SAM66

HCP
Local club/country
Horsley Lodge
Irons
MX200 5-PW plus GW,SW and LW
Driver
Taylor made R9, regular, fujikura motore
I have been to my local pro and to a regional fitting centre. The pro recommended a light regular steel shaft Nippons NS 950 with the MX 300 head.
The fitting centre suggested graphite Exsar IS4 senior flex with the MX 300 head.
Both used the Optimiser. My swing speed is around 68 to 72 I was not given all of the stats off the Optimiser but the fitting centre suggested that my spin rate wasn't high enough for the steel shafts.
However, when I hit the graphite and the steel shafts on the range the ball flight looked the same as did the accuracy.
I am currently playing with MX 200 graphite senior flex but was looking for something more consistent with better feedback in my shorter irons; hence trying steel shafts.
Now I do not know what to do, perhaps just stick with the ones I have or try a different place, third time lucky? I would be grateful for any advice. Has anybody else had conflicting advice from a custom fitting?
Thanks.

HCP
Local club/country
Southern Valley, Kent, England
Irons
Mizuno MX-300 4-pw lite flex
Driver
Mizuno MX-700 12* lite flex
I got fitted and got the same shafts recommended to me in the 300's.
Went with the graphite in everything including a hybrid, 4 wood and driver. Stayed with steel in my wedges though.
I tried the optimiser 3 times and came up with the same answers before buying them.

Top Bottom