Wedges from the noughties

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Hello folks
I have started to develop an obsession with 3 wedge Mizuno sets from the period 2000 to about 2012. I just think they really hit the sweet spot in thise period.
I played with a friend a few weeks ago and he has the black Mack Daddy Calloway 52, 56, 60.
It got me thinking all of my wedges are different so I want to complete the sets.

I have gone online

I have a MP T4 56 and managed to get a 52 in good nick and a 60 mint.

I have the Tour Style 54 and got the 58 really good nick.

I have the MP R Chrome 52which is like new and I took a punt on a 56 for 5 quid with a knackered leading edge. It has polished up lovely with autosol, the back is perfect and the face good and my club guru will grind the leading edge just great. Obviously will lose the chrome finish but still a bargain.

I have the MP T 58 Raw Haze and sourced a 53.

So I am still looking for .....

MP R chrome 60
MP T Raw Haze 49 or 50 and
Tour Style chrome 50

To complete the collection.

I know it is a bit obsessive but these grain flow wedges are so lovely and feel buttery and the different grinds are a joy to play with from a classic era. I swap them over every few rounds. Most I paid for one was 40 quid, you could spend that on a couple of rounds of drinks.
I don't get out much these days apart from my 4 or 5 games a week🤣🤣

The ones I am looking for are so hard to find!

Keep your eyes open please.

All the best guys

Smitty 😀

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I've been through a lot of the newer irons and wedges, and not just by Mizuno. I have no idea why some older models feel better, but my current bag reflects it. After using the 919 and 921 Hot Metal irons, I went back to my old set of 900 Hot Metals. My current sand wedge is an old MP T Series. I've had very few wedges with the soft feel that old wedge has.

Top Bottom