HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Back in October '17 my two sons bought me a "2010 Experience" @ Celtic Manor - I booked my round for Good Friday (April '18) and four of us headed down only to be scuppered by the weather (course too wet etc) - We were given "Adverse Weather Vouchers" & I managed to negotiate a free round on the Montgomerie Course as compensation for our aborted trip in April - My booking was set for Wednesday & Thursday this week, after the really dry spell we have been experiencing for well over a month here in the UK
Wednesday I played the 2010 Course with my son & two pals from Guildford - Course was enjoyable but very tough, even off the Yellow tees (no option to play form anything else) - Despite spinning off a Par 3 green into water, I managed to score 18pts on the front 9 - Not so good on back 9 with 14pts but pretty decent considering first time on the course - My son played the front 9 well too & we had a healthy lead which saw us prevail in the 4BBB match - Other than a birdie on the SI1 hole, the highlight had to be getting a round of applause for hitting the green with my approach shot from the gallery sitting outside by the 18th - Using Tiger's locker was pretty cool too ...
Now to the (very) Mni-Meet - When I was booking the voucher I contacted Dan (DMT) here on the forum, who I knew was a member at Celtic Manor - He was able to take my son's place on our second round on the Montgomerie Course - There were a number of bonuses to Dan playing with us, not the least being he was great company & a great host - It made such a difference knowing the lines off tees etc - It also saved us a fortune having a member playing with us (buggy hire was ridiculously cheap & food was 25% off) - As to the golf, we had a very competitive match too, everyone managed a birdie & one of two us us managed a couple! - The last putt on the last green decided the outcome (modesty prevents me from mentioning the winners!) - Thanks again Dan - I look forward to taking you up on your offer of another round @ Celtic Manor sometime ...
Paul

Top Bottom