WITB

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, STG 180 3Wood, JPX 900 Rescue 19 degree , MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree
Hi Tony,

I'm finding it ok I've used it without any problems so far, I used it on my Powakaddy electric golf trolley where it sat nicely in an upright position and as it should held securely in place by the top and bottom elastic straps as can be seen in the photo of Greg and myself,
I also found it to be a reasonable roomy bag with two small side zipped pockets and two larger full length side zipped pockets one on each side to hold all that you would need, and three smaller front pockets for golf balls and all the other personal belongings you might need to carry that's a total of eight zipped pockets and one small front pocket with a magnetic top flap , the top of the bag for your clubs has 14 way full length dividers and a separate outside umbrella holder. View attachment 10542 View attachment 10543

I now use it on my sit on golf buggy as can be seen in the other photo and again it sits in the correct position without any problems,

Hope that helps you Tony.

Cheers John :)
Thanks John

Big help.

You and Greg are looking very well, good to see :)

All the best

Tony

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I recently bought a CLK 2 hybrid, 16*, with hopes I could replace my 3 wood. It's been fantastic so far and if I get to hit it a few more times this week, my 3 wood might wind up in the closet or on eBay. I hit two shots yesterday in the 185 yard range. I'm not actually losing any distance with the hybrid, and in fact, I'm hitting it consistently while I tend to top the 3 wood a lot.

Last edited:

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
I recently bought a CLK 2 hybrid, 16*, with hopes I could replace my 3 wood. It's been fantastic so far and if I get to hit it a few more times this week, my 3 wood might wind up in the closet or on eBay. I hit two shots yesterday in the 185 yard range. I'm not actually losing any distance with the hybrid, and in fact, I'm hitting it consistently while I tend to top the 3 wood a lot.
I've been using a 17* mp650 hybrid in place of a 3 wood for a few years now. Works great off tee or fairway ..or rough..

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I've been using a 17* mp650 hybrid in place of a 3 wood for a few years now. Works great off tee or fairway ..or rough..
Yep! I may have mentioned before, at Killian Greens, I need this club for about 9 shots, a combination of 2nd shots on par 5 holes, tee shots on some par 4 holes and on one par 3 hole. I can't afford to mishit the 3 wood as often as I do, usually topping it. Even if I lose a bit of distance with the 2 hybrid, but make good contact, I'm ahead of what I've been doing.

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
After a few trials & errors I made a few changes, and I think I might have finally got a set up for my bag that I'm fairly happy with..!.

I've already played 4 rounds with the new set up and the results are so far looking good..!, an other thing that has helped my game move forward is that in the last week I had a putter fitting/lesson with a PGA teaching Pro on the SAM Lab system as I've never had my putting scrutinised to see what if anything was wrong or could be improved about it, we did a half hour indoor session on the SAM Lab and the statistics showed that my putting stroke was very sound and consistent.

We then did an other half hour session out door on the practice putting green where I had various types of putts to make with different degrees of difficulty i.e., left/right up hill down hill long and short putts and this is the area of my putting that I need to work on as it showed that my green reading skills are not as good as they could be and that's what's letting my putting down..!

Mizuno STX230 12 Deg Helium Nanocore Senior flex

Mizuno ST-Z 3 Wood 15 Deg Even flow Riptide 50 Regular Flex

Cleveland Launcher XL HALO 18 Deg 3+ Hy-Wood Project-X Forty 5.0 Senior flex

Mizuno JPX 923 FLI-HI 20 Deg 4 Hybrid iron UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 460 F2 senior flex Graphite shaft

Mizuno JPX 923 HM 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil ESX F2 Senior flex Graphite shaft

Cleveland RTX 50/54/58 Deg Dynamic Gold Spinner Wedge flex Steel shafts

Odyssey Toe Up #9 Stroke Balanced Putter.

IMG_7054.jpg IMG_7054.jpg

Cheers

John.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Looks really good... I have a few friends playing the Cleveland wedges and the occasional shot I've hit with them have impressed me.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Looking good John.

Did you consider the S23 wedges before going for the Cleveland ones?

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
Looking good John.

Did you consider the S23 wedges before going for the Cleveland ones?
Thanks Lee, That's me just seeing your comment regarding the Cleveland wedges,

To answer you question no I didn't look at the S23 wedges although I have used Mizuno wedges in the past I opted for the RTX's after a friend let me have a go with his and I was very impressed with how they performed..!, shortly after that I got the opportunity to pick up a set of the Clevelands at a good price so I bought them,
I've had them in the bag now for a wee while and I really like them,

Cheers John :)

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
It pains me to write this, but with my game not satisfying me much, (contrary to my one great 9 holes early this week), I'm about to change my irons for another brand. I have sold my JPX900 Hot Metals and they are being replaced with a set of Japanese made PRGR irons.

