Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
NotOhBoy said:
How’s the putter?
I've actually only had one proper putting session with it, in a dome, and otherwise it's only been used at home. It's still great though! :)

The smaller muscles clearly stay, or need to stay, away from your stroke. If I get even slightly "wristy" in my takeaway, the whole swing feels so much worse that I need to stop it altogether. I can't feel it nearly as well with my normal putter and I guess that's the reason for those occasional, horrendous pushed or pulled putts. Those wristy takeaways also seem like a much more rare occurrence to begin with.

The only issue with it is the feel for longer putts. Many people have talked about the issue with counter-balanced putters but I can't tell yet whether it's an inherent problem with heavier putters or something that just requires getting used to.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I can't remember having this much snow on Masters week. Heck, I can't remember having any snow this time of the year. I'm getting really tired of cross-country skiing even though the nature is astonishingly beautiful at the moment. 

The start of the season is looking more and more likely to be pushed back to the 21st. Thankfully Augusta National is here to save us, for one week at least. :)

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
I have my first Inter Club Hcp League match on Sunday having only played 4 rounds this year.Weather permitting that is?

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
RobB2 said:
I have my first Inter Club Hcp League match on Sunday having only played 4 rounds this year.Weather permitting that is?
I'd love to play in such events but we really don't have any and those the couple of events that do exist are really for the top players. That being said, I'd most certainly not feel comfortable playing in the event with so few rounds under the belt. I'm very likely to make a mess of things even in mid-season tournaments.

The snow has started to disappear as a big cloud of fog around here. If this keeps up, there's not much left of it come Monday morning.

Best of luck to you!

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
When I turned on the tv to watch Masters coverage this morning, I couldn't help but think of this thread.

Honestly, if I hadn't forced myself to watch it, it wouldn't have bothered me to miss it. Since early October, I haven't been able to play because of the problem with my hands and subsequent carpel tunnel surgery on my left hand. Being diabetic, anything heals slowly and being impatient, I've been a mental and emotional wreck over not being able to play.

For the past couple months, I haven't been able to watch golf. I haven't looked at my monthly golf magazines. I've hardly participated in this forum, mostly out of a combination of self pity and frustration. I guess I let it get to me, at least until this morning.

She Who Is Always Right, also known as my wife, commented this morning that she did not accept an invitation to dinner on Sunday because she figured I'd want to watch the end of the Masters... What's a guy to do at that point? She knows I usually refer to the Masters as "Holy Week" and she wasn't going to let me sit here feeling sorry for myself any longer.

I'm still probably a few weeks off being able to hold a club without pain, but something about the Masters makes me want to again.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
What's even worse is not watching golf!

Yesterday I eventually found video for the featured groups but tonight I seem to be stuck with on the range stuff. I do appreciate the way they handle things at Augusta. Throwing out the idiots yelling after shots etc. but this no coverage thing really sucks.

It is the most anticipated tournament of the season and then you're stuck watching players warming up, see some players play for a couple of hours from 10 PM to midnight before you wake up on the couch the next morning with the TV on. :(

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Three days of the Masters and I want to get out on a course and hit some balls. Trouble is,we had a fair bit of snow on Wednesday afternoon and evening and although it has mostly melted, the ground is saturated. We need a few dry days and a good breeze to dry out the ground.

Oh well, another night in front of the tv watching The Masters ;)

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
DCB said:
Three days of the Masters and I want to get out on a course and hit some balls.
I understand that. Even though my hand still hurts a bit from surgery all the way back on November 29th, I'm really itching to hit a ball again. Going to a local course after seeing Augusta National will be like eating boring Corn Flakes after watching a week of fillet mignon.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
What a difference a week makes... Too bad the picture at the bottom is from last Tuesday and the picture on top is a couple of hours old. :D

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I was thinking about this thread as I watched a variety of tournaments this weekend. I hate to admit I lose some interest when there's a bunch of unknowns leading.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Excellent weekend of golf over here Dennis, The Irish Open is going along very nicely. Hopefully Sunday will see a tight finish. Next week its The Scottish Open and the in a fortnight The Open. A month where a lot of golf is watched one way or another 😉

Top Bottom