Swingert33

HCP
Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno 919 jpx tour 3-pw
Driver
Titleist ts4 8.5 evenflow 65g
I got my first set of Mizuno irons 15 years ago. MP-37's. Buttery delicious irons when well struck and brutally honest when not. After years of fun and taking some time away from being invested in the game, it was time for a change. I grabbed a set of the JPX 919 Tours as they were on sale and I am a discount shopper at heart. I played some really good golf with them, but I missed the feeling of a pured muscleback Mizuno. The 919 Tour's are great clubs, and if I hadn't already tasted the MP line, I think I would have been in love. So I immediately ordered a set of custom MP-20's on August 26th. They arrived yesterday and unfortunately had the wrong shafts installed. While I am absolutely dying to get out on the course with these irons, I am so glad that the correct ones are eventually coming. All delays from the world as it is are not only understandable but should be expected. Good things are worth the wait and I am looking forward to it paying off in the long run.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Sorry to hear about the faux pas with your new iron shafts - I hope you get the correct set sooner rather than later? - I totally agree with what you are saying about the MP's v the 919's - I've had many MP sets (& TP before that!) but dipped my toe in the JPX line with a set of 900 Forged followed by a set of 919 Tours - Performance wise I could not fault the 919T's but, like you, I missed the softer feel of the MP's - After a short dabble with another brand :eek: I picked up a set of MP5's - I absolutely love these irons - I'd had a set when they first came out, but only kept them for a year before changing again (yes I know - it's a sickness!)
The MP5's look intimidating, but they have a slightly larger head & for a blade type club are reasonably forgiving (certainly more so than the MP4?)
MP20's look fantastic but out of range for me price wise for now - Enjoy yours when they arrive ...
Paul

Top Bottom