HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Blackhawk CC
Irons
Ping i-25 irons, KBS C Taper + stiff, Red/white Golf Pride NDMC
Driver
Ping G , 10.5 loft, Alta S shafft, , Red/white Golf Pride NDMC
Just got done getting fit with the new Mizuno fitting system. OMG!!!!!! We now have a fitting tool that measures swing speed, transition, wrist angle retention and toe down effect. Then the numbers are plugged into a computer and it reccommends several shaft options. The shafts are then threaded into the heads you want to try and you can really see the difference!

Got to hit the new models too, the MP-58 going into the bag asap. Saw the MX-1000, MP-68 and MX-300 and the new wedges, what a strong line up. Can't wait to get the 58's.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Which fitting centre did you visit???

Sounds awesome!!

Can any of the Mizuno staffers tell us if the British fitting centres are getting equiped with this kit???

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP57 4-PW PX5.5, MPR 52/56/60, 909H-19o Rescue, C-05 Bettinardi
Driver
909D3 9.5 Matrix Xcon6 S TM R7 15o
Sounds like Mizuno are late to the party but a step ahead.

Is it like tke other systems from TM/Titleist ?
Iron Heads with various lies and swap shafts ?

I just posted a question under equiptment about Shafts/Spin could you have some answers ?

What shafts did you try in Irons ?

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP57 4-PW PX5.5, MPR 52/56/60, 909H-19o Rescue, C-05 Bettinardi
Driver
909D3 9.5 Matrix Xcon6 S TM R7 15o
Sorry post was under custom fitting not equiptment.

IRON SHAFTS - LOWER SPIN / MIZUNO STAFF FITTER

dfarron

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Blackhawk CC
Irons
Driver
I am in the US and am the Mizuno Tech Rep for our area in Northern Ohio. I also work at a private club in my area.

The system so far is only available for irons. There is a fitting iron you hit that establishes the data. Then the fitter connects the shafts with the heads. There are LH heads as well as "A" and "B" weight heads.

The system was actually developed for drivers and Mizuno expects to have a driver fitting system soon.

I learned a lot from the fitting. I had suspected that I was playing with too high a kick point and too stiff a shaft. I has some MP-67's with Project X 6.0. Lost a lot of distance and ball flight a little low. Switched to MX-200 with Project X 5.5 and have been hitting the ball better. I like a blade look better so the MP-58 was a great mix with the Nippon shaft. I think if I had had a Nippon in the MP-67 I would have been very happy.

As a fitter and a golf professional, I know that I should be playing the lighest, most flexible shaft I can control. However pride had entered in. I got straight when I read that Colin Montgomerie used 5.0 in MX-200's when he tried Mizuno last fall in the World Cup.

BTW-I see you are from Scotland. I visited there 10 years ago and can't wait to go back. You are blessed to live there.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
dfarron said:
BTW-I see you are from Scotland. I visited there 10 years ago and can't wait to go back. You are blessed to live there.
Don't I know it!! We have an embarrasment of riches up here in Scotland when it comes to great golf courses!

I live in Glasgow and have around 150 courses within a 1hr drive and around 300 courses within a 2hr drive! And these are some spectacular courses!!

Spoiled for choice!! But the one downside is that we don't have particularly great weather!! :-( Ach well, you can't have everything ;-)

dfarron

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Blackhawk CC
Irons
Driver
Yes and you have great people in Scotland. They were so warm and friendly. I can't wait to get back!

Top Bottom