HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I have a golf bag i really like, but the 14 way dividers are covered with black woven fabric, probably nylon. Because of the color, I often have a lot of trouble seeing where I have taken a club from when I want to put it back. So, I'm actually thinking about painting the tops of the dividers a lighter color to see if that makes the spaces more visible.

Go ahead and laugh, but I'll give all of you credit for never having done anything so crazy. Or should I? :)

LOS

Local club/country
England
I have a golf bag i really like, but the 14 way dividers are covered with black woven fabric, probably nylon. Because of the color, I often have a lot of trouble seeing where I have taken a club from when I want to put it back. So, I'm actually thinking about painting the tops of the dividers a lighter color to see if that makes the spaces more visible.
Several years ago I bought a set of 14 plastic tubes for that reason but when they started to break, transit damage, I never replaced them.
They were similar to these;-
1709397579698.png

When a stand bag is no longer usable I cut out the unworn divider sections and use them to repair worn sections in my trolley bag and I also keep the shhoulder straps.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Hi Dennis ... Doesn't sound crazy at all to me! - Why not go the whole nine yards and use luminous paint? o_O

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Hi Dennis ... Doesn't sound crazy at all to me! - Why not go the whole nine yards and use luminous paint? o_O
Something I looked at on Amazon actually was luminous. Even in bright sunlight yesterday morning, shoving things aside to find the open space was difficult to see. Something bright white would work.

BTW - This isn't the bag with my Mizunos in it. One of my other sets includes the Cleveland HB Turbo all hybrid irons and due to the design, with the black paint on the back, they require covers to keep from chipping up quickly.

The other thing is, is, I don't really like 14 way tops, but the way the pockets are designed on this Cleveland cart bag is just so superior to any others I've seen, I love the bag regardless.

I'm tied up today and tomorrow, but after I get home from the course Monday afternoon, look out. I'm in the mood to make one hell of a mess. :)

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
BTW - I have never gotten around to this, but I'm going to Home Depot tomorrow and will pick up a can of luminescent white paint. I just had to correct a typo for paint. I had written "pint"... Maybe i need that more...

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Well, the job is very neatly done, because I wrapped the whole bag in plastic from the dry cleaner. BUT, I don't think I did much good because the light gray paint I had doesn't actually make much difference over the black cloth. It seemed to soak into the material. I'm still waiting for the smell to go away so I know it's completely dry before I put my clubs back in it, but I think I need something even lighter.
IMG_4769.JPG

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I got a can of white paint. I'm about to repeat the process and see if I can improve the visibility of the separators. The big argument between me and my wife right now is whether i need a psychiatric intervention or whether an plain old psychologist would do.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I think this will work better, once it dries. I'm not playing until Tuesday and i have the Mizuno set ready for that day, but this Cleveland bag needs help. I really hate 14 way tops.
IMG_4777.JPG

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
I got a can of white paint. I'm about to repeat the process and see if I can improve the visibility of the separators. The big argument between me and my wife right now is whether i need a psychiatric intervention or whether an plain old psychologist would do.
The bag looks good with the new white paint job Dennis - Also sounds like you & your wife are on the same page re your sanity! :D

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Here it is with the plastic and tape removed. There's still a slight aroma, so i won't put clubs back in it until there's none.
IMG_4778.JPG

Last edited:

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Update - It works much better now. I haven't played all week, but I put the clubs in the bag and took it out in semi darkness. When I grabbed any club, it was much easier to see where it came from. I'm not going to patent my process, but leave it free for all the world to benefit.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
It worked so well, I'm considering doing it to a couple more of my bags. They all seem to have black separators.I wonder if spraying paint on a golf bag could be patented? Maybe this is where I make my next fortune... first fortune... ten bucks?

Top Bottom