HCP
Local club/country
Kedleston Park GC, England
Irons
Mizuno MX 200, nippon ns pro 1150GH tour reg., 1* up, std. length
Driver
Titleist 909 D2 10.5, Diamana BB reg.
Hello,
I am 15 and have recently had a growth spurt and my current irons are now the wrong spec, since they are 2 degrees flat.

I have had a fitting session with my local pro for some mizunos. We have confirmed the spec to be at std. length, 1 deg upright with Nippon 1150Gh tour reg. shafts. But we were both left wondering as to which mizuno head to choose.
I hit both the Mx 200 and the Mp 52. The trajectory and feel of the Mp 52s were superb although the Mx 200s were good too. I'm drawn to the Mp 52s however im sceptical about them being slightly more expensive.

Has anyone had any similiar experiences or any advice as to which set (both 3-PW) to get? Thanks

Minner

HCP
Local club/country
Cornwall
Irons
Titliest AP2s S300 4-PW, Vokey 52, 56 & 60, Talormade R7 3W, 22 Degree rescue
Driver
Mizuno MX-700 10.5 Fujikura stiff
LotD,
if you are at least semi-serious about your golf then in my opinion the 52's will be worth the extra money.

I think the 200's are aimed more at the improver market and I'm assuming that with the help of your new purchase you'll be aiming to get your 15 down to nearer 10? If so, the feedback and workability of the 52's should outweigh the forgiveness, and price, of the 200's.

Let us know what you go for, and how you get on.

Lord of the Divots

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Hi again
Since my last post, and after your advice too, i have gone for the mx 200s. This is simply because of the price difference however to be honest i hate the way they sit behind the ball with the chunky top line and heavy offset (more than I'd like to see).
I'm planning on playing with the 200s for a while but if I can't play with them because of the look i may return them and go for the mp 52s.
thanks

HCP
Local club/country
Monkstown Golf Club
Irons
MP 60 3-PW
Driver
Ping G10 Stiff 10.5%
I play off 8. Use MP60 but i am struggling. Was wondering about MX200 or MP52 which might be a bit easier to hit the long irons. Wondering if the MX200 are very chunky in the top line. Was recommended the Callaway X22 tour ( very easy to hit with thin top line)by pro in shop recently but I like feel of Mizuno's and would be slow to move. Any advice ?

Lord of the Divots

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
hi yosser
ive just been on the golf digest website and looked that the topline of the x 22 tour irons are 5.4mm, mizuno mx 200 are 7.1mm and mizuno mp 52s are 5.5mm....
hope that helps!

Top Bottom