Pwyeth1

Local club/country
Knighton heath
Irons
Jpx919
Driver
Cobra f9
Hi guys new to the forum and really need some help
bought the new jpx 919 irons absolutely love them but have had in issue with my 9 iron. I was teed up on a 150 yard par 3 at knighton heath golf club and it took a large and small nick out of the bottom of the iron ( pictures to follow) i have contacted the pro shop i bought them from,(london im from bournemouth) following the protocol on the mizuno website, he has said he will contact mizuno with the pictures and i had no response after contacting him yet again. All my other irons are fine but it does make me slightly nervous when hitting, i would like to add i couldn't find any stones or anything obvious that would of caused this but noticed straight away as when i flipped it over to put it back in the bag it was sharp and cut my hand open, this was the 3rd time i had used it and is 100% not my fault and Its the shape of the tee.

how do i contact mizuno directly as this happened on my third round with these clubs and don't want to leave it to long, and getting hold of the pro shop i purchased from is proving
difficult any advise will be greatly appreciated cheers pete

1556714288310.jpeg

Attachments

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Hi - hate to say it, but that can really only be a stone. You've done the right thing going to the retailer - they'll go through us. But my first impression is that it won't be covered by warranty.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Ouch, that's a bit of a ding :( Seen similar when a piece of flint took a chunk out of a leading edge of a sand wedge. I tried to dress the damage as best as possible with various files, but it was always there :( Didn't affect the cubs playability , just not nice to look at.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
If a tee was able to cause that, the ball would've destroyed the club head.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Not casting judgement, but to have 2 dings from one swing looks like a ‘path’ shot.... not a tee shot

Top Bottom