Wales Open Drama (spoilers)

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Ross Fisher issued with a one shot penalty for taking too long over a putt whilst in contention. Finally some action over slow play, but it'll be controversial. Looking like a Jaidee win.

Logie

HCP
Local club/country
Fleetwood GC/UK http://www.fleetwoodgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno MP Fli H4 3 & 4 Irons; MP64 5 - PW irons; MP T-10 52 & 58 deg wedges all with NS Pro 1150 G stiff shafts: MP650 22 degree hybrid regular Orochi shaft.
Driver
JPX 850 10.5 degrees: Fujikura Motore Speeder VC6.3 Stiff.
Ross spat his dummy out after the round. Felt he was unjustly penalised.

Good win for Jaidee even if he does play Callaway!

freddy

HCP
Local club/country
Canada
Wow, first I had read about this. When watching yesterday his group was on the clock for most of the round, so i'm not totally surprised that he got a penalty, but at such a critical point in the round does surprise me a little.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Hopefully it will send a message to the players that slow play will not be tollerated!

Shame for Fisher - good for the game!

Alastair Gibson

HCP
Local club/country
FIFE
Deemac said:
Hopefully it will send a message to the players that slow play will not be tollerated!

Shame for Fisher - good for the game!
Have to say i've just watched this back and wayne riley was on course watching them, he was aware of Fisher's bad time the hole before and was surprised by how long fish took to play his iron shot in, he then clearly took too long over the putt too. Fisher almost certainly thought he would not be penalised and thats why he kept playing slowly (and he was slooow) if he doesn't do it again and others now feel more pressure to speed it up a bit, it can only be a good thing.

Top Bottom