USPGA - with no (*)

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
243 Pro’s 3-PW +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
Got to admit, really looking forward to second Major next week… Valhalla is an amazing course, and fortunate enough to have been there. True major venue for me. Also, I watch all the tours, and having all the best players in the world come together at the Majors (hopefully) is good for the average fan…..

Hopefully the tours can find a way to co-exist to the benefit of the fans….but politics aside (for now), who you backing for this week…….

Personally, I’m on Max Homa and Brooks - not sure if Scottie will play but should be good…

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I was raised in Louisville and went to the University of Louisville, but I left town before Valhalla was built. Some friends I grew up with are members of other clubs, but claim they could get me on Valhalla.

About the only thing left on my bucket list is to visit Louisville and play some courses I grew up on, but my friends are all members of clubs I never knew and they want me to play their clubs too. It would have to be a long vacation, but then, what's so bad about that?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Even from inside the industry this new schedule is throwing me off. Hard to believe its a major week.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Even from inside the industry this new schedule is throwing me off. Hard to believe its a major week.
LOL - I guess when you are in the business, you live on a different schedule. For me, every time I get away from the world news and can watch golf, it's a MAJOR tournament, just from the well being it provides to my state of mind.

Of course, this PGA being played at Valhalla in Louisville, where I grew up, is slightly more interesting, as if I really believe I'd see my cousin Ed on television waving a paddle on the 8th tee, or that I'd see friends in the crowds. I left Louisville before Valhalla was built, so it's not like I'm familiar with it, or anything like that. I always did have a ridiculous imagination though, but then after I posted about painting the top of a golf bag, you should have known that.

A lot of friends here are complaining about a trend we see for majors to be broadcast only on premium channels that require a paid subscription, ESPN+ in this case. The PGA likes to talk about taking the game to the people and how wonderful all their inner city programs are, but then they restrict viewership in a way a lot of the people can't afford. Just to make a point, Xander Schaufele was on 18 when the broadcast finally came on regular ESPN yesterday at noon. For that matter, if you only have broadcast TV, not cable, you don't even get ESPN.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Oh boy... There's a cop in Kentucky who probably won't have a job on Monday.

Very early this morning, a shuttle bus going to Valhalla apparently hit and killed a pedestrian. Traffic into the club has been unmanageable, according to friends in Louisville, and when Scotty Scheffler drove to the club this morning, he apparently drove around a cop car to get into the club. A cop stopped him, pulled him out and pushed him against a car, handcuffed him and when Scheffler said something about not realizing he was an officer, he was told "shut up, you're going to jail." He was later released, but I'd imagine his post round interview today will be particularly interesting.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
First of all, shame about the tragic death of the pedestrian - The UK Sports coverage has been fixated with this all day, but if anyone can shrug it off then it's Scheffler, who seems to have the mental fortitude of Tiger in his prime - I suspect the likes of Rory & Schauffele won't mind that all the focus has suddenly turned on someone else? - Interesting weekend to follow ...

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
243 Pro’s 3-PW +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
Well what a start to the day….. and Collin has just made 5 birdies in a row…. Wow… 🤩

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
The basement dwelling idiot keyboard warrior group have had a field day on Instagram, manufacturing news that doesn't exist.

I've never understood why some people are always in such a hurry to show how ignorant of the facts they are. With the comments I've read all day, I am reminded of the old saying by Mark Twain, "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Top Bottom