HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
About a year ago, I tried a set of Cobra F8 One Length irons with senior shafts. I lengthened them 2" and backweighted them with 50 grams of lead. You'd laugh if you saw how I did it, but as tall as I am, the one length concept works well for me.

My problem is, I really wish Mizuno made a set of one length irons. The Cobras are OK, but every time I hit one and it feels good, it's still not the feel of a Mizuno.

PLEASE MAKE ME A ONE LENGTH SET!!!!!

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Local club/country
Charlotte, NC
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4-GW
Driver
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9° Project X Even Flow Black
Just got my Hot Metal Pros in and still have some changes in mind but will probably wait until next year. Nice to be back in Mizuno irons.
IMG_20200716_143035.jpg

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
My new clubs are held up in shipment on Fedex. They grossly under performed after being paid for overnight shipping. I have been advised that regardless of their on time policy remaining as it has been for years, they are way behind in moving goods, not that weather is coming into play in any way. It's odd that UPS is having no such problems and stuff I'm receiving from places where snow was much worse than Maryland, where the clubs are coming from, are all arriving on time.

This has created an interesting problem and it's kind of funny to say... Since I have packed up the return and trade in clubs...

Right now, for the first time in 66 years playing this honorable game, I do not own a set of clubs.

WITB? It's empty...

Last edited:

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
The driver and irons are out for delivery today. The 3 wood is apparently stuck in Indianapolis with no scheduled delivery date. It's been there without moving over 48 hours and in talking to a Fedex customer service rep about it this morning, it was obvious they don't care.

I'm working on a few other things to get them out of the way, in hopes the clubs arrive early enough to work on them today.

I need to extend the irons, then backweight them. The driver will only need a new grip as long as it hasn't been shortened somewhere along the line.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
IIt's getting there, if only the 3 wood would arrive. I found a matching SW and I really like the looks of it. Elsewhere in this forum, I asked what the SW would be with the thinnest sole and this might be it.

I have a 4 hybrid and a 5 wood coming to fill out the set as far as what options I give myself to tailor the club selection for various conditions. I'm debating whether to add a lob wedge. I do little more than get in trouble trying to use a LW, other than as an extra SW when i short side myself.

(Edit) The 3 wood finally left Indianapolis and has arrived in Miami. Hopefully it will be delivered Monday or Tuesday. My new stand bag arrives Wednesday. My hybrid and 5 wood are supposed to arrive Thursday. Now, where so I buy a new golf game?

(Edit - The Sequel) My 4 hybrid came today. The 3 wood was stuck in Indianapolis, but now, 36 hours after arriving in Miami, seems to be stuck here. I think I'll pick it up on Wednesday if it hasn't arived by tomorrow.

(Edit again, 3/11) The 5 wood is still outstanding, but it's only a utility club for me. Here's the set and bag, finally complete. Needless to say, now that I have the clubs in the bag I want, nobody can play tomorrow and I have to wait until Monday.

BTW - The bag is a model BR-D3. It's exactly what I like, a stand bag, no 14 way dividers, reasonable number of pockets and loops for me to use a single strap instead of the 4 way.

IMG_3470.JPG

Last edited:

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
BTW - All my irons have been lengthened by 2" to accommodate my 6'7" height. I then backweight them, (my own invention), with 40 grams of lead in the form of a teardrop shaped fishing weight that can be gently hammered into the open end of the extension. With my jumbo grips, they now swingweight at C8.

Last edited:

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Looking good Dennis :cool: Maybe you could pop down to Sawgrass tomorrow & see if Rory wants to borrow them :rolleyes:
Paul

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Looking good Dennis :cool: Maybe you could pop down to Sawgrass tomorrow & see if Rory wants to borrow them :rolleyes:
Paul
OMG - I felt so badly for him. He's one of my favorite players and contrary to lots of people who said it's nice to see the pros can have a bad day too, I felt terrible for him.

It would be nice to see him playing Mizunos though. Old as I am, I'm drawn to players who have class, although also having some personality is fine. I don't hate the vanilla pros, but I'll go play a guitar sometimes, rather than watch a tournament with only blah players in contention.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
After 4 rounds, 5 buckets of balls, a pro buddy watching me and some time in the computerized booth at the store, I'm coming to the conclusion I should have gone with senior flex shafts, not regular flex. I still love the feel of the 900 Hot Metals, but I might look for a set with senior flex.

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
I got the new ST-Z Driver and 3 Wood for this year. They replace my old love the JPX 900 Driver and 3 Wood. I thought I would miss the blue, but the more I look at it the black with the carbon looks at least just as amazing! Loving the feel and the performance, it seems this club is a bit of a better fit for me. And the driver is super forgiving, which I love on a driver. This is my setup:
IMG_20210326_152324.jpg
IMG-20210326-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20210326-WA0006.jpg

tomvk77

HCP
Local club/country
GC de Koepel, netherlands
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged KBS Tour Stiff 4-pw
Driver
Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10.5 set to 9.5
I soon will have this setup
Driver: Titleist 917 D3 9.5 deg aldila rogue max 65 stiff
3wood: Titleist 917 F2 15 deg aldila rogue max 75 stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 19 deg. aldila rogue max 85 stiff
I have them all in the A1 setting, i only have the weights placed for a fade.
Irons: 4-pw Mizuno JPX 921 Forged KBS Tour 130 grams stiff
Wedges: Titleist vokey sm8 jet black 50.08 F grind 56.08 M grind bend to 55.07 and 60.08 M grind.
I will have the Mizuno M craft VI black with a superstoke trax tour 3.0 grip.
I will have the Golfpride multi compound aline grips with 2 tapes

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I've been going back and forth between some putters and have finally figured out a face balanced model works best for me.

I just bought a new M Craft type 3. It should be here around the beginning of next week.

(EDIT) Tracking says tomorrow... YAY!!!!

Last edited:

tomvk77

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
I am waiting for my irons and putter as well. But i guess it will take longer now to get them here in the Netherlands.

tomvk77

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Right the first part of my order got delivered today. I put the grip on myself and put an extra inch on it. so I have it at 35inch now.
looks sweet right? IMG_5569 (1).jpeg

tomvk77

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
IMG_5573.jpeg

For now this is my setup. It is soon to change I hope.

Top Bottom