Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I didn't buy these but I got the Christmas best sellers in the mail today. The story of overcoming seemingly insurmountable obstacles with romance and thrilling plot twist to keep you hanging on the edge of your chair. Two definite page turners.

Seriously though, browsing through the books (and having spent a bit of time with their application), these changes in how to represent the Rules should've been done years ago. The language used and the illustrations make the rule books much more approachable and user friendly.

twodogs

HCP
Local club/country
Rowlands Castle UK
Irons
JPX 900 Hot Metal 5-PW & Cleveland RTX wedges (50/54/58)
Driver
Cobra Max 10.5 Offset
Just bought a new set of JPX 900 Hot Metal to replace my ageing Taylormade irons. Read that the new 919 variants weren't that different (mainly cosmetic) and saved myself £400 as a result. Have to say they are really good irons and have already made a difference. Long may it continue.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Not been on here for ages! Been busy with my new bag of tricks.....
Went over to Clubhouse golf and purchased Titleist 917D2 driver and fairway, Titleist 818 H2 21° hybrid and a beautiful set of Mizuno JPX919 Tour irons.... ;);)

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
Bought my self pair of the new Mizuno Nexlite BOA005 spiked golf shoes from HOTGOLF
Ordered them on Monday and received them the next day with free delivery,
excellent service and price,

John

Attachments

HCP
Local club/country
Knole Park
Irons
MP5, S300, 1* flat, 2* strong
Driver
Ping G400 8.5*, HZRDUS X-Stiff
Ordered a set of S18 wedges in black.
Waiting for them to appear.
Was tempted by the 919 Tours but am sticking with my MP5's so getting them regripped and loft and lie checked.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Bought my self pair of the new Mizuno Nexlite BOA005 spiked golf shoes from HOTGOLF
Ordered them on Monday and received them the next day with free delivery,
excellent service and price,

John
We'll need an update after you've used them John, need a new pair of shoes myself for next season, so, feedback would be good :)

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
We'll need an update after you've used them John, need a new pair of shoes myself for next season, so, feedback would be good :)
No problem David as soon as I get the chance to use them i'll let you know how I get on with them,

Only problem is it might be a wee while as I've not played any golf over the past 8 weeks due to a dodgy arthritic knee and the crap weather...!

But as soon as I get to play I'll post my thoughts on them,

Cheers

John

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Just bought a set of MP62 DGX100 shafts in immaculite condition

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
MP62s were such a nice, clean, uncluttered look. Hope you put them into play next season ;)

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
MP62s were such a nice, clean, uncluttered look. Hope you put them into play next season ;)
Depends if they can oust the MP 18’s out the bag

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I just bought 10 new gloves on Amazon. I have huge hands and no expensive XL glove holds up any longer than cheaper gloves,

I also bought a couple hats. I've worn my Mizuno hats outside working in the yard while I couldn't play golf and all of a sudden last Monday, I realized I didn't have anything really clean.

Like I mentioned above, I'm going to empty the 3 shelves in my closet that are filled with every manner of golf related stuff. Certain things like spare headcovers or a bag with about 1000 tees in it don't need to go back. They can go on a shelf in the garage. What I'm concerned about it grips. I usually change mine about every 6 months and I want a spare set in reserve all the time, so I suspect I'll need to buy those next.

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
I've bought my father a JPX EZ 2016 Driver for Christmas! He has the 5 Wood and loves that, it was in his specs and he's my favourite playing Partner, so gonna Show him some love. Also I think for his swing Speeds and whatnot the JPX EZ Driver should be ideal. Can't wait for next week, so looking Forward to gifting it to him ;)

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I just bought a new Mizuno umbrella today. I love the simple fact it's white instead of the usual black color every other brand has.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
I just bought a new Mizuno umbrella today. I love the simple fact it's white instead of the usual black color every other brand has.
Hi Dennis ... I presume, as you are in Florida, the brolley is to keep the sun off? - Here in the UK brollies have a much harder life, so a white one might look nice but will get scruffy looking in a very short period - Black all the way for me ... Paul
PS - Happy New Year \o/

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Hi Dennis ... I presume, as you are in Florida, the brolley is to keep the sun off? - Here in the UK brollies have a much harder life, so a white one might look nice but will get scruffy looking in a very short period - Black all the way for me ... Paul
PS - Happy New Year \o/
Hapy new year to you too... Nothing but fairways & greens for 2019.

Actually, I don't play in the rain. Sorry to sound conceited about it, but I could play 350 days a year if I had enough people to join me, so to me, an umbrella or rain suit is a piece of equipment intended for temporary use until I can get of the course if it rains while I'm playing.

There is one thing about the Mizuno umbrella being white though. Some people keep on playing and when you are standing under trees with a black umbrella, you often find that people will hit into you without seeing you. The white umbrella definitely stands out a lot more and at the least, they will yell or be more careful.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Not conceited at all Dennis - If someone could put a roof over the UK I'd never play in the rain either!
I like your theory about the visibility in the trees, but I'm always in the middle of the fairway :p
Cheers
Paul

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I've heard of fairways... I haven't seen many, so I'm not sure how many truly exist on this side of the pond.

RobCH

HCP
Local club/country
Nomadic
Irons
JPX 900 Forged 5-PW, JPX FliHi 4, T7 50, 54, 58 wedges. Odyssey Tank putter
Driver
GT180 driver & 3 wood, JPX 900 3 Hybrid
Not a purchase, but recently acquired a 58 degree T7 wedge as a birthday present to round out the set. Had its first round on Monday and it worked a treat. It's sad that Mizuno have stopped making the T7s. They're by a mile the best, and best looking, wedges they've made for decades.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Not a purchase, but recently acquired a 58 degree T7 wedge as a birthday present to round out the set. Had its first round on Monday and it worked a treat. It's sad that Mizuno have stopped making the T7s. They're by a mile the best, and best looking, wedges they've made for decades.
Aye, spot on.
If only they ditched the blue and offered them in the grey colour they used to years ago.

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
If only they ditched the blue and offered them in the grey colour they used to years ago.
Oh please not, I love the blue. I would just like more choice for everyone, like with the S18 right now. Silver, Black and Blue seems like a good Portfolio to choose from, so that everyone can be happy! :)

Top Bottom