HCP
Local club/country
Bridlington
Irons
Jpx921 hot metal
Driver
Cobra King F9
Hello Fellow Mizuno geeks
I was fitted to the new JPX921 HM back in December still waiting on my blue box day and I thought to myself I will treat myself to some quality premium golf balls, Ive currently been using Taylormade RBZ balls but in the past I've only really gone for whats cheap and a good bargain, but now im in the mind set of getting my handicapp down from 22.2 and making a push to something around 15, im not a player that can hit 300 yard drives i tend to drive the ball anywhere from 200 to 250 yards but im most of the time straight ive been tempted at buying Pro V1 or the Bridgestone Tiger Woods edition anyone care to give me any advice I feel I should be hitting drives longer than 250 yards if im to get down to 15 I know most of it is technically my swing and stuff but I've read balls play a massive part in the game too

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Hi ... It's not a bad plan to use a better quality ball than the RBZ or other budget ball - I appreciate, unless you live in Scotland, golf is off the agenda just now, but winter time is when I use up my stock of "lesser quality" balls - With the wet conditions that prevail, it really doesn't matter much what ball you use (imho) - Even the hardest rock will stop when you hit the green & colder temperatures mean (for me) there isn't much distance off the tee whatever ball I use ...
When Spring arrives (and maybe we can play again?) a decent quality ball will make a big difference - I do like the Pro V & TP5 premium balls, but am not so keen on their price unless I find some on offer? - I tend to stick with Bridgestone as they mark their range for different swing speeds - I don't swing it as fast as a Pro so their Tour B RX works well for me (designed for swing speed under 105mph) - If I want a ball for optimum distance the Callaway ERC Soft is the longest ball I have used (1x iron less for me on full shots, though not much longer than the Bridgestone with driver?) - Others I have tried that I liked were the TM Tour Response & Srixon Q Star - All of these, apart from the ERC, I would class as next level down from premium, but they do tend to get discounted when the premium balls are less likely to?
Hope that helps?
Paul

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
I think it is just as important to find a ball that suits your game and STICK WITH IT. You soon learn the characteristics of the ball, how it feels for short shots, how it feels off the putter and how it behaves off the driver. Once you get used to it then it can make quite a difference to your game. I play quite a low compression ball to get the most out of a slower swing speed. Having a ball that I can work with makes all the difference.

Tunny0

HCP
Local club/country
Bridlington
Irons
Jpx921 hot metal
Driver
Cobra King F9
I think it is just as important to find a ball that suits your game and STICK WITH IT. You soon learn the characteristics of the ball, how it feels for short shots, how it feels off the putter and how it behaves off the driver. Once you get used to it then it can make quite a difference to your game. I play quite a low compression ball to get the most out of a slower swing speed. Having a ball that I can work with makes all the difference.
I also have a slow swing speed what balls should I be looking for for low compression?

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
I also have a slow swing speed what balls should I be looking for for low compression?
I ended up with the Srixon Ultisoft which I really like and works well for me. Mizuno have the RB566, but getting them easily is an issue, so, I've stayed with the Srixons. They work well around the green and I like them off the putter, so they'll do me for now ;)

LOS

Local club/country
England
I ended up with the Srixon Ultisoft which I really like and works well for me.
Blimey DCB I didn't know they made golf balls with that low a compression. I was working my way through the last of my Zstars before moving to the AD333 which is a 75. I only use the yellow ball variants which according to some testing is actually a lower compression than the white versions.

Aldo

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
921 forged
Driver
Callaway big bertha alpha
Try Bridgestone e6 soft or callaway supersoft low compression balls for slower swing speeds i felt the callaway supersoft were better than chromesoft

LOS

Local club/country
England
im not a player that can hit 300 yard drives i tend to drive the ball anywhere from 200 to 250 yards but im most of the time straight ive been tempted at buying Pro V1 or the Bridgestone Tiger Woods edition anyone care to give me any advice I feel I should be hitting drives longer than 250 yards if im to get down to 15 I know most of it is technically my swing and stuff but I've read balls play a massive part in the game too
Since 1996 the R&A have been conducting an annual study of Amateur Driving distances in the UK.

1610976049063.png

Don't get hung up on distance, develop an all round game that can be used on different types of courses.

Top Bottom