Updates from Mizuno Direct

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
MP20 HMB 5-PW
Driver
N/A
Is there an email address/contact number to contact Mizuno direct to find out the progress of custom fit Irons?

I've ordered through American Golf but they are about as useful as a blow up dartboard.

Thanks,

POB

Local club/country
United Kingdom
How long ago did you order?

I heard that some staff (admin H/O staff) are still furloughed and lots of the staff are working from home and its only the customer facing people at the retail end that are up to strength, perhaps they are a little overwhelmed with the back to golf interest and are playing catch up?

My wife just ordered some Titleist T300 from AG and we don't expect to see them realistically within 4 weeks unfortunately, and its not due to Titleist but the shop said its with the orders and H/O causing the delays.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
The Scotland factory just put in some mammoth shifts to work off the waiting list. Believe we are now getting closer to 15 working days. Anything more than that unlikely to be a Mizuno related issue. Afraid we can't disclose specific order info from a retailer to Mizuno.

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
MP20 HMB 5-PW
Driver
N/A
I ordered back on the 24th of June so I'm anticipating delivery this week but with AG who knows. I just keep getting told they don't know anything until they receive a "shipped" notification which I find really hard to believe!!

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
919 forged 5-pw
Driver
G200 9*
Ordered on June 15th and still waiting, tbf its a complete set wedges, irons, and full Woods set but I do think its a bit to long 😒

POB

Local club/country
United Kingdom
I guess you could look at it this way.

Ordered on the 24th at the retailer, paperwork etc goes to H/O and order placed within 3 working days (but they could have a back log with furlough staff at H/O), so now you are looking at the 29th June, due to the weekend. This would mean its only been 16 working days so far but that's assuming AG placed the order within 3 days.

Anyway, are you trying the shop for information or H/O?

I found the H/O contact number after a quick google search 01925 488400

Let me know if you get better luck with the H/O number as I might be chasing up my wifes clubs in the coming weeks, but I hope not.

Hope they arrive soon for you.

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
919 forged 5-pw
Driver
G200 9*
I guess you could look at it this way.

Ordered on the 24th at the retailer, paperwork etc goes to H/O and order placed within 3 working days (but they could have a back log with furlough staff at H/O), so now you are looking at the 29th June, due to the weekend. This would mean its only been 16 working days so far but that's assuming AG placed the order within 3 days.

Anyway, are you trying the shop for information or H/O?

I found the H/O contact number after a quick google search 01925 488400

Let me know if you get better luck with the H/O number as I might be chasing up my wifes clubs in the coming weeks, but I hope not.

Hope they arrive soon for you.
I ordered mine from Bearwood lakes (great place/fitting) tbh the length of wait I feel is now slightly excessive but its more that when iv phoned or emailed I'm just fobbed off. Hopefully both sets will arrive soon

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
MP20 HMB 5-PW
Driver
N/A
Everything is through the shop unfortunately, the Aftersales refuse to deal with anything that was ordered in store.

Been told today that they are "expected" to arrive with the distributor by this Friday and with me by next week. I just don't understand how there isn't some sort of tracking system between retailers and manufacturer to inform the customer of the current build stage.

POB

Local club/country
United Kingdom
Understand Sturgey/Adam I think its pretty poor, a large chain should have a better process than a small pro shop but i'm not so sure they do. The other thing to consider is accounts go on stop, cash flow in these current times can do strange things to orders if suppliers accounts aren't up to date (not that i have any knowledge of this in this instance) but in the industry I work in lots of accounts/suppliers were holding back on items due to accounts on stop for lack of meeting payment terms.

What did you go for anyway guys?

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
919 forged 5-pw
Driver
G200 9*
Found out today from a very apoligetic head pro @bearwood lakes that my order wasn't placed when said but has offered me a 4ball and a mizuno cart bag so am not quite as upset as before 😂

Irons
JPX 919 Forged pw-5i
Modern lofts
KBS C-Taper Lite X Stiff 115g
Standard length 2*flat lie

CLK20 Hybrids
22*&19* lofts
Tensei blue 80 stiff
Length - 1/2"

ST200 15* FAIRWAY TS Head Diamana D+ (White board) 70 stiff
Length - 1/2"

ST200 DRIVER 9.0*
TENSEI CK blue 60 stiff

T20 Wedges/chrome
50/7 54/8 58/8
KBS C-TAPER LITE X flex 115g 2*flat lie
Standard length

Multi-compound plus 4 grey/black 1 layer tape

POB

Local club/country
United Kingdom
Wow that is a full set, very nice! Nice to see the shop offering something too

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Wow that is a full set, very nice! Nice to see the shop offering something too
Good - that didn't sound right when i read it.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Frustrating as it is - afraid we can't give info to a 3rd party on specific orders from a retailer to Mizuno. Our chain of communication is with our retail chain and they're the people we're updating.

There are plenty of things that can slow orders down - not everything is COVID related. Right now we're estimating 10-15 working days from order to dispatch on anything ordered today in Europe.

Other things that can cause delays.

1. Parts (we're pretty good at the moment).
2. Mizuno didn't receive an order.
3. The order was incomplete (missing info) that we've had to go back for confirmation - normally just a few extra days.
4. Specific retailers might be taking longer as their trading terms with Mizuno are slightly different.

Mizuno doesn't take payment for any custom sets until after they've been dispatched. So definitely not in our interests to keep people waiting. The staff at our Cumbernauld factory have been putting in some pretty extreme shifts and overtime to try and cut the lead times down. Weekends and evenings are the norm right now. They've been borderline heroic up there.

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
MP20 HMB 5-PW
Driver
N/A
Amazingly, I ordered an MP20 HMB Driving Iron from an Online site on the 1st July which is being delivered tomorrow..

My AG order from the 24th of June of a full set of MP20 HMB custom fit though, nowhere to be seen and no updates!

HCP
Local club/country
Earl of Mar
Irons
Mizuno / MP20 MMC / 4-PW
Driver
Titleist 915 D2
Amazingly, I ordered an MP20 HMB Driving Iron from an Online site on the 1st July which is being delivered tomorrow..

My AG order from the 24th of June of a full set of MP20 HMB custom fit though, nowhere to be seen and no updates!
Which AG did you order from out of curiosity? I ordered from AG too but I’m only 10 days in just wondering if I’ll have the same luck as some of you. Thanks

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
MP20 HMB 5-PW
Driver
N/A
Which AG did you order from out of curiosity? I ordered from AG too but I’m only 10 days in just wondering if I’ll have the same luck as some of you. Thanks
I'm down in South Wales, its just astounding how a company so large doesn't have an effective POS system to track orders with manufacturers.

HCP
Local club/country
Earl of Mar
Irons
Mizuno / MP20 MMC / 4-PW
Driver
Titleist 915 D2
I’m in Glasgow. I’m only 10 days in so probably a bit early to be concerned

Adam

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
919 forged 5-pw
Driver
G200 9*
Hi I was wondering what your thoughts are regarding club length? I have a wrist - floor of 29" if a fist or 31" if to wrist crease used & feel my irons are to long. My Hybrids are half short along with 3wd yet driver and irons are standard

Top Bottom