Hi fellow mizzy fans

wally

HCP
Local club/country
Caldwell Golf Club
Irons
MIZUNO MX300
HI,

Been a member for 4 months now, but it was at a time when i was looking to return to the good side.
Just bought my new set of MP62 black nickel irons. Coming tomorrow. Saturday cant come quick enough to get them in play.

Looking for the best advice on how to look after them, as im not rich and wont be able to afford another set for a long time, well until i retire? Dont mind headcovers at all, because the only noise worse than FORE on a golf course is clang, clang of clubs.

Read some of the posts on here and if DEEMAC reads this, "you crack me up with some of your comments, especially the book"

Wally

Logie

HCP
Local club/country
Fleetwood GC/UK http://www.fleetwoodgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno MP Fli H4 3 & 4 Irons; MP64 5 - PW irons; MP T-10 52 & 58 deg wedges all with NS Pro 1150 G stiff shafts: MP650 22 degree hybrid regular Orochi shaft.
Driver
JPX 850 10.5 degrees: Fujikura Motore Speeder VC6.3 Stiff.
Welcome to the forum.

The best way to look after your clubs is first of all to use them and enjoy the purity of feel that you get with a well struck shot, from a Mizuno.

After each round or practice session, cleam the iron using a sponge, cloth or toothbrush as appropriate and then dry them off with a towel and leave them to air before putting head covers on.

I believe Mizunos deserve to be used and enjoyed.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Hi Wally!! Welcome to the forum...

Nice to see that you have enjoyed some of my posts. Thanks for that...

Just to echo Logie - I use headcovers, which I think is a huge factor in keeping the clubs pristine. If you choose this option, there are a couple of things to look out for...

Take the covers off the minute you get back home! Wash the club heads in warm water and use a toothbrush to clean out your grooves (BTW - this should only take a couple of minutes). Avoid using anything abrasive to clean your clubs!!!!

A quick dry off with a towel and the warm water you used to wash your clubs will have heated the club-head up so that when you stick the clubs back in the bag, the warmth in the club head will ensure that any residual moisture will evaporate quickly.

Keep them stored in a dry environment with the head covers OFF.

Don't forget to give your grips a good clean once in a while (every 5 - 10 rounds)!!

BTW - your new clubs will look fabulous in black nickel, however it WILL get scratched on the face and will start to dissappear on the face and the sole over time, there's nothing you can do about this, so don't let it get to you...

Other than that - enjoy using the best clubs on the market...

wally

HCP
Local club/country
Caldwell Golf Club
Irons
MIZUNO MX300
Thanks for the advice.

Got them yesterday. Driving range last night. Shermaned 8/10. But then got it sweet. What a feeling. WOW.

Another issue i have is i hit a 6 iron about as high as my mates hit a wedge. Really need to send them to Cumbernauld to get the loft and lie adjusted. Any idea how long this takes? Play every Sat and dont want to be without them. Or could it just be my swing. This has happened on every set of clubs ive had, and as much as my 6 iron lands soft because of the height, im loosing too much distance. Hit 6 iron about 145 YDS.

Thanks for the replies.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
wally said:
Thanks for the advice.

Got them yesterday. Driving range last night. Shermaned 8/10. But then got it sweet. What a feeling. WOW.

Another issue i have is i hit a 6 iron about as high as my mates hit a wedge. Really need to send them to Cumbernauld to get the loft and lie adjusted. Any idea how long this takes? Play every Sat and dont want to be without them. Or could it just be my swing. This has happened on every set of clubs ive had, and as much as my 6 iron lands soft because of the height, im loosing too much distance. Hit 6 iron about 145 YDS.

Thanks for the replies.
If you're hitting the ball high - it might not be the clubs!! Don't do anything rash with the clubs!!!

Adjusting lofts is really a LAST resort!!! Invest in a couple of lessons FIRST and find out why you are launching the ball so high. Then work on your swing over the winter with your new clubs and you will be ready for next season with your clubs in tact, and a SWING that will keep the ball down.

D.

Market11

Local club/country
hongkong
Look Here, They are Cheap Golf Clubs

Now golf is played on a wide area measured in hundreds of yards, and the distance to cover is intimidating all by itself to many players, especially women. Moving the golf ball of cheap golf clubs 200+ yards is a matter of technique, but it is a subtle technique consisting of timing, and proper form. Even the beginner has a clubhead speed in excess of 60 mph! Of course in addition to distance you still have to find the ball, so accuracy cannot be neglected. ishiner

wally

HCP
Local club/country
Caldwell Golf Club
Irons
MIZUNO MX300
Just a quick update.

Spoke to my pro and gave him charge of my new clubs with the spec from my custom fit previously at the national fitting centre.

1st time out- duffed a few by dropping in the downswing and getting the ground first.
2nd time out better. MUCH BETTER
3rd outing- WOW, now im used to the altered loft and lie, im really improving my GIR. Ball striking is superb.

Handicap be warned. YOUR GETTING IT NEXT SEASON. Im going to keep the practice up all winter and get whacked next year.

Mizzies are the best

Dave Lyall

HCP
Local club/country
Kirriemuir Golf Club, Scotland
Irons
Mizuno MP30 3-Pw, Black Ox Wedges,52,54 & 56, Titleist 985 19 Stiff Hybrid,Cleveland Hi Bore 17 Stiff Hybrid
Driver
Titleist 909D2,9.5 Degree, Stiff Aldila Voodoo Shaft
Hi Wally.
Welcome to the forum and I must congratulate you on a great choice of irons.
Glad to see you are making headway and with your dedication and determination I am sure you will have much success when the new season comes around.
As Deemac and I are both in the using the headcover camp I can only echo the advice he has given you to ensure you keep your pride and joy mizzies in tip top condition.
Now your getting used to the set up of the irons I'm sure you will go from strength to strength, and sure there will be times when you think the golfing gods are against you but hey that's what's great about this forum,a great bunch of mizzie players willing to share the burden and give some helpful hints and tips, and, if all else fails a shoulder to cry on !
Remember as someone once said "a bad day on the golf course is still better than a good day at work".
Keep plugging away and keep posting your progress for us all to enjoy.

Top Bottom