The heads are lighter and tolerate my need to extend the length better. Also, the lofts are slightly stronger and in testing, my thoughts of how far I should hit each iron matched up pretty well with what I remember from a few years ago, before the shoulder surgeries and all that. I have never gotten used to my lack of strength and never figured out well enough how far I hit each club, so this makes a pretty nice improvement for me.

I have kept my Mizuno ST-Z driver, my CLK 2 hybrid and old 56* forged SW. And that's my Bichon Frise, "Hogan" in the background.

PRGR IRON.jpg

Last edited:

tomvk77

HCP
Local club/country
GC de Koepel, netherlands
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged KBS Tour Stiff 4-pw
Driver
Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10.5 set to 9.5
I finally pulled the trigger.
My first Mizuno combo set.
Mizuno pro 223 6/gw
Mizuno pro 225 4/5 iron
Already a proud owner off the Mizuno Pro FliHi 3 iron
Together with my Rogue ST max LS driver and rogue ST max 3wood
Vokey wedges 55 and 60
Ping Anser 2D putter
This is my dream set 2.0

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
The zx5s arrived yesterday, 5-pw with a 4i and gw to follow early August when back in stock. Will give them a hit tonight if the rain stays off. Nippon modus NS pro 105x, 1 degree flat. Not as pretty as the 54s but adding some help for sure and feel just as nice.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Among certain friends, plus some nephews who are avid golfers, I have become known as a Mizuno equipment lover. Yesterday was the 3rd time someone called me to say a friend had a set of Mizuno irons with senior flex shafts they were selling and would I be interested in them? It's a set of the MP-H5 irons, a model I once played and liked a lot. I'll see them later today and considering what the guy wants for them, I'd say the odds are, I'll buy them. I don't need them, but it might be interesting to compare them to the MP-H4 set i have and keep one or the other.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I passed on the MP-H5 set. It had mixed shafts and most were ladies flex, not senior. I don't know how much difference there would have been, but they make the differentiation for a reason, so...

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Here we go again. Among friends and relatives who know I'm partial to Mizuno equipment, I have yet again been approached about a set of irons for sale. They are 919 HM, 5-GW, senior graphite, 1/2" extra long. Now, spec and model wise, this is a set i could be very interested in. Since my wife is outof the country for the next 10 days, (yes, I'm behaving myself), I don't have a schedule to keep, so I'll probably go look at them up in West Palm Beach around Wednesday.

(edit) Bought them... They look good, though I was confused about the shafts. They are KBS TGI 60 gram graphite shafts. I've never seen a shaft that didn't say what flex it is, but we looked on the web and apparently the 60 gramis senior flex, 70 gram is regular, etc. Heads and shafts are in good shape and apparently the set has pured shafts. I wonder, with the state of my game, whether it'll actually make any noticeable difference to me?

My clubs are usually at least 1" extra long, but these feel good in my hands and I think I'll leave them at 1/2" longer. I'll stick my usual satin oversize grips on them tonight and maybe go hit balls tomorrow. i already hit them into my net before I bought them and they felt good, even though they had standard size Golf Pride Multi Compound grips on them. I hate those things. They hurt my hands.

I guess I'll compare them to my PRGR set, not that I expect each iron to compare number to number. The lofts on the PRGR set are extremely strong. (How's a 41* pitching wedge sound to you?), but the Mizunos have a more normal gap, club to club and when it gets to the short irons, that will make a difference to me.

My wife will be out of town until the 25th, so i have plenty of time to work myself into this set.

(2nd edit) Here's the bag as it is for tomorrow. I've been using a couple Cleveland wedges, and I really like them, so the old Mizuno sand wedge has a lot to live up to.

Set.JPG

Last edited:

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I was just offered a set of MX1000 irons, 4-PW, senior flex Exxar shafts. For $165, I couldn't pass that up. The MX1000 is the first model of Mizuno iron i ever had. I loved that iron with the bigger head and big sole, not to mention such a nice feel compared to the Taylormades I was gaming up until then. I should receive them around the middle of next week.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Great buy Dennis - Always nice to get an "old friend" (or friends in this case) back in the bag - I still have my first set of MX irons (MX20's) which are at my pals place in Northern Spain - Scary to think they are nearly 24 years old now! ...

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Fabulous Frinton on Sea ESSEX
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mizuno MX700 JPX EZ ,GT & ST180 & ST180G
I still have my MP53's they come out quite often and feel so good and 53 was the year I was born so we have this attraction for life.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Great buy Dennis - Always nice to get an "old friend" (or friends in this case) back in the bag - I still have my first set of MX irons (MX20's) which are at my pals place in Northern Spain - Scary to think they are nearly 24 years old now! ...
The other thing about the MX-1000 set that was my first Mizuno iron is, it's the first graphite shaft iron set I used and the positive feelings they provided for my wrists and elbows sold me immediately. I've seen some really good deals on irons with steel shafts and have never had the desire to give up graphite for steel again.

Also, it was the acquisition of those irons that inspired me to join this forum, so all you guys can lay the blame on that model... :)

Top Bottom