Bit of retro folks 🙂😊👍

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Dug out a few old faithfulls from over 20 years ago.

2001 carry bag.

300S Driver, Vijay's winning big bat in 2000 at Augusta. Fujikura Vista 70 stiff

F60 3 + 5w , exsar 70g stiff.

MP33 2 to PW. PW was 48. S300

MPT Raw 53 and 58.

Putter was an MD blade, couldnt find a Miz Napa at the time.

I just wish I could hit that set up now, bah humbug! Mid 30s then to late 50s now. Hybrids, regular shafts and JPX900 HM cavity big irons now. And a big STX220 with a regular shaft.
Sadly time catches up on us all my friends, just have to accept it ha ha 😔😔
Smudger 😉😉

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
I would leave out the 5w when it was windy and leave out the 2i if it was calm and a bit soft underfoot. How I ever hit that 2i God only knows 😅😅

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
Oh man… now you’ve made me want to go exploring in the loft - got loads of retro kit up there… Faldo TP Wilson putter he won masters with 1st time, Taylormade spoon…. Loads of old putters / drivers… plus a set of MP9s TP somewhere… will post some pics in due course

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Those are just every kind of gorgeous. I wish i could still use irons like that efficiently.

My set isn't anywhere nearly as retro, MX1000 irons going back to 2010, but they are enough of a game improvement design to help me compare them reasonably to my other set, Cleveland HB Turbo all hybrid irons that are a 2019 model. Going back much farther wouldn't leave me able to effectively enjoy using anything else, regardless how beautiful the old clubs are.

Top Bottom