Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
A touch overshadowed by the WGC, but over in Japan the MP-53 won our own tournament - The Mizuno Classic. First tour win for the MP-53.

http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/news/index.php?article=2010_11_09_MP_53_s_win_Mizuno_Classic

danapu2000

Local club/country
Campanino Golf Club / Italy
Irons
Mizuno MX25 5-PW Exsar IS2 Regular
Driver
Titleist 910D2 Aldila RIP60a regular
congratulation to Jiyai Shin

MPX why Jiyai Shin is not in the list of the Mizuno player in the web site?!?

i would curious to know her shaft also

thanks
Daniele

ChuckD

HCP
Local club/country
Sydney
Irons
MP59 KBS Tour, MP T4 50, MP-T10 54, MP-T 58
Driver
Callaway Octane Tour 9.5 ProLaunch Red Xstiff
surelu she is pretty new on the payroll. I have watched her play plenty of golf but have never noticed her playing Mizzies. Way to anyway. I think I just talked a work colleague into getting a set of 53's.

Local club/country
Northern California
I believe that her prior set was Mizuno as well. However, because she is not signed to an endorsement contract, Mizuno cannot use her name or likeness in their advertising.

Same as if Luke were to win a tournament, all Odyssey would be able to say is "the winner of the xxx Open used an Odyssey putter".

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
She isn't a Mizuno staffer but I would guess her current company has an open ended club deal so she can openly play what she likes.

It appears the women's contracts aren't as cut and dried as the mens as they have to chase the money so you'll often see their main bag sponsor being a non golf brand. As a result of this there's often different makes of clubs in each bag.

Just an example

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/389979-2010-lpga-owens-corning-classics-part-1-thanks-sakman/

(there's another 8 pages of that if you're interested....

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Correct - she's not contracted to Mizuno. So we can't use her image etc.

However, she has used Mizuno irons for sometime. The MP-53's are new into her bag.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
MPX said:
Correct - she's not contracted to Mizuno. So we can't use her image etc.
Don't worry MPX... If I win anything next year, I'll let you use my image!! ;-) lol

D.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Just finished watching Stacy Lewis @ the Lorena Ochoa - she's striking it really well and well in contention.

It's set up really well with the top 10 all within 3 shots and reading like a who's who of women's golf.

danapu2000

Local club/country
Campanino Golf Club / Italy
Irons
Mizuno MX25 5-PW Exsar IS2 Regular
Driver
Titleist 910D2 Aldila RIP60a regular
BigPete said:
Just finished watching Stacy Lewis @ the Lorena Ochoa - she's striking it really well and well in contention.

It's set up really well with the top 10 all within 3 shots and reading like a who's who of women's golf.
I'm also a big fans of lpga my favouite was of course Lorena. Stacy swing is very good her problem is that she lock like never enjoy on the course she lock having to much stress for this reason i prefer other players

ChuckD

HCP
Local club/country
Sydney
Irons
MP59 KBS Tour, MP T4 50, MP-T10 54, MP-T 58
Driver
Callaway Octane Tour 9.5 ProLaunch Red Xstiff
Stacy should not be even playing golf at the level she is. its a dead set miracle she does what she does and she could be in some pain some days due to her condition.

Top Bottom