Wedges

HCP
Local club/country
Maxwelton golf club
Irons
Mizuno jpx 921 forged 7-PW & hot metal pro 6,5
Driver
Titleist TS2 10.5 project X 65g extra stiff
I’m thinking of getting fitted for the new T22 wedges . Never have played mizuno wedges before sense I got into golf always have played Titleist clubs and vokey wedges.

Just got fitted last year for my first set of mizuno irons and love them , was fitted for a combo set 7-pw in the 921 forged and 5,6 iron are hot metal pros . Iron set is equipped with nippon modus 120X shafts but I play a mix bag this season we just had but looking to upgrade my wedges , driver, and either hybrid or wood all mizuno

2klix

HCP
Local club/country
Thorney Park Golf Club, Iver, Bucks
Irons
JPX 900 Chromoly 4&5i, 900 Forged 6-PW, Mizuno MP-T7 50°, 55°, 60° (all irons KBS Tour 90 Stiff)
Driver
Mizuno JPX900 10.5° Fujikura6 Stiff Shaft
Go try them Will, sure you will love them. I have gamed t7 wedges since late 2016 and still have life in them, if you look after them they perform well. I used to be a vokey fan, nothing against them, just now prefer the t22 look, feel and playability having been custom fit recently at Bearwood Lakes performance Center with Adam Drury who was excellent. Make sure you get wedge gapping to blend your iron lofts and check the sole grind options based on course and style of play.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Lots of companies are making great wedges with some individual feature unique to their brand, but what I love about my Mizuno wedges is their more traditional look.

That said, it might be an affliction of my advanced age, being more old fashioned and a throwback to my youth that the traditional look is more confidence inspiring in me, but the technology is still there.

You can never make a mistake buying a Mizuno wedge as long as certain things are inherent, appropriate loft for the effort you feel you need for a shot, appropriate bounce for your turf conditions and to a certain extent, the shaft dynamics.

Go for it Will...

Top Bottom