Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
"Tour" putter headcover for my recently purchased OMOI putter above.

The OMOI headcover isn't good enough - it's "floppy" and velcro instead of magnetic.

I resent paying £30 for this, but nobody forced me to.

Mizuno headcover.jpg

Attachments

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Fabulous Frinton on Sea ESSEX
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mizuno MX700 JPX EZ ,GT & ST180 & ST180G
We got a Mizzy fitting day coming up at Frinton I have checked my bank balance so am going. Don't tell my wife please.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
I’m waiting for the new irons to come out in Jan (hopefully) then will be off for a fitting, again domestic line management indoors won’t know and gives me a few months to start selling old kit to help the conversation on ‘nett amount’ they cost haha

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I bought a couple shafts to replace the broken shafts that arrived in the ST-180 driver and 3 wood. They arrived last night and this morning, I cut them and epoxies them into the adapters. They will cure by tomorrow night and I'll decide whether use them Monday or let them cure more. Odds are, I'll wait until next Friday.

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
Well…. Mizuno fitting done and dusted last Thursday, big call out to Simon our regional fitter who was superb. Practically hit everything new from Mizuno.
Iron Wise > settled for the 243’s - simply amazing performance and flight from them. Stuck to my existing shafts
Woods > driver was very good but having recently acquired a TM Stealth I had to stop hitting it quickly. However, the ST-G fairway woods are insane. The 5 wood launch, ball speed, flight with control was just too good not to get, very tempted with a 3 wood but one for the future.
OMOI putters > wow really surprised here, the N0.6 is superbly balanced putter with amazing feel, pity it only comes in 34” atm, touch short for me.
New wedges look good, feel good with great options on bounce.

In short, Mizuno is becoming so much more than an iron company and really needs to boast more about the quality and optionality in their range. Fair play and well done Mizuno.

PS - the new black bag is awesome as well… coming soon I hear.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I bought a club I once had and wish I had never gotten rid of, a 2 hybrid. In this case, it's a JPX800 model.

This is a very useful club for a couple reasons, mostly that for 70 years playing this game, I have always had a love/hate relationship with my fairway woods. I don't know why I can hit my drivers well and my long irons well, but so consistently mishit fairway woods.

The other reason applies specifically to Killian Greens. There are 5 tee shots, 1 par 3 hole around 180 yards long and 4 par 4 holes, where a driver would be too long and wind up in water or OB. Inconsistency hitting a 3 wood off the tee often leaves me having to chip around the corner of a dogleg or with a dangerously long shot into a green with multiple hazards much more in play.

I think this 2 hybrid will see a lot of use and hopefully work out a lot better for me.

shank hobbit

HCP
Local club/country
staddon heights, devon
Irons
mp64 kbs tour stiff 3-pw. Jpx hot metal 50 gap wedge
Driver
Jpx 850 driver Graf blue JPX900 16 hybrid and 22 hybrid
Treated myself to a T22 copper denim 60 x grind wedge .plays great off the hallway carpet.

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Finally got 3k compensation for someone that crashed into the back of my car.

This was last year, April time

Treated myself to STX 220 Driver with upgraded HZRDUS Firm regular. STX220 3 w and 5w.
STX 220 4H +5H +6H
Believe it or not I got the whole lot, new or nearly new for £700 by shopping around.

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
I bought a club I once had and wish I had never gotten rid of, a 2 hybrid. In this case, it's a JPX800 model.

This is a very useful club for a couple reasons, mostly that for 70 years playing this game, I have always had a love/hate relationship with my fairway woods. I don't know why I can hit my drivers well and my long irons well, but so consistently mishit fairway woods.

The other reason applies specifically to Killian Greens. There are 5 tee shots, 1 par 3 hole around 180 yards long and 4 par 4 holes, where a driver would be too long and wind up in water or OB. Inconsistency hitting a 3 wood off the tee often leaves me having to chip around the corner of a dogleg or with a dangerously long shot into a green with multiple hazards much more in play.

I think this 2 hybrid will see a lot of use and hopefully work out a lot better for me.
I was a long iron snob in my younger days Dennis... My mindset was PROPER GOLFERS can hit a 2 iron like Jack.
I love hybrids now. I have no stress now.
A 5 hybrid I can work high or low, left or right and 190. These days I would struggle to hit a 3 iron that far and mostly bad contact.
Hybrids are us senior golfers friend xxx lol 😀

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Finally got 3k compensation for someone that crashed into the back of my car.

This was last year, April time

Treated myself to STX 220 Driver with upgraded HZRDUS Firm regular. STX220 3 w and 5w.
STX 220 4H +5H +6H
Believe it or not I got the whole lot, new or nearly new for £700 by shopping around.
Hi Steve ... Good news on the compensation, though not so good getting rear ended! - Nice selection of clubs at a bargain price!

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Driver
I was a long iron snob in my younger days Dennis... My mindset was PROPER GOLFERS can hit a 2 iron like Jack.
I love hybrids now. I have no stress now.
A 5 hybrid I can work high or low, left or right and 190. These days I would struggle to hit a 3 iron that far and mostly bad contact.
Hybrids are us senior golfers friend xxx lol 😀
It's funny how different we all are as golfers? - Like you, in my younger days, I would have long irons, even a 1 iron, even though I could barely hit it! - However, I could never really get on with hybrids & about 3 or 4 months ago got rid of a 5h that rarely got used, and bought myself a 7 wood - It has quickly become one of my favourite clubs & I use it instead of a 4 iron (& 5h it replaced)

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Speaking of long irons, I’m back on them. Wanted a 2i and hit the new fli hi’s but they weren’t for me. Found a brand new 225 online for half the money and spent the rest on a brand new quality shaft. Made up the club and hey presto. Cheaper than the new clubs and matches by combo set of 221 and 245. And it plays *very* well, outperformed the new fli hi for me by 10 yards 🙌🏻 B33CDC8E-9D80-43CA-8761-CB4CD0FC7A11.jpeg

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
It's funny how different we all are as golfers? - Like you, in my younger days, I would have long irons, even a 1 iron, even though I could barely hit it! - However, I could never really get on with hybrids & about 3 or 4 months ago got rid of a 5h that rarely got used, and bought myself a 7 wood - It has quickly become one of my favourite clubs & I use it instead of a 4 iron (& 5h it replaced)
Yes Paul... understand completely... my old JPX 825 3H 19 degrees with the stock Orochi Stiff is an absolute bomber. Last year I hit a low draw stinger 250 yards on the the green at the par 5 6th... it ran quite a bit. But every time I use it off the tee it is a hook machine, I mean 50 YARDS LEFT!!! My JPX 825 5 wood is just so much more stable and workable.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Driver
Yes Paul... understand completely... my old JPX 825 3H 19 degrees with the stock Orochi Stiff is an absolute bomber. Last year I hit a low draw stinger 250 yards on the the green at the par 5 6th... it ran quite a bit. But every time I use it off the tee it is a hook machine, I mean 50 YARDS LEFT!!! My JPX 825 5 wood is just so much more stable and workable.
250y 3H wow! - I could do that, but so hard not to hook hybrids imho? - Aerodynamic heads with light graphite shafts were "hook monsters" for me! - Fitting a heavy graphite shaft or a steel shaft to match your irons helped me, but in the end 5 & 7 woods work best for me ...

Top Bottom