Today at Justin Timberlake's PGA tourny

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Look who shot 66 63 to be out in the lead after two rounds at the wonderfully named "Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open" in Las Vegas

Hint : he's a Mizuno staffer

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
THAT was the most ridiculous ending to a tournament EVER !!

In virtually pitch blackness in the 5th(?) extra hole of a 3 man play off - the players were asked if they wanted to continue because it was hard to see where the green was.

Up steps our man Jonathan Byrd and he only goes and aces the par 3 17th 204yards for the win. It was so dark he didn't realise it had gone in.

Oh. My. Gosh.

Logie

HCP
Local club/country
Fleetwood GC/UK http://www.fleetwoodgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno MP Fli H4 3 & 4 Irons; MP64 5 - PW irons; MP T-10 52 & 58 deg wedges all with NS Pro 1150 G stiff shafts: MP650 22 degree hybrid regular Orochi shaft.
Driver
JPX 850 10.5 degrees: Fujikura Motore Speeder VC6.3 Stiff.
Bit too late over here to watch. I heard about the spectacular finish though from a friend who watched it in the UK.

Just goes to show, trust your swing and your clubs, especially if they are Mizunos.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5CvsG7olm0

It was alot darker than the tv cameras show there - when it cut to the studio it was virtually blackness behind them.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Yeah, I noticed that at a tournament this year too - the cameras can make it look much brighter than it appears to the human eye! Wimbledon too this year with that marathon match that broke all the records - it looked fine on TV, but it was getting far too dark to see the ball.

I watched the video - THAT's why I love this game!! Did you see the reaction of his fellow players? They looked GENUINELY pleased for him!! And he looked almost embarrassed to win with a (dare I say) "fluke" hole in 1.

But if you're gonna win a tournament, I can't think of a better way to do it!!

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!

ChuckD

HCP
Local club/country
Sydney
Irons
MP59 KBS Tour, MP T4 50, MP-T10 54, MP-T 58
Driver
Callaway Octane Tour 9.5 ProLaunch Red Xstiff
I was watching the replay in bed and I dozed off for 2 seconds and missed it..I saw the replays again, but missed the actual shot as they showed it. I woke up to everyone high fiving and Byrd shaking his head and Im like "what the"..great shot and what a time to do it. Lets not forget about Garrido's second in Spain.

Top Bottom