Uniform length shafts

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
No it is not a thread about Bryson, I think he should go and put his head in a bucket of cold water then have a chat with Lee Trevino.

It is about U on shafts after S300U, S400U etc.

On another forum the consensus that U is for Upright. How the hell can a shaft be flat or upright ???!! Unless it is bent

This is my understanding

U on the shafts means Uniform. They are all one length supplied from the factory to the club builder/pro and then are cut and tipped for kick point to the length required for the fitting of the club as required. Whereas the TT shafts without the U have been measured and made in the factory for each individual iron to a standard fit. There is no advantage or disadvantage to either, the shafts are of the same quality,

Happy to be corrected.

Cheers

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
U = "Unitized" = parallel tip (0.370"). There is a fundamental design difference between parallel and taper. From a fitting/weight perspective I prefer taper, though you can basically eliminate the weight issue if you have a virtual unlimided stock to hand sort. Those more into 'on the number' CPM or flighted building might disagree :)

EDIT: not the best article on the difference, but most of it is on point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom