WITB

HCP
Local club/country
Machrihanish Dunes
Irons
Mizuno mx 200 4-pw
Driver
Adams xtd 12 degrees
Currently got mx200 from new. Im scared to change as i love them. But as a new range coming out i may be tempted into the jpx900!

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Time for an update. Last time I posted here on WITB I was recovering from a serious spinal injury and resulting surgery. Well, I've now reached that point where the GI bag just wasn't doing the job for me and the good old MP64 were still just too hard to play consistently well. I recently took a wee gamble on a used set of 900 Hot Metals, what a difference. I get good ball flight out of them and, for me, good distance out of them, which has been a big physical limitation I've had to get used to. So the current set up has the 900 driver, 5 wood and 7 wood. I still use the JPX EZ 4&5 hybrids as they are so easy to hit, and the irons are now 5-W with a gap wedge and sand wedge thrown in to balance the bag. Iron shafts are the Project LZ in A flex and they are a revelation. Light yet easy to control. All grips are misize to help stop too much tension in the forearms and this has worked for me since I got my EZS in 2014. Putter was changed in the spring to an Odyssey O Works no7 with a mid slim grip. This has helped me a lot with my putting this year.
So there we are, new bag and still loving the Mizuno product :)

20180901_161728.jpg

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Lovely Mizuno bag (including the bag!) - If only Mizuno made a #7 style putter you'd be 100% Mizuno (?)
Paul

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Nice looking setup there David. The 900HM look a tidy club.
Certainly helping me get the ball up on a higher flight trajectory than last set. Nice feel when making contact. Very happy with them so far :)

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
My first WITB on here:
Apart from the putter it's all Mizuno. I game the Driver, 3 and 5 Wood in the JPX 900 Series. I especially love the 5 Wood. It's my go-to-club on thight holes, and if I want to be absolutely sure that I will end up in play. The Driver is forgiving with a great ballflight, and I love the feel. The 3 Wood I use rarely as I don't use it much of the turf (the 5 Wood is the better alternative there) and not much from the tee either. I will use it usually on holes were I need the extra distance over the 5 Wood to continue play, but cannot hit driver as the runout is not enough, so a very specific club for me. But It performs great as well, it just got the short end of the stick.
I have had the 5 Wood cut down 1 inch. Swingweight is affected, but I still like the feel of the club and the extra control it gives me, it also creates nice distance gaps between my longest iron and my 3 Wood.
The Irons are the 2016 JPX EZ Forged. Great Feel of them, for GI Irons they look great. I love the dark finish of them, and the back side of them is just sexy. I'm not very keen on how the PW looks from adress, but the feel is great. Good Turf Interaction and very forgiving. -That being said, I am thinking about changing Irons with the next MP release, depends very much on how they look like, but right now I'm feeling some MP love. I'm just not as keen on the brushed finish on the MP-18 Range, and want to hold on to my EZs for at least 1 more year, so that works out nicely.
The Wedges are due to change when the irons change. I have a 50-54-60 Setup, with the 50 being S5, the 54 and 60 being T4. The T4 were my first Mizuno Clubs, so I will always have a special relationship to them. They just have that amazing feel, and even after all these years they spin ok. Not as gripping as they used to be, but enough for me for now. The S5 I got with the EZ-Forged, as I needed a Gap Wedge between the 45° PW and the 54° T4. I LOVE the blue colour, it's even better worn in than brand new out of the wrapper. The S5 has quite a high headweight, or at least it feels that way to me, and I love that. I really feel the clubhead on every part of the swing.
The Shafts I play are the Fujikura Speeder Evo II in the Driver and Woods, a KBS C-Taper in the 4-iron (the Rifle was not available in my Flex anymore when I got the 4 iron, got that a little delayed :/) the Project X Rifle in 5i-50° Wedge and Dynamic Golds in the 54 and 60.
My putter is a Ping Anser Milled 5. This will never change. It's the putter I gamed for as long as I play golf decently (say after the bargain clubs one starts with ;)) and it's just old trusty. Never deviated off of it, never will I don't think. But mad Mizuno Love on everything else.
Bag is the Mizuno Pro Stand/Carry Bag in Blue.
IMG_20180817_125024.jpg

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
I've not done a WITB before for some reason, so here's the 2018 Year End pic.

MIzuno
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4
JPX 919 Tour 5-PW
S18 49/06 54/12 58/08
All KBS Tour X Stiff, 1 inch long and 2 degree upright

Non Mizuno
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
Titleist 915h 2 Hybrid
Odyseey O-Works Tank #7

Bag
MIzuno BRD4 Carry Bag
Mizuno 2017 Tour Cart Bag

Ball
Usually play a Chromesoft or TaylorMade Project (a)

Next Year? Keen to see what the new ST190 drivers are like, would really like to get a new 2iron hybrid as well.

no_cover.jpg
cover.jpg

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Here's my current bag... EZ woods and 4 hybrid... 900 Hot Metal irons, 4-Gap Wedge and a JPX Sand Wedge. Everything is 1" extra long. Woods have Fujikura SX Blue shafts, senior Flex. Irons have LZ senior flex shafts. Everything has Golf Pride Tour Wrap grips in the jumbo size.

Last edited:
HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
MP18 MMC 5-PW
Hi MPX and all,

As we're all fans of the great running bird clubs...how about a sticky thread of What's In The Bag?

Be great to see the set up you guys have.

Here's my JPX tastic set up....
I'm going to be doing a WITB on my YouTube channel soon

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I own a truly embarrassing number of putters. Some are tech marvels like a Taylormade Spyder or a Ping Wackee. Others are high priced putters like my Scotty Cameron. Some are cheap, like a couple Cleveland putters I have. Some, which i seem to constantly go back to, are the old fashioned flanged blade models like I used in high school way back in the early 60s, all the way through college golf.

What's going in the bag tomorrow is an old Mizuno Axis 19 putter Husty helped me find. It was on Ebay in Europe. I won the auction and he shipped it to me. Someone had posted photos of theirs here in this forum and I immediately loved the looks of it. It just looked right, more so compared to the rounded edges of my Tommy Armour Ironmaster.

i don't know why I seem to putt better with an old fashioned putter. Maybe without all the technology, I concentrate better... Anyone else ever think about that?

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
Currently what's in my bag,

ST180 HL Driver 11.5 deg and ST180 5 wood 18 deg both fitted with TENSI CK Series 50 A-flex shafts,

Two CLK Hybrid's 19 deg fitted with Project X 5 senior flex shaft and 22 deg fitted with Speeder Evolution HB 75 R-flex shaft,

900 Hot Metal irons 5-PW Project X LZ 4.0 60g A-flex graphite shafts golf pride grips,

Two Mizuno Forged wedges 50 & 54 deg both are MP-T4 fitted with TT DG Wedge flex shafts,

Mizuno T-301 Forged Pro Spec Tour Style Dare to Dream putter fitted with UST Frequency Filtered shaft and Black Widow Grip,

Still playing with the Mizuno JPX-S Golf Ball but might be looking to change that soon to a softer feeling ball...?

Mizuno Pro Cart bag 10” 14 way Blue & White Staff colours,

(Golf bag in the photo is of my Black winter bag but will be changing over to my Staff bag once the weather improves)

Not quite finished I'm still looking to add an ST180 3 wood
IMG_E0515_01.JPG
John.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Hey Seanmor, i play the exact same irons with the exact same shaft as yours and I love them.

I know they don't feel like forged Mizuno irons, but the 900 Hot Metal irons, (and I presume the new 919 Hot Metals), feel so much better than any cast clubs I've ever played. For that matter, they feel better than a lot of other brand's forged irons.

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
Hey Seanmor, i play the exact same irons with the exact same shaft as yours and I love them.

I know they don't feel like forged Mizuno irons, but the 900 Hot Metal irons, (and I presume the new 919 Hot Metals), feel so much better than any cast clubs I've ever played. For that matter, they feel better than a lot of other brand's forged irons.
Hi Dennis,

I would agree with you on that one Dennis they do feel softer than any cast irons that I’ve ever played I think it’s got a lot to do with the Chromoly 4140M material that they are cast from I believe that due to them being cast from that material they are softer feeling and much more adjustable if you should ever have the need to bend them for loft and lie...!

Only my opinion of corse as I’m not a metallurgist...!

I have owned sets of Mizuno forged irons in the past and to be honest I can’t say I feel that much difference between them and the feel of my 900 Hot Metals, I did recently get the chance to Demo the new JPX919 Hot Metal fitted with the same Project X LZ Graphite shafts that we have fitted and I didn’t find them to perform or feel any better than what I already had in the 900 HM so I’m very happy to stick with what I have...!

Cheers
John.

LOS

Local club/country
England
I believe that due to them being cast from that material they are softer feeling and much more adjustable if you should ever have the need to bend them for loft and lie...!

Cheers
John.
Mizuno state no loft adjustment on the 900HM and 919HM

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Small changes... ST180 driver and 3 wood replacing the 2016 JPX-EZ and a 5 wood from the EZ line, which I doubt I'll keep since I also have a 3 hybrid coming Monday. I also went back to my old R series wedges for the sand and lob. Right now it's 15 clubs, so i have some work to do determining what's going to work best with my new, shorter swing.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Steadiest bag for some time.
St180 driver with Accra TZ6 M4 45 shaft
Titleist 917F2 4 wood / MPH5 1 iron
Cobra F7 3 hybrid
Mp18 MMC 3 and 5 irons
MP18MB 6-PW
Cleveland RTX3 wedges 50, 54, (58 or 62)
Yar putter with custom spryevo titanium insert.
Titleist DT trusoft yellow

