What have you bought recently

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno / JPX 921 Hot Metal / 5-PW / JPX 921 FLI-HI 4h
Driver
Mizuno / ST-200 / 8.5
I went from a $200 Tour Edge set last year to:

-Fitted for JPX 921 Hot Metals 5-PW (still waiting on em...any day now!)
-JPX 921 FLI-HI 4 hybrid
-M-Craft V putter in Ion Blue
-Used ST-200 driver and 3 wood
-Caddytek Explorer V8
-Used Taylormade Catalina cart bag (I know...time to get a Mizuno bag but this thing is pretty nice)

Next on my list are some Mizuno wedges just to go full fanboy! Probably gotta slow down in the meantime or the wife might kick me out lol

tomvk77

HCP
Local club/country
GC de Koepel, netherlands
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged KBS Tour Stiff 4-pw
Driver
Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10.5 set to 9.5
No wife means more money to spend, trust me i know lol. I went to a complete new bag myself over the last couple months. Well almost only waiting on my titleist wedges still. I switched my mp59 irons for the jpx 921 forged my titleist 917 woods replaced by Cobra Radspeed xb with ust proforce v2 shafts and got the new mizuno M Craft VI putter in black finish. As said still waiting on my vokey wedges 50-55-60 they will come in black as well.

shank hobbit

HCP
Local club/country
staddon heights, devon
Irons
mp64 kbs tour stiff 3-pw. Jpx hot metal 50 gap wedge
Driver
Jpx 850 driver Graf blue JPX900 16 hybrid and 22 hybrid
T20 wedges 55 and 50 raw kbs tour stiff 2 degrees flat

HCP
Local club/country
Ifield United Kingdom
Irons
921 Hot Metal 7-PW 6 Fli-Hi
Driver
Titleist TS2 12 deg
Placed an order last week for JPX 921 HM (7-PW) and JPX Fli Hi (4-6) with recoil ESX 460 F3 shafts. I’ve been given an early July lead time. Can’t bloody wait!!

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
My attempt number 1xx to get along with hybrids. :) I've had a 650 hybrid before but it didn't last for too long, nor has any other hybrid excluding the 18º Nike Sumo I had for the first couple of seasons.

MP-650 22 Pieni.jpg

Mizunomarty

HCP
Local club/country
Cleveland/England
Irons
Mizuno MP54 5-PW Dynalite Gold S300 1"+ MP-T4 56 & 60 Wedges Krakatoa Putter
Driver
Mizuno JPX850 Driver,JPX825 Hybrid 19 stiff
As I will be 60 in 2 weeks time I decided to splash some cash. I have bought a new Clicgear 4 trolley and a new Mizuno dri cart bag. I also got fitted for some new 223’s 6 weeks ago.Then I might buy some T22 wedges.:)

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Congratulations on your upcoming big birthday - Always nice to have a special reason to treat yourself!

tomvk77

HCP
Local club/country
GC de Koepel, netherlands
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged KBS Tour Stiff 4-pw
Driver
Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10.5 set to 9.5
I have been switching putters a lot recently, I finally found my one, the odyssey Eleven without alignment lines.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
As I will be 60 in 2 weeks time I decided to splash some cash. I have bought a new Clicgear 4 trolley and a new Mizuno dri cart bag. I also got fitted for some new 223’s 6 weeks ago.Then I might buy some T22 wedges.:)
Nice one kid.

Regarding the 223s, any idea on what the construction is on the 8 to PW?

The 4 to 7 iron is as follows:

223-tech-2c.png

It has a slot like the JPX forged line. With a plastic badge to cover the slot.

Any idea what the 8 to PW is?
They are made form softer 1025 steel - are they solid clubs, like musclebacks?

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Purchased recently. combo set MP64 / MP4`s, 4-pw reshafted with KBS $ tour lites, Mizuno blue/black grips also bought T5 wedges sett , 51,56 & 60 dgr,
New mizuno Patriot cart bag, ,looking towards woods next,

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I'm continuing my journey into the past. :) 4-PW with KBS Tour stiff shafts and faces in good condition. I had a set of 53s with Modus 120 shafts last year but the shafts weren't for me. Last week I found these in Golfbidder at a surprisingly low price so I had to give them a go.

1655719919295.png

Last edited:

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
Hi Halebopp,
the picture doesn't seem to load for me. Is this just for me or anyone else? Sadly this means I do not know what irons you got, but I am sure they are great nontheless! :)

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Hi Halebopp,
the picture doesn't seem to load for me. Is this just for me or anyone else? Sadly this means I do not know what irons you got, but I am sure they are great nontheless! :)
Maybe it'll work now. The picture was most probably too big for the forum although it showed up for me without any issues.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Ah! There was supposed to be a picture in your post above? - Makes more sense now & they look like a nice set of irons - I hope you play well with them ...

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Ah! There was supposed to be a picture in your post above? - Makes more sense now & they look like a nice set of irons - I hope you play well with them ...
I got to play 27 holes with them the other day. Seven par threes with three legitimate birdie chances, albeit I only converted one of them. There were a couple of weak-feeling shots off the toe that went further than I would've expected, so maybe there is actually something to the whole forgiveness thing. :)

Oh and one absolutely smoked 7 iron carrying 163 metres when I'm counting it to be my 150-club. I just need to figure out how to make it my standard. But it most probably has more to do with the changes I'm trying to make to my swing than the switch in clubs.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Since the MP-650 hybrid has become a very reliable club for me and I've been struggling with the ST-180 fairway wood this year (it was good last year). I asked the person to whom I sold my 650 fairway woods if he still had them and whether or not he'd be willing to sell them back to me.

And here they are:

MP-650 Fairway Pieni.jpg

The person said there are no bad dings on them and I trusted him without asking for pictures and boy was I disappointed. All the reddish dots are dings I tried covering with a marker, the shafts have great wear on them on a much larger area than one would expect from wear in the bag (must've been mixed in with irons) and the 3 wood head cover that was supposed to be in "good condition" looks absolutely ruined. I can't even imagine with the cover for the 5 wood must've looked like for him to have thrown it away.

The best bit is that it still has the Lamkin Crossline grips I installed years ago (standards built up with a couple of layers of extra tape) and they look and feel like they'd never been used. As if the person had spent time at home chiseling off bits of paint, scratching them, rubbing off the glossy finish off the shaft rather than using the clubs to play the game.

I like to look after my equipment and I get rather irritated by people not doing the same, especially in this case as I had bought the clubs new years ago and kind of consider these to be my babies. Luckily the crowns look mostly good at address. Hopefully the clubs work for me as I haven't had the chance to test them yet and I can overcome my initial irritation and anger of what they've been through.

At least I have most of the 650 family back together now and ready for the experiment coming up on my next round alongside some of my other "latest and greatest" gear in my bag. :D

Mizuno Oldies Pieni.jpg

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Maybe we should start a thread about things we've tried, things to restore some cosmetics to our clubs. Whether things succeeded or failed, it might help us appreciate what worked and warn us about what didn't work.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Maybe we should start a thread about things we've tried, things to restore some cosmetics to our clubs. Whether things succeeded or failed, it might help us appreciate what worked and warn us about what didn't work.
That would be helpful but I'm not sure I want to be the one providing experimental evidence of what doesn't work. :D

Your putter does look rather interesting, slightly reminding me of the Wilson Staff Infinite The "L" with the hole at the back.

Top Bottom