on this thread,but,like many more of you likely,still kept away from the course as it's still snow and ice covered.
Getting he jitters now since the 1st snow came on the 26th November and haven't been able to get on the grass since !
One ray of hope though is the driving range at nearby Forfar has opened again and so have managed a couple of visits to blow the cobwebs off.
Funny how a few weeks lay off can really erase some of the swing memory though.First visit was not what I had hoped for but I put that down to excitement and being over eager,but,once I managed to slow the swing down to a blur things started to fall back into place.
Just back from hitting a bucket tonight and it seems the old magic was there all along but needed some gentle persuasion to bring it out !
What makes things worse is watching all the golf in the sunny balmy tour venues and pining for the snow to clear and get back to the course & away from my other half who is driving me nuts with all of the "little jobs that need done around the house".
How I envy all of our fellow forum contributors from warmer climes !

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Amen to that Dave!!! I'm climbing the walls here too!!

I have tomorrow and Monday off work and was hoping to get out and hit some balls on the course. Mon - Wed was gorgeous here in Glasgow, so I was thinking "great, golf on Friday", then today freezing fog and sub-zero again!!!

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChuckD

HCP
Local club/country
Sydney
Irons
Driver
Geez I played ordinary yesterday. Thats 2 bad weeks in a row. PLayed ok during 2 practice rounds thursday and friday, but just wanted to belt everything. I had no rhythm at all, as hard as I tried. I had 3 balls in hazards and a ball out of bounds. Almost a carbon copy of last week, at the same holes. Going to try and get some range time in this week, and I might even book a lesson to tried to break down why I play so well one week or even one day, and crap the next. Only ever had 2 lessons in my life, the last was almost 12 months ago. I think I need to invest in some lessons this year to progress further.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Hit 86 today which I'm actually fairly excited about - it's 4 over my handicap but it gave me lots of things to work on. For this time of year, I see that as a reasonable starting point.

I have very grand plans for this year - approaching it all very differently.

This will be a breakthrough year for me

mattymp62

HCP
Local club/country
Cherwell Edge GC
Irons
MP-62
Good to see this thread going strong since I last checked in!

Well, I step out on course this Saturday for the first time since September after a loss of appetite (being forced out by mates, hopefully I'll catch the bug again!). An 80 something could be on the cards!

db.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Mizuno MP62 4-PW, Mizuno MP T5 52, 58 wedges
Driver
Ping G30 / Titleist 913 D2
I played pretty poorly this weekend, 8 over Saturday, 10 over Sunday. Scores might not look like a disaster, but I hit the ball badly and scrambled round which I hate. Such an effort.

My course is very boggy right now, which is not conducive to good golf.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Played again today - 81 - under handicap in the wind and rain and still room for improvement.

Graham27

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Mizuno MP63 3-PW Project X rifle 5.0 shafts
Driver
Ping G2 driver regular flex 10.5 degrees
Shot 85 at the weekend in a medal comp. Very dissapointed with it, could not gauge the speeds of the greens. One minute i was leaving the putts 5 feet short then hitting them 10 feet past.

If my putting was at the level i know it can be then i was probably looking at mid seventies, but thats all well and good saying it now lol

Roll on next weekend.

Mad as a Frog

HCP
Local club/country
Batchworth Park GC
Irons
MX-300 4&5, MP 52s 6-PW, Project X 5.5,Bridgestone 3&5 Woods with Accra Axiv XC75 shafts Stiff - Vokeys 50, 55 & 60
Driver
Nakashima HTEC Driver 460 Aldila VS Proto 60 Shaft 9.5 degree
Played The Grove Sunday - OMG apart from the gale it was t-shirt and jumper but the course omg OMG it was in amazing condition - better than most I've played in Summer!!!! Shot a dissapointing 87 - silly triple going for a green 220 out over Aqua into 2 club headwind for the hell of it didnt help...

But the switch of practice from Long game to short game is paying off - I think that 87 was better than some 79's I have shot - it was a real test - I am not used to hitting 3 woods into greens on Par 4's... Its a complete rip off if you pay the standard green fee but if you live local get the winter warmer in - you will not be dissapionted!

After a terrible winter of long days down the range changing swing it has given me a new lease of life to commit to short game once as on courses like this you are just not going to hit your usual green in regs so you need it bad!!

Top Bottom