LOS

Local club/country
England
Now that I have managed to get into my 70's and having very little clubhead speed the distances between my long clubs is getting minimal.
So my clubs:-
Driver JPX900
3Wood Callaway 16* (Old BB Titanium)
7Wood Callaway 21* (Old BB Fusion ) Both Woods have larger heads than a lot of these modern woods and suit me.
Hybrid Cobra 23.5* (Bio Cell ) Getting old now but works well.
irons Jpx 900F 6-PW Recoil 95 Shafts With lofts getting stronger and my distance getting shorter I didn't need any more irons.
Wedges MPT5's 50*,56* and RTX3 60* NSPRO 950 Shafts 3 Wedges now due to a couple of issues with the 9 iron and PW distance gapping.
Putter Ping B60 This is also old and really needs a new shaft but works for me so loathed to do anything to it.

Last edited:

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
**EDITED 11/04/2019**
My current bag set up....
  1. Titleist 917 D2 10.5° Driver with Project X EvenFlow Blue 6.0 65g shaft set at A1. Golf Pride Tour velvet 360 Midsize + 1 tape.
  2. Titleist 917 D2 15° Fairway with Project X EvenFlow Blue 6.0 75g shaft set at A1. Golf Pride Tour velvet 360 Midsize + 1 tape.
  3. Tour Issue Mizuno MP-H5 3i with Tour Issue Oban Oi103 X shaft. Golf Pride CP2 Wrap midsize grip.
  4. Mizuno JPX919 Tour 4-PW with Project X LZ 6.0 120g shafts set at 0.5° flat and 1/2 inch longer than standard. Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize grips.
  5. Callaway Mack Daddy Forged R grind wedges 50°/10°, 54°/10°, 58°/8° all with Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Blue S200 125g shafts. Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize grips.
  6. Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 35” with SuperStroke Legacy XL Mid-Slim 2.0 grip, 25g CB weight.
  7. Titleist Pro V1X
  8. Titleist tour issue Pro Alignment sticks with Tour issue stick cover

Attachments

Last edited:
HCP
Local club/country
Cypress Bend Golf Resort/United States
Irons
Mizuno/JPX 919 Forged/4-GW
Driver
Taylormade/Sim Max/10.5**/Fujikura Pro 2.0
My 2019 Set-Up:

Driver: Taylormade M6, 9* (set at 11*), Atmos Orange 5 Shaft, Regular Flex
Fairway: Taylormade M6, 15*, Atmos Orange 5 Fairway Shaft, Regular Flex
Hybrid: Taylormade M6, 19*, Atmos Orange Shaft, Regular Flex
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hotmetal, 5-SW, Project X LZ 4.5 Shafts, Regular Flex
Wedge: Taylormade Hi-Toe, 60*, UST Recoil Shaft, Regular Flex
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour, 33"
Bag: Taylormade Flextech Crossover Stand, Black and Gray
Ball: Taylormade Project (a)

** I had to go to all graphite shafts on all my clubs over a year ago because I had shattered my elbow. Still trying to get everything worked out on my elbow but I am hoping this set-up will lead me playing some great golf in 2019!!!

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Lots of changes...

For a month or so, I've been going back and forth between the 2016 EZ driver/3 wood combination and the newer ST180 driver/3 wood. I've also been going back and forth with the senior or regular flex shafts that are interchangeable.

I'm going with the regular flex in the ST180 heads. BTW - The ST180 clubs came to me with Mitsubishi Tensei Orange shafts in them. Have you seen the prices on those shafts??? I still remember buying a whole set of clubs for the price of one of these shafts. It's not like I paid any more for the ST180s than with any other shaft either.

I've been trying to fill a gap with either a 5 wood or 3 hybrid. I would have never dreamed the 5 wood would work out best, but it did and it's in the bag. I'm looking for the matching ST180, but for now, the EZ will do.

Just because the golfing gods like to laugh at me so much, they do things to confuse me, just to make me suffer a little more. For heaven knows what reason, all of a sudden my JPX900 Hot Metal irons didn't feel right. It's starting to get windy here before the rainy season and for the life of me, I couldn't keep the ball down with the HM set.

I spent 15 minutes in the booth at Planet Golf and between the clubs I have, my older MP-H5 showed up as the better set for what I'm trying to accomplish. They are back in the bag for the time being.

At the moment, I'm left without a gap wedge or lob wedge. I have an old set of Vokeys in the garage, so I ight pull them out. A hot garage in Miami is where grips go to die. Maybe I'll stick some grips on them and try them on Friday.

I even changed back to my stand bag. At first I liked the cart bag I'd bought, but I don't like the 14 way top, not to mention the stupid design on the back of the carts at Killian Greens makes it difficult to put 2 cart bags on one cart. I figure I'll just sell it instead of destroying it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom