MP-62 Swingweight

HCP
Local club/country
Tammer-golf
Irons
mp-62
Driver
Titleist 910
Hello. I play mp-62 black nickel irons with DG S300 shafts. Originally the irons had SL S300 shafts but my local pro changed them easily according to my request to more familiar DG shaft. The iron heads feel a bit on the light side. I shoud go to measure swingweights but for curiosity are there different weighed iron heads in the factory and perhaps swingweight became lighter when the shafts were changed?

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
Peter H said:
Hello. I play mp-62 black nickel irons with DG S300 shafts. Originally the irons had SL S300 shafts but my local pro changed them easily according to my request to more familiar DG shaft. The iron heads feel a bit on the light side. I shoud go to measure swingweights but for curiosity are there different weighed iron heads in the factory and perhaps swingweight became lighter when the shafts were changed?
As far as my understanding goes, there are different weighted heads in the factory. Lighter heads are normally used for clubs custom fitted longer than standard (longer the shaft the higher the swingweight) so the use of lighter heads counters the shaft length. E.g. I play MP62 black nickel that are +0.5" length. Special lightweight heads were used to get the C9 swingweight I wanted.

Question I would have is, has your pro kept the same length of shaft exactly to the spec of your old ones?

If the answer is yes, then the difference could be weight of new versus old shaft (new could be lighter). You could compare the information (available on the web) as total weight of the shaft can differ, which I believe could impact the swingweight.

As a rule of thumb, swingweights on irons can vary between C8-D2 (generally) but each player has his own individual preference.

HCP
Local club/country
Tammer-golf
Irons
mp-62
Driver
Titleist 910
OK. They do have the same length. I was playing one week on Canary islands with my older mp-67 set and I thought they were a little more head heavy but I now compared them side to side and really can´t tell the difference. Anyway I like the 62´s a lot and was really missing that soft feeling and little more forgiveness during my trip. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom