HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Public Courses
Irons
JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver
JPX-EZ
Personally, I love my 900 Hot Metal irons. With them fitted for me, I can't imagine a better golf club unless I could still swing consistently enough to play a forged iron.

It's funny, but the way I see it, a lot of game improvement Mizuno clubs look like what other lines refer to as their pro club. It's just the look on the back of the club I'm talking about, not the sole, but it seems so many pro line clubs these days have gone to a cavity back look. Not too many still make a muscle back blade, do they?

WalkerCup

HCP
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919Tour 1 Deg up plus 1/2Project X LZ 6.5 4-PW
Driver
Titleist TS3 9.5 VTS Proforce 70 Stiff
Spot on Dennis. It's not like a game improvement ping or callaway iron.

Local club/country
Northern Ireland
Just changed my Mizuno JPX900 hot metal irons to the new JPX919 hot metal. I have hit a bucket of balls and played one round but I do notice a positive difference at this early stage. Will update after a few more rounds but happy with the change.

HCP
Local club/country
Chilliwack Golf and Country Club
Irons
Mizuno MP18 MMC and Mizuno S18 Gunmetal wedges
The HM Pro are very intriguing irons to me. When I tested them on the LM, the numbers were excellent. Compared to my MMC 7i, they launched similar, had similar spin, higher peak by 2 yards, steeper descent angle and 6 yards more carry. They also felt great and offered more forgiveness on mishits. I liked them so much I tested the 5i and PW against my MMC’s. All the above differences remained with subtle differences that didn’t harm performance. I have had the good fortune to test the HM pros on the course. Hitting them out of the rough and getting high and low shot was no problem. Their solid performance has put them on my radar. And here I thought I was set to have another season with my MMC‘S.

WalkerCup

HCP
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919Tour 1 Deg up plus 1/2Project X LZ 6.5 4-PW
Driver
Titleist TS3 9.5 VTS Proforce 70 Stiff
Pull the trigger and get them bought! Thanks for the feedback they sound winners.

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
JPX919 Forged 4-GW
Driver
Callaway EPIC
Anybody put these in a split set with the forged
I've got a full set of 919 forged but just ordered a 4 and 5 iron in the Hot Metal Pro (no loft changes).

When I was fitted for the forged they suggested the Hot Metal in a 4 and 5 but they felt a bit chunky so I didn't bother. That was before the Hot Metal Pro was released though.

I've also noticed that my forged 5 iron doesn't seem to go much further than my 6 iron so i'm hoping the Hot Metal Pro will do the trick.

Top Bottom