MX300 with KBS Shafts

HCP
Local club/country
None (ex EGU)
Irons
Mizuno MP-52 4-PW, Nippon 950 Reg Shafts, Mizuno MP-T 56 Deg Wedge, Cleveland Niblick 42 Deg, Odyssey Black Series 9
Driver
Callaway FTIQ 11 Degree Regular Fubuki shaft
Evening all,

My never ending search for the perfect set of irons goes on and I've been given the opportunity to purchase an 'as new' set of MX300's with KBS Tour shafts (s) from American Golf for £350. These would replace some Ping I15's which perform well but I just can't get used to the cast feel. I'm a fussy bugger I know.

I'm happy with the deal but I wondered what the other forum members generally felt about the MX300's peformance/forgiveness ratio and ideally with the KBS shafts in place? They get plenty of good reviews on the websites but I've never actually spoken to anyone to owns them and uses them in action.

Or if it were you would you spend the extra £170 to get MP53's or JPX800 Proswhich supposedly have bigger MOI's than the 300's. I'm playing of 16 at the moment having dropped from 19 at the start of the year and targetting low teens by spring as I'm working on my swing. Ball striking is generally good.

Cheers.

Smokey

Alastair Gibson

HCP
Local club/country
FIFE
Smokey, the fairly simple answer to your question is that is a very good iron and the kbs shaft is a very good shaft! The problem question is however are they good for you? If you get a good chance to hit them and like them and the resulting ball flight suits your eye then take the bargain. What I would say is that getting a club which is custom fitted correctly to ur height, lie angle and swing character may be worth the extra coin. The confidence from knowing ur equipment is perfect for you is hard to put a value on. Al

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
KBS are getting Tour play, and the pro fitter who fitted me for MP68s told me he had a set ordered, so I see no problem whatsoever. In fact it sounds like a great combo. I have the KBS shafts and they are very smooth but consistent. I may have added a few yards on my iron shots too.

ChuckD

HCP
Local club/country
Sydney
Irons
MP59 KBS Tour, MP T4 50, MP-T10 54, MP-T 58
Driver
Callaway Octane Tour 9.5 ProLaunch Red Xstiff
I have them in my 200's. Bloody lovém. They just made buttery soft forged irons even nicer.

HCP
Local club/country
None (ex EGU)
Irons
Mizuno MP-52 4-PW, Nippon 950 Reg Shafts, Mizuno MP-T 56 Deg Wedge, Cleveland Niblick 42 Deg, Odyssey Black Series 9
Driver
Cheers for the replies.

I guess I was waiting for someone to say "I bbloody love them"!

I know I need to really get down to New Malden and have a custom fit session but somehow it just seems easier to buy them , play them and then sell on if they 'don't work'!

Danz

HCP
Local club/country
The Shropshire GC
Irons
JPX 850 Forged 4-PW
Driver
Nike Vapor Pro
Smokey, if you don't want them please send me the details of the branch that are selling them and I'll bite their hands off.

Thanks.

HCP
Local club/country
None (ex EGU)
Irons
Driver
But you've already appear to have a set?

I know I'm bad with irons but having two of the same set is just greedy! ;-)

Top Bottom