When/If to move to winter Golf ball?

Mad as a Frog

HCP
Local club/country
Batchworth Park GC
Irons
MX-300 4&5, MP 52s 6-PW, Project X 5.5,Bridgestone 3&5 Woods with Accra Axiv XC75 shafts Stiff - Vokeys 50, 55 & 60
Driver
Nakashima HTEC Driver 460 Aldila VS Proto 60 Shaft 9.5 degree
Gents - Can I have your feedback on when to move to a harder ball for the winter - if I should at all. I play PV1X but many around me change for the winter - It is now cooling in the morning and the ball doesnt fly so much - is now a good time to change and if so whats your personal recommendation if you use PV1/PV1X. I am not sure if people do it for cost or what? Also do you change your ball if its a very windy Day.

Lookign forward to your comments!

Nick

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
About a year ago I decided to use only 1 type of ball when "on the course" (not practice) - the pro v1.

I use it all the time and never change, despite the conditions. I have found that I am much more tuned into this ball now, and know exactly how it will react on each shot - especially when putting!!

I can't see any advantage in changing ball, but like you, I'd be intrigued to know if there are valid reasons for doing so!!

Clbrn

HCP
Local club/country
Bellshill G.C
Irons
Mizuno Mx25 5-Pw ,Mizuno Mx 56 Wedge Mizuno Tour Style 60 Wedge
Driver
Nike Golf Dymo2 Str8 Fit 9.5 Stiff
Hi i use prov1x or srixon z-star normaly
For winter i'll swap to NXT TOUR just to get the little more distance

colin

Lord of the Divots

HCP
Local club/country
Kedleston Park GC, England
Irons
Mizuno MX 200, nippon ns pro 1150GH tour reg., 1* up, std. length
Driver
Titleist 909 D2 10.5, Diamana BB reg.
i always use NXT Tours now. I asked our pro about this subject and he said not to change because you want to have the same ball flight so you can control your distances etc. also it's just that you wouldn't want to change the normal playing characteristics of your ball as it gets unpredictable.

Clbrn

HCP
Local club/country
Bellshill G.C
Irons
Mizuno Mx25 5-Pw ,Mizuno Mx 56 Wedge Mizuno Tour Style 60 Wedge
Driver
Nike Golf Dymo2 Str8 Fit 9.5 Stiff
Ball flight changes as it gets colder I.E wont fly as far,I dont see the harm in changing to a slightly harder bal like NXT Tour during the winter

Top Bottom