playing in the cold, mizuno 3 layer system, which 2nd layer?

bcgolf

HCP
Local club/country
GC Witbos / Belgium
Irons
Mizuno MX-25 / 3-PW
Driver
Ping G15 / 9° / Stiff Aldila Serrano
I'm about to pull the trigger on some wintergear. As a Mizuno fanboy I'm going for the 3 layer system as presented on the website http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/apparel/

layer 1:
I'm buying the "breath thermo virtual body high neck" as my base layer. (which I hope is not compression)

layer 2:
I'm in doubt here between two things.
I'd love to wear the "breath thermo xtreme mock", which is said to be a 2nd layer on the site I will buy (http://www.golfbuyitonline.com/Mizuno-Breath-Thermo-Xtreme-Mock-Clothing.php), but is a 1st layer according to Mizuno. What I love about it is that it seems long so I can tuck it into my pants. What makes me doubt it is that it also is a breath thermo fabric, same as my base layer, so I don't know if they will work together well.
So alternatively if I have to follow Mizuno, I'll have to go for the "warmalite 1/4 zip" (http://www.golfbuyitonline.com/Mizuno-Warmalite-1-4-Zip-Thermal.php) as my 2nd layer. It's the insulation layer. Sounds nice and all, but if you look closely it has some kind of strappy thingy (don't know the correct term, I'm not an English speaker) on the bottom, which suggests a shorter model which will be hard to tuck into my pants.

layer 3:
I am picking the "windlite fleece" softshell from Mizuno's 2nd layer catalog for my 3rd layer since it is windproof (windlite) and water repellent (impermalite) and I allready have a rain jacket.

So my biggest question is .. what is my best pick for the second layer ? All info and experience wellcome from the Mizuno clan.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Re: playing in the cold, mizuno 3 layer system, which 2nd la

The Warmalite 1/4 zip is great. Though quite a few of us also wear the Extreme Mock as a 2nd layer. Technically it's a 1st layer ( i know people that do wear it that way). But it works really well as a 2nd layer.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff

If it was me, I'd pick either the Breath Thermo Wool Mock or the Breath Thermo Extreme Wool Mock as my second layer!

The others would be too bulky for a second layer. If you were to choose one of the three "mid layers", can you imagine trying to swing a club with a third layer on top???

I think the drilite long sleeved shirt, the Breath Thermo Wool Mock and the Breath Thermo Extreme Wool Mock should be re-classified as "mid layers".

JMHO...

D.

bcgolf

HCP
Local club/country
GC Witbos / Belgium
Irons
Mizuno MX-25 / 3-PW
Driver
Ping G15 / 9° / Stiff Aldila Serrano

Thanks for the input guys. I'm leaning towards the extreme mock as my 2nd layer as I can tuck that in to my pants really well, and since I can wear it as a 1st layer too.

Top Bottom